POLL - Should the Devs Reintroduce the "Bless Item" Deed as a Cleaning Britannia Reward???

2»

Comments

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Ivenor said:
    Seth said:
    No its incorrect unless proven with evidence, guilty unless proven innocent, my dear Watson...
    Darn! They must have changed the Law when I was distrac... ha!, but you are speaking of the Real World Rules as Applied to Not-0.1 Percenter, right? :D ;)
    Yes Sir,  :D

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210
    Acid_Rain said:
    Pretty sure they were duped to hell. I watched a Luna vendor sell out +15 in ~20mins recently b/c they had undercut normal prices by ~20% then watched a hidden/stealthing character restock 20 more (was shopping on my stealther in the EC so I counted the restocking).

The very next day most all of them (the bless deeds) on other vendors had adjusted their prices to compensate. The same vendor house has them stocked daily (right now) and NEVER runs out. Not to mention the owner told me he duped & was proud of it.

When they first came out there was an oversight with books that took forever to get fixed. A lot of people gathered hundreds and hundreds of bless deeds for practically no work. They were probably duped afterwards but the main influx came from books.
  • I don't know anything about any books, but when they first reintroduced the "Item Bless" deed for Cleanup Britannia, I collected about 25 of them and never used them.  I remember how much the original Item Bless deeds had sold for years after they were given out.

I still have all 25.  I never sold any.  So not every one available has been duped.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought ahead and understood how much these would be worth in the future.
  • When bless deeds came out and we didn't have insurance it was a big deal. These days I don't think they're that big a deal. But if people want them it doesn't bother me any.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • Yeah, the original Item Bless deeds were more of a rare than something someone would use.
  • CazadorCazador Posts: 83
    Yes of course!!! You should be able to die and not lose gold, bandages or absolutely anything!! Let’s also add potion satchels and stuff so no one can lose anything! Great ideas! /endsarcasm
  • Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 270
    Timing is everything. 

When they came out I had taken a ~6 month break. One night, out of the blue, I decided to check Stratics for nostalgia. Top post was players from the 3 shards that always get Pubs 1st in outrage that the deeds (I was totally unaware of) had been removed from the list w/o warning. All other shard were set to receive the Pub server up the next day.

I spent the next 6 hrs in a mad frenzy bouncing through every shard collecting & throwing away gifts I’d collected since 1998 on chars I’d never played yet created specifically to get their free stuff. Checking & double checking all toons to make sure nothing was missed, I did pretty darn good getting a horde of them. Was useless the next day at work but it was worth it   ;)

Doesn’t bother me either way if they’re reintroduced or not so I stand neutral.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Cazador said:
    Yes of course!!! You should be able to die and not lose gold, bandages or absolutely anything!! Let’s also add potion satchels and stuff so no one can lose anything! Great ideas! /endsarcasm
     :D 

Either
    1) Revive bless deed availability
    2) New God Mode... anyway, doesn't lose anything when dead, might as well don't die and remove ghost?

:p 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited January 2019
    IMO, BID are most useful to three type of players:

1) New Players, expecially the ones that just ened the (Young) status and that have gained some decent equipement, but not enough GPs to pay for repeated insurances, and so are maybe less willingly to risk their stuff in combat;

2) PvMs doing some heavy "spawning", to avoid "diminishing return" of their efforts;

3) PvPs and/or PKs that die A LOT and so have to pay multiple times for the renewal of the insurance on their multiple fancy Suits & Sh... tuff.

Frankly I couldn't care less abouts PKs destiny, but the other ones maybe "deserve" a little help?

My two GPs.

I.
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    I don't know anything about any books, but when they first reintroduced the "Item Bless" deed for Cleanup Britannia, I collected about 25 of them and never used them.  I remember how much the original Item Bless deeds had sold for years after they were given out.

I still have all 25.  I never sold any.  So not every one available has been duped.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought ahead and understood how much these would be worth in the future.
    I did the same thing on a smaller scale. I was able to earn 6 of them and still have them to this day. I was not aware that Item Bless Deeds were duped. One thing I have always said and believe is if a (Wo)man can make it then a (Wo)man can break it.