2019 High Seas overhaul.... could you please consider also these ?

poppspopps Posts: 3,936
edited January 2019 in General Discussions
With the planned High Seas 2019 overhaul, would it be kindly possible to also see some revamping of this content ?

1) - An overhaul to fishing as a whole
2) - An overhaul to Treasure Hunting, Treasure Maps, MIBs, Fishing Nets and all related
3) - An overhaul to Remove Trap and Stealthing so that being GM Remove Trap and Legendary Stealther could permit one to remain hidden when removing a Trap and emptying the content of a Chest
Let me explain better this...
A proper thief Template is VERY skills demanding...
100 hiding
120 stealth
100 detect hidden
100 lock picking
100 remove trap
120 stealing 
100 snooping
That adds up to 740 total... there simply is no room for any combat skills, magery/chivalry to recall etc. etc.
That's why the bonus to remain hidden should be very rewarding for characters who invest so much into pure thief skills.... 
4) - Increase peerless ingredients in Chests, including the "specific" Peerless Bosses ones like Captured Essence, Diseased Bark, Dread Horn Mane, Eye of the Travesty, Grizzled Bones and Lard of Paroxymous...
5) - Give a chance to level 6 and 7 Treasure Chests to carry a Valiant Scroll of Commendation [Replica], please ?

More suggestions are welcomed !!

Comments

• I understand what you're asking for but allowing to stay completely invisible while improving the content of pickable chests, especially introducing power or stat scrolls as potential loot on them would result in this content being heavily script-farmed.
    I don't think you have thought about that dimension of your suggestion.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,936
    I understand what you're asking for but allowing to stay completely invisible while improving the content of pickable chests, especially introducing power or stat scrolls as potential loot on them would result in this content being heavily script-farmed.
    I don't think you have thought about that dimension of your suggestion.
    Well, since when "combat" has deterred scripters ?

I have bumped into threads mentioning some quite complex scripts being able to handle AFK combat and even with quite tough creatures...

So, I would imagine, not permitting to stay invisible while removing a trap and taking items from a chest I doubt that would bother much scripters....
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Personally I find it ridiculous that a pvp thief can snoop in  your pack, which is the equivalent of riffling around in it until they find what they want, and they can do this while hidden, yet a treasure thief can't remove a trap without revealing himself..absolutely reveal if it goes off , but you sigh a relief so loudly that you reveal your location ? Or your expertise and smoothness disarms the trap....but you reveal yourself ? Really ?
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • popps said:
    Well, since when "combat" has deterred scripters ?

I have bumped into threads mentioning some quite complex scripts being able to handle AFK combat and even with quite tough creatures...

So, I would imagine, not permitting to stay invisible while removing a trap and taking items from a chest I doubt that would bother much scripters....
    yeah....but no...
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,792
    A successful remove trap should not reveal you but it does. I could have done more hidden chests in Khaldun if it was not for the revealing on success.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    TimSt said:
    A successful remove trap should not reveal you but it does. I could have done more hidden chests in Khaldun if it was not for the revealing on success.
    Sounds logical... ok done!

@Kyronix this change is approved, please proceed.

^^
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    I forgot to add a

# 6) - Please  REVAMP the Clean Up Britannia "Fishermen's Suit" !!!
    The +50% Bonus to baits, as many fishermen reported, does not seem to help much if at all...

Many players, from Threads I have read, seem to have experienced fishing more Legendary Fishes/Crabs/Lobsters without the Fishermen's suit on rather then with it....

It looks like, at least to my understanding, that something is not working well with this Suit and it could benefit from some love to it...

Thanks !!
  • A charybdis bait has 5 charges. Its extremely hard to get. You even need an Oracle of something..blue spyglass.. also extremely  rare . What isnt rare is you get just one Charybdis from five charges. Aaand the loot is worthless. The fisher gets an useless named armor piece . The whole crew needed gets nothing . Ship severely damaged most of the time.*cries*  Fight is fun and different so it would be nice if it was worth doing for the whole crew. 
    Scalis just needs some white  nets, and have good loot for all that get looting rights, and the chance for a precious small soulforge...

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,339
    Seconded. Charybdis needs serious looking at.  I have done a lot of fishing quests, have thousands of bait, gotten multiple 120 scrolls and all other levels, 3 x 5 charybdis bait, but I've never had an oracle of the sea - it's uber-rare.  I think I've only been involved in fighting it 3 or 4 times, no one summons it.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    I would like to see some bugs fixed. Any publish should have some bug fixes as standard. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

edited January 2019
    Seconded. Charybdis needs serious looking at.  I have done a lot of fishing quests, have thousands of bait, gotten multiple 120 scrolls and all other levels, 3 x 5 charybdis bait, but I've never had an oracle of the sea - it's uber-rare.  I think I've only been involved in fighting it 3 or 4 times, no one summons it.
    ON TOP of the Oracle of the Sea being absurdedly rare, it does not even guarantee that, together with the necessary use of the Bait, it spawns the Monster....

Infact, I have read that it might be recommended to ALSO use a Fisherman's Suit to get +50% bonus for the Bait....
    Also # 7 just came up to my mind.....

7) - Is it possible, please, to make the Baits "stack" with one another and, also, the small mess of fish also stack with one another of the various kind ?

Thanks !
    Has an Oracle...:-)...since @Kyronix ; only wants cannon thoughts on the other thread, I'll add this here...

Please consider making it so scuttled ships in Feluccan waters lose their fishing quest containers, or the contents scatter inside the ships hold, the way dying causes this to happen with trader quests. Risk vs Reward, especially on a shard like Siege. I should be able to scuttle these ships and gather up the spoils, they shouldn't be protected. It's bad enough players get free gates to their ships with 0 magery. @Kyronix ; can you consider this please ? thank you

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    popps said:
    Also # 7 just came up to my mind.....

7) - Is it possible, please, to make the Baits "stack" with one another and, also, the small mess of fish also stack with one another of the various kind ?

Thanks !

The baits don't stack , you combine them..dbl click one, target the other.

• The baits are stackable if you combine them bu double clicking and targetting another of the same kind. But then every bait comes in normal smelly and extra smelly and thoose three cant be combined with eachother. Even this could be simplified by removing the smelly kinds and get the normal ones to actually work.  How about having fewer types , like Dungeon fish bait , Lost land fish bait,  Nothern water fish bait etc with a chance of several types for the same waters? Just a thought.. 

About Charybdis bait. I was a crazy fisher in the beginning and lasted for longer than most on my shard. I got several 120 scrolls and combined to a couple more. I got three Oracles and ONE bait ..ever! Its so rare its not possible to get any  statistics I believe.
    Has an Oracle...:-)...since @ Kyronix  only wants cannon thoughts on the other thread, I'll add this here...

Please consider making it so scuttled ships in Feluccan waters lose their fishing quest containers, or the contents scatter inside the ships hold, the way dying causes this to happen with trader quests. Risk vs Reward, especially on a shard like Siege. I should be able to scuttle these ships and gather up the spoils, they shouldn't be protected. It's bad enough players get free gates to their ships with 0 magery. @ Kyronix  can you consider this please ? thank you
    "Please consider making it so scuttled ships in Feluccan waters lose their fishing quest containers, or the contents scatter inside the ships hold, the way dying causes this to happen with trader quests."

By the way, is there a "difference" about how the Fishing Quests rewards engine handles Order crates and rewards granted regarding doing them in Trammel OR Felucca ?

That is, is there a tangible, substantial difference whether one does them in Felucca or in Trammel or is it just the same, with no difference in better Order crates nor better rewards to be received ?
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,339
    Another one for the wish list:
    I sailed by map from Brit to Sea Market, now I have to sail back again.  I wish I could tell the tillerman to 'reverse course' and sail the map markers in reverse order. Not the first time I've wished it, by a very long way.
    Well a # 8 came up my mind...

8) - LIGHTHOUSE. Please, fix the supposed capacity of a Lighthouse to refresh a Ship should one forget about it.... thanks !
    popps said:

8) - LIGHTHOUSE. Please, fix the supposed capacity of a Lighthouse to refresh a Ship should one forget about it.... thanks !
    If they cannot fix the bug for the disappearing ship, why not make the ship non-decay as long as it is attached to a lighthouse. So the lighthouse would have a menu to select which ship it is linked to. One light house may say link to 2 or 3 ships? 

If so, we won't have to worry about ships not saved.
    9) - Fish Monger Quests Crates to ALSO indicate from which Town they were issued.

As of now, the tag only mentions to what Town they are addressed to so, unless one remembers it, which after days might not be the case, it is not possible to know which Town issued the Order.

I think it would be beneficial to also be able to have the information about which Town issued the Quest Order.
    Seth said:
    popps said:

If they cannot fix the bug for the disappearing ship, why not make the ship non-decay as long as it is attached to a lighthouse. So the lighthouse would have a menu to select which ship it is linked to. One light house may say link to 2 or 3 ships? 

But then we have to worry about tons of ships all over never decaying, no, we need ship decay.

Seth said:
    popps said:

But then we have to worry about tons of ships all over never decaying, no, we need ship decay.
    Then WHY the Lighthouse with that capacity to prevent Ships' Decay was implemented ?
    Because without a lighthouse, your ship decays into oblivion..with it (those who got one and when they work correctly) your ship decays into your moving crate.

edited January 2019
    Seth said:
    popps said:

Understood and true, I thought about this too. However, if they cannot solve the bug or provide a tracker to validate claims of missing ship, this alternative serves the design intent and avoid the existing lighthouse bug. The ship exists as do a house exist as long as it is paid. What if allow only one lighthouse per account?

They just need to put into zones like the sea market to kick ships out if they are over staying e.g. a dock.
    edited January 2019
    weird repost...disregard

• Wow is all I can say....  all I want is the UOAM to work …  on my new comp.... if they see this list they might run and hide under the covers.
    # 10) - Please, give some practical use to the Order of the Dragonfish Handbooks (Volumes 1 to 6). As of now, there are of no practical use since the location of fish, crabs and lobsters can easily be found over the internet...

At least, make them able to be turned in for points at the Library or towards Clean Up Britannia....
    # 11) - Please fix stacked Baits....

What about them ?

I understand that if same baits are stacked with one another they cannot then be separated from the stack any longer. This should not be as there could be many cases where a player might want to make a smaller chunk to sell, give to a friend or carry along in a dangerous place to fish...
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,679

popps said:
    # 11) - Please fix stacked Baits....

What about them ?

I understand that if same baits are stacked with one another they cannot then be separated from the stack any longer. This should not be as there could be many cases where a player might want to make a smaller chunk to sell, give to a friend or carry along in a dangerous place to fish...
    I would really like this... our shard used to do monthly fishing contests and I would loan out my bait to help out fellow guild members... would be nice to be able to just give them a set amount & not have to worry if they will return it before the month is over.