Does Reputation with the Order of the Dragonfish decay ?

This regards Fish Mongers' Quests.....

I understand that "refusing" a Fish Monger Quests reduces one's own Reputation standing with the Order of the Dragonfish.

But what about not playing one's own Fisherman character for some time ?

Say that a player cancels the last Quest and dry docks the Ship and then either does not log in for some extended time or logs in but plays another character.

Would that Fisherman's character Reputation so far obtained with the Order of the Dragonfish decay because of not playing the fisherman for sometime ?

Or does it stay intact (as I think it should...) ?

Comments

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    It "should" stay intact. There's nothing wrong with refusing or saying No to a quest, just don't ever cancel out of it after you've started it, that's when you lose favor.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,936
    It "should" stay intact. There's nothing wrong with refusing or saying No to a quest, just don't ever cancel out of it after you've started it, that's when you lose favor.
    The reason I am asking is, that after Years again I have been doing Fish Mongers Quests again...

Before stopping playing, I was VERY active on Fishing and had done tons and tons of Quests.

So, my Reputation was extremely high before stopping playing.

Now that I have resumed doing the Quests, I found Fish Mongers giving me "minor" Quests as if my Reputation has been wiped out...

Which it would be extremely annoying if this was the case.... that is why I asked whether it decays for inactivity....
  • ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    Did you throw the quests you had in your fishing ship away to dry dock it when you quit or perhaps not dry dock it and it decayed?  If so, yes, your reputation is back to zero, I know from experience, happened to me long time ago when I didn't realize throwing away my orders to dock the ship would do that. (working on my 2,377th quest)

Parnoc said:
    Did you throw the quests you had in your fishing ship away to dry dock it when you quit or perhaps not dry dock it and it decayed?  If so, yes, your reputation is back to zero, I know from experience, happened to me long time ago when I didn't realize throwing away my orders to dock the ship would do that. (working on my 2,377th quest)

Well, it was Years ago so it is hard to remember well BUT, I found in my Bank stuff which I "seem" to remember that I had in my Ship's Hold....

So, apparently, I think I just removed stuff from the Hold, REFUSED quests upon completing those I had left to finish, and thus had an empty Hold for the Ship to be dry docked...

But I cannot be 100% positive, though, it was Years ago...

But even though, is destroying a Fishing Quest Crate THAT Reputation penalizing ?

How many Quests does it take to build Reputation up to full so as to qualify for a 120 Fishing Scroll chance ?
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,339
    Refusing a quest doesn't lose reputation, cancelling one after you've taken it does.
    Reputation doesn't decay, but after delivering a 6 line quest you will often find you're back at one liners - as long as the quantity is still 20 your reputation is intact. 
  • ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    I got my first 120 PS before I even got my character to 110 so don't worry about that, it'll come, just up to the good ole' RNG.

You have a chance of getting a 120 when you are able to get 6 x 20 fish quests. 
    Parnoc said:
    I got my first 120 PS before I even got my character to 110 so don't worry about that, it'll come, just up to the good ole' RNG.

I worry, and quite much too because before stopping playing, I was waaaaay much into fishing to try get that damn 120 fishing powerscroll and I had multiple quests over and over and over that I got so much baits I have no idea what to do with them, spent countless time fishing and pulling up crabs and lobsters or going to Dungeons to fill up the Quests' crates and yet, never got it....

And now, not only I have to get through all that again BUT, on top of that, I also have to, apparently, start my Reputation all over again since i am only getting lousy Quests of 1 line at the moment....

I worry a whole lot, actually, that I might go through all of that effort again and still remain empty handed....
    One line isn't the criteria, how many fishes of each type are you asked for?
    One line isn't the criteria, how many fishes of each type are you asked for?
    After I resumed I have had a couple of Fishing Quests asking for 20 fish, deep water, but only of 1 line. So far, no 2 lines.

Which to me it shows that, after stopping playing Years back, my Reputation with the Order of the Dragonfish did go the way of the Dodo... unfortunately, and that I need to start it all over again which, since I still remember the nightmare (and time consuming) that it was back then to get to 6 lines Quests, I feel sorry for myself to have to go through all that AGAIN.....

With an added issue this time, as I reported in another Thread here, this second time I am ALSO being bugged, apparently, since Trinsic, Skara Brae and Jhelom Fishmonger do not want to give me Quests and keep repeating this phrase, no matter how many times I click on them "Aye, partner, how goes the fishin? Me customer be waitin' fer ye and won't be payin' either of us till ye deliver."

Yet, my Ship's Hold is totally, entirely empty of anything so, I have nothing to have to deliver...

I even Dry Docked the Ship in the hope that this would have fixed the issue but no, it did not help at all...

And since, as I indicated in the other Thread, apparently it looks like, as I understand it, that Reputation with the Order of the Dragonfish is "pooled" among ALL of the fishmongers, not being able to interact with 3 out of 8 is quite a damage to my ability to build up Reputation again this second time as compared to my first time....

Nope, it certainly does NOT look good to my eyes what lays ahead of me....

Reputation should NOT decay at all.

I can understand that lines for Orders might reset after turning in an item but Reputation, no matter for how long one does not play a Fisherman, should remain all FULL and INTACT.

Yet, this does not look like to me, at least considering how I am being treated by the Fishmongers and what they are asking me for as Orders.....
    If you are getting 20 line orders, the rep is ok, I'm getting one liners too, and I was delivering 6s last week - however it does look as though your ship sank with orders on board before you quit, and now you have undeliverable orders stuck.  I've never had that problem, but others have. Maybe they know the solution. I would put in a help call for a GM, with a full explanation of the problem.  Your rep probably will be damaged when those orders are cancelled.
    @popps you are remembering how it works wrongly.  one liners with 20 fish is NOT the bottom. You had to work you way up the quantities, you could have a 6 line with 10 fish per line before you got orders for 15 fish. Once you hit 20 fish per line, you get a variety of numbers of lines, but always 20 fish. After delivering a 6 line for one town, that town will next time give you a 1 liner.  

I don't actually remember whether you start at 5 fish per line or 10, perhaps someone who did it more recently can confirm that.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,679
    when I started doing the quests it was 5 fish