Canceled my Sub and Deleted all Chars

2»

Comments

• MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Food is essential to life... yet I wonder how many people in this discussion grow all of their own food.

Most people are very accustomed to finding an area of work which makes a profit for them and using that profit to purchase other items.  This applies to us in our real life and is quite applicable to the discussion about power scrolls only being available in Fel.  There is nothing wrong with certain content and drops being limited to certain play styles or risk areas. 

Champ spawns are fun and several of them exist in the Tram ruleset for those that wish to enjoy them for the fun of defeating them.  No one can prevent you from having fun doing those spawns.  If you wish to do spawns for fun and have the added reward of power scrolls you need to be willing to accept the risk associated with them.  As others have pointed out in this thread there are several successful strategies to mitigate the risk.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,949
    edited January 2019
    Merus said:
    Food is essential to life... yet I wonder how many people in this discussion grow all of their own food.

Most people are very accustomed to finding an area of work which makes a profit for them and using that profit to purchase other items.  This applies to us in our real life and is quite applicable to the discussion about power scrolls only being available in Fel.  There is nothing wrong with certain content and drops being limited to certain play styles or risk areas. 

Champ spawns are fun and several of them exist in the Tram ruleset for those that wish to enjoy them for the fun of defeating them.  No one can prevent you from having fun doing those spawns.  If you wish to do spawns for fun and have the added reward of power scrolls you need to be willing to accept the risk associated with them.  As others have pointed out in this thread there are several successful strategies to mitigate the risk.
    There is nothing wrong with certain content and drops being limited to certain play styles or risk areas. "

Oh yes that there is a whole LOT of wrong in that, at least to my viewing....

The wrong starts, as I see it, when that "certain" content is made available in a way that promoted Monopolies which are controlled only by a few players which, therefore, can pretty much ask whatever they want for that content....

And that causes the rest of the players to then have to engage into boring, repetitive and ENORMOUSLY time consuming "grinding" in order to put together the in-game gold necessary to afford that content which those few players holding that Monopoly can, instead, make in minutes, thanking to their Monopoly....

So, players get split into a few who get an enormous in-game wealth in very little time and a very large number of other players who, instead, struggle spending countless of their time in boring, repetive gameplay in order to only afford a few of those absurdedly uber priced items...

Frankly, at least personally, I cannot see how such a recipe might not be leading to the demise of whatever game based on it considering how it might be eventually deterring to many players to want to keep play that given game....

Monopolies, to  my viewing, are bad, in real life as well as in games and all efforts from the Developers should, to my opinion, be intended at BREAKING them Monopolies so as to ensure healthy and beneficial competition to REDUCE prices, not to get them artificially inflated....
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited January 2019
    We understand a player might find fault with things as they are, The game has changed so to do players. I find 1 month not long enough to get back into the swing of the hard gaming he lists as his forte in game.  I have no doubt he is mad.. but to come and dump all on the players of the forum is not right.  May I ask this be locked up. To save the others the hurt filled message meant to drag up feeling that might change others minds erroroniously 
    I second this, +1.
    Arron said:
    I have actually been toying with the idea of creating a corporation or group of guilds that will help Blue players who wish to  work the fel champ spawns. I actually know a couple of great pvp'ers that are not red and do not grief other players. I will have to give it some more thought. Sort of like protectors of Tram.
    I thought this is already available, i.e. justice + protection, etc, but maybe not for someone who wants to play solo and asking for power scrolls in Trammel ruleset. They are not asking how to do this now, but to modify the server rules to meet their own needs.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    I think it's time to end this before it becomes anymore toxic.
This discussion has been closed.