Pre Patch Pet

Can the pre-patch White Wyrm still be trained wit

Comments

• ArronArron Posts: 485
    Can the Pre-Patch White Wyrm be trained without any penalties? 
    Will they still have their lower slot count for their level of training and power?

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,041
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    I made a mistake on my Pre Patch Pet and now he has 30 Stamina Regen. 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,934
    Arron said:
    I made a mistake on my Pre Patch Pet and now he has 30 Stamina Regen. 
    WOW !

I had no idea how Taming has become so complicated that one single mistake can potentially ruin a pet....

Is there a way to be able to say what training for a given pet would be the best one so has not to ruin that pet for making a mistake while training it ?
    It was I who made the mistake when clicking the button on the choices picked. I am usuall very careful when adding skills to my pets. Maybe it wont be too bad. I will try him out tomorrow and see how he does. It was a careless mistake on my part.
    Arron said:
    It was I who made the mistake when clicking the button on the choices picked. I am usuall very careful when adding skills to my pets. Maybe it wont be too bad. I will try him out tomorrow and see how he does. It was a careless mistake on my part.
    But, is there a way to "plan ahead" the training of a pet "before" actuall applying it so as to avoid doing mistakes ?

I mean, how does one "know" what to train and what not ?
    Yes there is a planing mode which lets you plan first before actually doing the training. My problem was not the planning I did it on TC1 and also planned on the Production shard. I was doing great as I always follow and double check, but I hit the wrong key by accident. I guess I needed to tripple check. I have done many pets but it only takes one time. I am lucky it was not a huge mistake but it made my pet not as good as it could be. Lesson Learnt. 
  • Sorry man that can be a costly one.  He could still make a good pet if you just lower the intensity of the power scrolls you put on it.  I would try for 120 wrestling and the rest 110's.  Maybe 120 chivalry if there's room and you have the patients to train it up.
    Look at the bright side,  He'll never run out of stamina lol

I am still happy with him. He was ahead of the game because he is a pre patch pet. And I do agree with you he will have mana to spare. Maybe that would be helpful in fel, who knows, but I still think he is a great pet just I know if it was not for my error he would be even better. 360 points I could have added somewhere else.

I wonder why the option for stamina  regen is 30 and hit point regen is 20. Is there a reason the developers made it that way?  Was Just wondering.
    edited February 2019
    Arron said:
    Yes there is a planing mode which lets you plan first before actually doing the training. My problem was not the planning I did it on TC1 and also planned on the Production shard. I was doing great as I always follow and double check, but I hit the wrong key by accident. I guess I needed to tripple check. I have done many pets but it only takes one time. I am lucky it was not a huge mistake but it made my pet not as good as it could be. Lesson Learnt. 
    How is the Pets' Training "planning" mode accessed where one can "simulate" the training of the pet and how it will end up resulting like before actually starting the training ?
    After you Lore the pet hit the little blue jewel on the bottom of the stat tab it will bring up another page.  That is the plan sheet. At the top of the Plan sheet click on Enable to begin the planing. Any thing on the planing page is just for plan and see the point spreed and what you can do and how it affects your points for training. Again make sure the planing is enabled or it will use your points to apply the chosen skill to the pet and deduct the points from your pool of points. I would also suggest doing this on TC1 so you get the  feel for it in case you make a mistake and forget to enable the planning mode. Just copy your tamer to TC1 and go from there.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,969Moderator
    popps said:
    How is the Pets' Training "planning" mode accessed where one can "simulate" the training of the pet and how it will end up resulting like before actually starting the training ?
    The process is explained here: https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/skills/animal-taming/animal-training/

Thank you Mariah.
  • Hi my name is Captain Lucky. I have a pet and I'm OCD :P
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
    Hi my name is Captain Lucky. I have a pet and I'm OCD :P
    Hi Captain Lucky. I am a Tamer and I like playing a tamer and I guess some may say I am a little OCD as well. Its cool. I just like doning my best.