Resisting Spells

Hello,

I re-subscribed to the game today and I'm looking at my template. I'm wondering about the skill "Resisting Spells," however. I notice that I don't see it included on many mage templates. Is it not useful? I had leveled it because I hate getting cast on, but if it's not going to add much benefit, I could probably put those points elsewhere.

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 1,303
    Resisting spells is needed in PvP not so important in PvM.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002
  • IkeeluIkeelu Posts: 134
    I would argue the opposite. Resisting spells is replaced by apples and trapped boxes in pvp. You can see what your opponent is casting and counter. In pvm a necromatic hostile can cast blood oath without warning  and at higher swing speeds and 0 magic resist you can kill yourself the moment you see the debuff. 

Just sayin. However, as a mage in pvm I see little use. 
    esdxWhere is the bank? 
    edited February 10
    You still get blood oathed at 120 resist, it just lasts less time.

(Pinco's UI has an inbuilt cheat to counteract this)
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• IkeeluIkeelu Posts: 134
    Mervyn, 120 resist lowers the ratio of damage reflected as well. Also the EC flashes “blood oath” when you are cursed with it. 
    esdxWhere is the bank? 
    edited February 10
    ah so it does, learn something new everyday