Dreadhorn Solo

Has anyone tried to solo Dreadhorn using a newly trained p

Comments

• ArronArron Posts: 485
    Anyone have suggestions for soloing Dread Horn with a tamer?
  • AaylaAayla Posts: 170
    I use my AI/Chiv or Disco Cu Sidhe. Works well.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,259

I use a pure scribe mage. :)

Or convert him to spellweaver if I'm feeling fancy.

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210
    Female tamer + unicorn. They can't be poisoned at all. Very underrated pets. 
    I was planning to train a Najasaurus since that it the biggest problem my pet being cursed and poisoned. My Cu can't seem to beat him. My Cu is an AI/Chiv Cu. My Tamer also is 3x 120 Disco but I am having trouble.

Aayla said:
    I am not doing well with my cu. I must be doing something wrong.

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,085
    Do you have a III primer and run consume.  Also Aayla has done Dreadhorn solo for years so she could do it on any good pet.

Dreadhorn does poison damage so your Cu may be low in that resist. A well built Lesser Hiryu would match Dreadhorns resists.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Urge said:
    Female tamer + unicorn. They can't be poisoned at all. Very underrated pets. 
    And Trust me I know Dread Horn loves to use poison. Lol. I may need a 100% poison resist pet.
    Pawain said:
    Do you have a III primer and run consume.  Also Aayla has done Dreadhorn solo for years so she could do it on any good pet.

Dreadhorn does poison damage so your Cu may be low in that resist. A well built Lesser Hiryu would match Dreadhorns resists.
    Well as a matter of fact last night I got a Taming Mastery III  at a spawn I was doing. I have eaten the scroll and now have the option of using Consume on pet. Would that help a lot??Any advice Aayla can give would be most welcomed and appreciated.
    Aayla said:
    Thanks for the info. Do you run consume?
    Cookie said:

You solo with no pets Cookie?

He prob uses a summons instead.

YES!  Consume will make your life easier!  Now you need to build a suit with enough mana regen to keep it going and still use spells.
    Ok cool. Thank you again. I do have a suit. I may not be that great but it has max resist and I think 29 mana regen. I think i read that was what was needed. Am I wrong? 
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,259
    Arron said:
    Cookie said:

You solo with no pets Cookie?

Actually, I misread your title!

I solo Melisandre with pure scribe mage, or spellweaver. :)

I take off scribe/spellweaving, wrestle, resist and add in mystic+focus+hiding for Dreadhorn, and solo him with a mystic hiding mage - the RC's tank, while the Mage mastery skill death ray is really useful in the background. My best time with no deaths is 25 minutes. This is in fact only the 2nd spawn I know of, that death ray is any use - the other being the Harry itself.

Or I use my pure Garg hiding Mystic, max RC's, quite easy.

I do in fact have a female tamer with unicorn, should of course use the tamer...

The hardest part of Dreadhorn for me, is collecting the keys... I get 5 of them really easily, but killing Irk is insane. I've spent an hour on a (probable) paragon Irk, and failed before basically, cannot kill it sometimes. That puts me off.

Yes Irk can be very Irksome. (Sorry I could not resist the pun). .And forget about if it a paragon. It would not be so bad but there is several other strong spawn there as well. I will try again with my Cu now that I have gotten Consume from a spawn last nigh. Since Dreadhorn Loves to switch targets I need to remember to keep an invis up since I don't have hiding on this toon. Thank you for the advice and information Cookie.
    Well tried doing Dreadhorn this morning and took a rezzer. I died a lot but finally killed him. No crimmey though. I made some observations and will test out the information I gained from fighting him. Yes and it seems like Irk has been upgraded somehow. The spawn was crazy. Died a few times getting the keys.Too bad about the low poison resist on my cu. He will be my goto pet till I can train another poison resist pet.
    Make an AI/Chiv Lesser Hiryu for Dread horn.  It needs no extra cold resist.
    Why a lesser Hiryu and not a Hiryu? Is it because of the training slots?

Lesser starts at one slot and Hiryu is 3.  So a Lesser will end up with a better build. 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,945
    Pawain said:
    What is an "AI" Chivalry Lesser Hiryu if I may ask ?

And why would it be a preferable choice to solo Dreadhorn ?
    Pawain said:
    Lesser starts at one slot and Hiryu is 3.  So a Lesser will end up with a better build. 
    A pet that is 1 slot is not weaker as compared to a pet that is 3 slots ?

If so, how could then a "weaker" pet be more usefull as compared to a "stronger" pet when trying to solo Dreadhorn ?
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

Armor ignore. 
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

If so, how could then a "weaker" pet be more usefull as compared to a "stronger" pet when trying to solo Dreadhorn ?
    Standard 1 slot is far weaker but the lesser can be trained from 1 slot to 5 while the greater is standard 3 that trains to 5. 

So you get more choices training a lesser to 5 slots than you would having a greater at 5 slots.
    Urge said:
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

Standard 1 slot is far weaker but the lesser can be trained from 1 slot to 5 while the greater is standard 3 that trains to 5. 

So you get more choices training a lesser to 5 slots than you would having a greater at 5 slots.
    What do you mean by saying that with the training of a lesser Hiryu one gets more choices ?

Like more skills that one can train it in ?

What I am trying to understand, is whether or not by training a 1 slot Lesser Hiryu up to a 5 slots one in the end would get a better pet as compared to a Hiryu that starts at 3 slots but gets trained to 5 slots just as well....

I mean, in the end they are BOTH 5 slots trained pets..... but, I would imagine, training up the 3 slots Hiryu to a 5 slots Hiryu would take "less time" as compared to having to train a Lesser Hiryu from 1 slot to 5 slots....

Or am I understanding it wrong and a trained up 5 slots "Lesser" Hiryu would be in any case better as compared to a trained up 5 slots Hiryu ?

Sorry for the questions, but I am just coming back to UO after Years of not playing it and all of this is brand new to me....
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,685
    popps said:
    Urge said:
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

What do you mean by saying that with the training of a lesser Hiryu one gets more choices ?

What I am trying to understand, is whether or not by training a 1 slot Lesser Hiryu up to a 5 slots one in the end would get a better pet as compared to a Hiryu that starts at 3 slots but gets trained to 5 slots just as well....

I mean, in the end they are BOTH 5 slots trained pets..... but, I would imagine, training up the 3 slots Hiryu to a 5 slots Hiryu would take "less time" as compared to having to train a Lesser Hiryu from 1 slot to 5 slots....

Or am I understanding it wrong and a trained up 5 slots "Lesser" Hiryu would be in any case better as compared to a trained up 5 slots Hiryu ?

Sorry for the questions, but I am just coming back to UO after Years of not playing it and all of this is brand new to me....
    a 1 slot pet has 3k points more.
    meaning you can enhance your pet more
    Well I use consume damage, stay 15 tiles away. Get a Gift of Renewal in case my Cu needs healing and always ready to invis if he teleport me. My Cu is maxed except healing at 110ish.
    popps said:
    Urge said:
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

Not a problem on the questions. A full hiryu does take a lot less time to put to 5 slots. With the full 5 slot advancement they make a perfectly good pet.

The lesser is for those that want complete customization. You get an extra 2 slots of training points to do as you wish. It's hard to explain but with the revamp a pet that starts at 1 slot that can be trained to 5 is considered better than a 3 slot that goes to 5.

Aayla said:
    Well I use consume damage, stay 15 tiles away. Get a Gift of Renewal in case my Cu needs healing and always ready to invis if he teleport me. My Cu is maxed except healing at 110ish.
    Thank you Aayla for the idea. and information. I was not aware that I could be 15 tiles away and still be able to run consume. I don't have spellweaving on my tamer. I do have discord. I may make a discord Cu for Dread. Do you have any idea if that would work? I personally think I should keep the Cu I have which is a Chivy/AI.
    If you have discord, why would you make a discord pet for a single target encounter?
    edited February 2019
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

I prefer Cu Sidhe over Lesser Hiryu for healing.