So Ok it's been a while - purchasing sovereigns.

So how come after years and years of this problem is this still an issue?  I bought sovereigns about a month or so ago and got the code and it was screwed up and not in the correct format.  Yep I know it has been this way for ages (YEARS)  and those of us vets all know that the correct format is 6-5-5-5-5. 

Yet today I am still having to explain to a newbie in gen chat why their code doesn't work.  Surely to goodness any logical corporation who has a product that is bought and paid for (ie a game code), which is known to be DEFECTIVE would have a high priority for said item being fixed. 

Not UO. 

Do they have any understanding of how completely frustrating this is for someone who has just paid hard cash for a product to find it doesn't work?  That person tries and tries again thinking they are doing something wrong, in a lot of cases they may end up doing the whole email route and go through copious amounts of hours waiting for a response that may or may not be forthcoming in any type of timely manner to get their 'broken' product replaced or repaired, unless they had the good fortune to come to chat and ask so that a PLAYER could assist them. 

Beggar's belief how this company sells anything to be honest.  HOW hard is it to type a 26 letter code in the correct format?

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum

Comments

• JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited February 2019
    LOL, yea. But then Bonnie would have to work something out with EA/Origin. Sounds super unrealistic.. so it will stay the same.. only need her to post here "sent me an email I will handle it" to top it off.. but her posting here is super unrealistic too ofc..

Thanks for doing their job though. The game would be long shut if people had to rely on the actually paid UO support.
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    There is currently no issue with purchasing codes and copy/pasting them into their appropriate location as they're written.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • Many codes have to go through account management. Could be the hang up
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • you do not have to reformat the code, i have just copied and pasted codes the way they come dozens of times. in fact i pasted one yesterday that way to reactivate my second account with game time.  
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• MissEMissE Posts: 776
    well sorry but the sovereign code I got and the one the person got yesterday in chat would NOT copy and paste until it had been reformatted, both had to go into the account management section.  After several failed attempts I had to go find the notepad doc I had kept with the correct format on it, wouldn't of bothered doing that if the thing had copied and pasted now would I?

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    MissE said:
    well sorry but the sovereign code I got and the one the person got yesterday in chat would NOT copy and paste until it had been reformatted, both had to go into the account management section.  After several failed attempts I had to go find the notepad doc I had kept with the correct format on it, wouldn't of bothered doing that if the thing had copied and pasted now would I?

I bought sovereigns on two different occasions very recently and had no problems with them. I even typed them in. Got them to work on the first attempt. ( Did not remember the copy and paste method)
  • TimTim Posts: 796
    I also got some codes recently and had no problem. 
  • Ezekiel_ZaneEzekiel_Zane Posts: 326
    edited February 2019
    Just add in my 2¢. 

I've purchased Sovereigns five times since early December without a single issue.

I've also purchased 2 Six-months gametime codes and 9 One-month gametime codes, also without issue.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,074
    If you use paypal or the card you pay with, you can just copy and paste the code you get immediately into the correct place.  I don't know of this 6-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5 thing.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.