Castle Design Contest House is Bugged

Hello,

I've been over the house with a fine tooth comb. Not a single item is in the house. Not a secured container, locked down item or deeded item. But the house sign says I can't submit design because I'm using 37 lockdowns.

Nothing shows up in All Names. Logging and rebooting didn't fix. Going back into customization and recommitting design didn't work. Nothing is in the moving crate. Nothing weird in the "basement" when you look under house.

I'm all out if ideas? Anyone else have this happen? If you did, did you get it fixed? How?

Thanks!

Comments

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,323
    Can you give me the co-ordinates & facet of the castle? I see you play in CC, maybe I can see the problem for you, I play in EC
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 731
    edited January 2019
    Hi Petra. Yes, that would be great! Thanks for taking the time.

Head East out of Luna. 
    The house is quite a ways down the mountain range, tucked into the mountain side at 90° 15'N  48° 30'E

I had hoped server maintenance would right the problem but I just hopped onto TC and the invisible lockdowns still show on the house sign.

I called a GM and waited quite awhile but no one showed up. I'm guessing I wouldn't necessarily have to be there for a GM to fix it but who knows.

Give me a holler if when you get to TC. I'll make a gate if I hear you shout. 

Thanks again.

Edit: Just now got a message that TC server is coming down. So maybe when it comes back up again things will be fixed. *fingers crossed*
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 731
    Yaaaay! Server maintenance fixed the bug. Thanks to all who dropped by to see if they could help. Thanks for dropping by, Petra!  And thanks for the tour of your keep. It's awesome! 

• IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited January 2019
    @Mesanna @Kyronix @Bleak

IMO this contest is "bugged" in a FAR WORSE meaning of the term.

I just spent OVER TWO HOURS of my Life (that, useless as it may be, it is the only one I have, AFAIK) traveling around ALL THE FACETS to find a spot where to try an idea I had for the Castle Contest.

Results? I didn't find a single spot.

But the EVEN WORSE thing was that ABOUT HALF OF THE OCCUPIED PLOTS WERE TOTALLY BARE!!!

Not a single wall. NOTHING.

If this is not a MASSIVE "land grab" made to block as many people as possible to enter the contest I dunno what it can be.

Placing a Castle without  "grandfathering" rules is pretty hard by itself and the places where it is possible to do it relatively few, but seeing how many people just grabbed the land to exclude "unknown others" is depressing.

Sure: I could have moved my sorry axe earlier, I don't have PROOF that it really is a massive land grab (IT IS!), and bla-bla-bla.

The fact remains that seeing the traces of so many EGOTISTICAL & GREEDY people around is really DISGUSTING.

Moderate my post has much you wish if it violate some TOS rule, but the FACTS will NOT change.

I.
  • ChrilleChrille Posts: 208
    Ok Ivenor took me a whole 3 mins to find a spot.
  • There's spots in Malas.  Tram and Fel it is a bit harder to find one unless you know a lot of castle spots.

I do agree though that there are an inordinate number of empty plots.  Should be a way to prevent that.
    Chrille said:
    Yea, sure. When, now? Pardon me but I doubt it.
    edited January 2019

There's spots in Malas.  Tram and Fel it is a bit harder to find one unless you know a lot of castle spots.

I do agree though that there are an inordinate number of empty plots.  Should be a way to prevent that.
    From when it is possible to buid castles in Malas? In prodo shards, correct me if I’m wrong, as now it is forbidden to build both keeps and castles.

And, yes, you are right: 50% is inordinate, to be VERY kind.
  • ChrilleChrille Posts: 208
    Trinsic swamps trammel, spent some more time and found one more in the swamps, then I went to malas and marked two more spots. When I left another player whom also just checked for spots left 4 runes at brit common for spots. One was going to block one of the ones I had marrked. One is / was just west of  south Vesper entrance fel.
    Chrille said:
    Trinsic swamps trammel, spent some more time and found one more in the swamps, then I went to malas and marked two more spots. When I left another player whom also just checked for spots left 4 runes at brit common for spots. One was going to block one of the ones I had marrked. One is / was just west of  south Vesper entrance fel.
    So AAMOF you are conferming that there are people that still “indulge” in the aforentioned Land Grabbing?
    I just "invested" another hour in Malas. Al last I found a place, were, as I experienced in various low-pop Prodo Shard,s normally a castle will be forbidden, and, again, at least 50% of the plots I saw were occupied by TOTALLY EMPTY bases.
  • ZekeTerraZekeTerra Posts: 313
    Some of the empty plots are those that didn't commit their designs and may do so tonight as they didn't want someone to see their design and copy it.  Others may have started, got involved in something in RL and never got around to completing it.
    ZekeTerra said:
    Some of the empty plots are those that didn't commit their designs and may do so tonight as they didn't want someone to see their design and copy it.  Others may have started, got involved in something in RL and never got around to completing it.
    I could agree if the "bare" plots were, lets say, a 10-20%, but thay are, expecially in Tram & Fel, around ONE HALF of the total.

I.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Chrille said:

Some just do not have that much patience.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.