Fishing Quests: is this a BUG ?

I am having a hard time with Trinsic, Skara Brae and Jhelom Fishmongers.... they do not give me Quests...

All these 3 Fishmongers keep saying this <span>:smile:

"Aye, partner, how goes the fishin? Me customer be waitin' fer ye and won't be payin' either of us till ye deliver."

The problem is, that my Ship's Hold is EMPTY and that I have nothing to deliver !

I must go to some other Fishmonger in Britain, Vesper, Moonglow of Sea Market to get a Quest because, for who knows what reasons, I cannot get them in Trinsic, Skara Brae or Jhelom...

Has anyone had this happening to them also ?

Is there a way that I can correct it ?

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    If I remember right your ship has to be located in the fishmongers area.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited January 2019
    Bilbo said:
    If I remember right your ship has to be located in the fishmongers area.
    It is... infact, I was able to deliver 2 crates, one to Trinsic and another to Skara Brae which it means that the Ship WAS in the area (else I would have not been able to deliver the filled orders...), but they game me no Quest anew, saying that message which I quoted....

Basically, out of 8 locations giving Fishing Quests I can only use 5 as Trinsic, Skara Brae and Jhelom (all in the same server zone...) do not give me any Fishing Quest....

And I have NO IDEA how to fix this issue...

@Kyronix or @Mesanna , can you please help ?

Thanks !
    edited January 2019
    I am getting further worried....

I have been trying to read as much as I could about this issue and found an old reference of 2011 from Stratics (https://stratics.com/threads/faq-how-to-gain-fishing-rewards-quests-now-with-high-seas-new-mibs-data.186187/#post-1920870) where, if I understood it as correctly, in an "Ask the Devs" Thread the Mythic Developer James, to my understanding, replied to an answer about Fishing Quests :

"Question 6: Is it based on reputation with just the monger we are dealing with, or on our standing with all the mongers as a whole?

James: Reputation is pooled among all fishmongers, they talk to each other through a secret chat channel."

So, since, for who knows what reasons/Bug I am NOT getting Quest Orders from the Fishmongers in Skara Brae, Trinsic and Jhelom (all in the same one Server zone...), basically my Reputation is SCREWED and I am unable to advance in my progress towards better Quest Orders and, thus, Rewards ?

Also, considering that, as I understand it, there is Trammel Fishmongers and Felucca Fishmongers, according to the James' answer above is the Reputation "pooled" per facet or in between ALL Fishmongers be them in Trammel or Felucca ?

The answer to this is significative because if the Reputation is "facet limited" then one should "stick" with doing Quests only on 1 facet, otherwise, if the Reputation is pooled among ALL Fishmongers in Trammel + Felucca, then, in order to build up one's own reputation better (i.e. have no Fishmonger have 0 reputation for a character which would lower the pooled average), one should switch doing Quests in between Trammel AND Felucca to bring up ALL of the 16 Fishmongers (8 per facet) Reputations towards that character.... is it possible to get an answer on this, please ?

Furthermore, is there any tangible, visible difference in doing Fishermen's Quests in Felucca rather then in Trammel ?

Does one get more often better Quests' Orders and has a higher chance at better rewards or there is no difference, pretty much, in doing Quests in Felucca or Trammel ? It would be nice, please, to also get an answer on this, thanks !!

Again, is it possible to PLEASE have someone from Broadsword ( @Kyronix or @Mesanna please ?) give me an answer on this and help me out getting out of this issue ?

Thanks !

edited January 2019
    The problem must be worse that I thought and hoped....

I just took the effort to empty out completely my Ship's Hold and Dry Dock it hoping that it would solve the issue but no, after putting the Ship in the Water I STILL get, when asking the Fishmongers in Jhelom, Trinsic and Skara Brae (same Server zone...) the message : 

"Aye, partner, how goes the fishin? Me customer be waitin' fer ye and won't be payin' either of us till ye deliver."

And they give me no Fishing Quest....

YET, if I go to Britain or any of the other 5 Fishmongers on server zones OTHER then that where Jhelom, Skara Brae and Trinsic are located I get given the Fishing Quest.

Since the HELP button does not get me a Game Master to help me out (if I press the physically stuck I only get moved to another location...) and Dry Docking the Ship did not fix the issue, can someone please tell me how I am supposed to get this issue fixed so that I can move on with my fishing ?

@Bleak , please ?

Thanks.
    edited January 2019
    Well, I was able to get a GM kindly assist me and the issue was fixed, at least now I can resume doing Fishing Quests....

He could not do anything about my lost Reputation with the Order of the Dragonfish, though, so it looks like that, even though I did nothing wrong as I did not cancel myself any received Quest and regardless how I ALREADY built my Reputation with the Order of the Dragonfish years back, before I stopped playing, I will have to work it up all again, as if I had never done Fishmonger Quests before....

This is unfortunate, though, and I think that this should be fixed.

Reputation with the Order of the Dragonfish should never decay (only diminish if players cancel a received Order...) as well as players should not get penalized as I was when getting bugged like my character was.... I never cancelled any Order and yet, somehow my character had an order which I was supposed to deliver but which I could not since there was no crate in my Ship's Hold.

The GM cancelled the Order internally to permit my character to resume my questing but, even though this bug was not my fault, I will have to work up again the decayed/lost Reputation and do all of the work back again....

Quite unfortunate.
    Well, I JUST found out that the fix which the Game Master did in Trinsic only worked for that Fish Monger there...

My character is STILL bugged with the 2 other Fish Mongers in Skara Brae and Jhelom which are on the same server zone as Trinsic so, the fix done in Trinsic only worked there, not also for the other 2 locations... it looks like I still need Game Master assistance for the other 2 Fish Mongers in Skara Brae and Jhelom....

It looks like my return to Ultima Online is not being much blessed by luck.... :(
  • Sounds like you let a ship with orders for trinsic, jhelom, and Skara Brae decay when you quit. Probably need to email @Mesanna ;
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Sounds like you let a ship with orders for trinsic, jhelom, and Skara Brae decay when you quit. Probably need to email @ Mesanna 
    The thing is that I have no memory of that...

Anyways, I had to ask for assistance of a GM a couple of times (apparently one fix was not enough) but it looks that now I can again get orders from those 3 Towns....

Unfortunately, because of all of this, my Reputation is no longer what I had and now I have to start it all over from scratch again.....