Windrunner

Hello. Does anyone have and or trained their Windrunner vanity mount?  I am in the process of training mine. I bought it because it was cool looking, but when I started to train it it jumped a training slot which I am not happy about, since it started as a 1-4 slot mount. Any tips on training it for best results??? I know it won't be as good as my other pets but I like the fact that it is able to be ridden.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,100
    edited February 2019
    They jump because they have necro. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    Thank you for the response Pawain. Were you able to get your Windrunner back? If so were you able to train it where it can do well at spawns and take down large and powerful Monsters?
    They only get 2 rounds of training and if you start training you need taming and lore skill.
    I doubt you could kill anything powerful with one.  Unless you are what is killing it mostly.

I only train pets that go to 5 slots so I never trained one.  The one that went poof was my Archer/Bards mount.  Many mounts "hop' when you shoot arrows.  The windrunner does not. So I like that about it. I have the vanity mounts for vanity reasons.

The Sakkhran Bird of Prey is the statue pet that I would want to go to 5 slots.

I saw a trained Windrunner today.  Was not built how I would build it, but it would kill stuff.
    Ok I have been training mine because I wanted to see how it would do with necro. I wish I could transfer it to a non tamer after I was done but I don't think my other toon would be able to control it if it could be transferred to them. Not sure if it can because I have not tried.
    As soon as you push the button the requirement goes up!

Take it to Test Center and practice building it.
    Pawain said:
    As soon as you push the button the requirement goes up!

Take it to Test Center and practice building it.
    Thanks again.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited February 2019
    Arron said:
    Hello. Does anyone have and or trained their Windrunner vanity mount?  I am in the process of training mine. I bought it because it was cool looking, but when I started to train it it jumped a training slot which I am not happy about, since it started as a 1-4 slot mount. Any tips on training it for best results??? I know it won't be as good as my other pets but I like the fact that it is able to be ridden.
    Yes I am training mine for my pvp character only.

I only train the skills up to 100, and it was done without increasing the levels. Once wrestling is 100, parrying becomes available and can be trained to 100.

The reason I trained it this way, is to help it survive a "little longer" if I get dismounted in pvp. I don't plan to use it for attack. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    I have noticed that if you train its Necro skills you get Blood Oath and wither among other necro spells. It is true because of its low slot count{It jumps a slot when you start training} it is not very powerful but would much longer than a regular horse.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    I did not activate the "training" button... I just get it to attack the spawns at haven. I don't think it jump a slot this way. Ofcourse I don't get to use necro and BO, but for that added slot I thought we need taming skills.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Yes you would need taming to control if you trained it , not sure how much taming though.