Considering the difficulty in finding a Group, can we please have the Exodus KEYS no longer timed ?

poppspopps Posts: 3,904
edited January 2019 in General Discussions
Is it possible to ask a plea to @Mesanna and @Kyronix ?

Aside from Atlantic, the scarcity of players and possibly also of interest being an older spawn, has made it very difficult to find a group to hunt Exodus.

Yet, that I know of, it is the only one place where a player can get the Scrolls of Commendation [Replica] which, ESPECIALLY for returning players lacking them, are quite important if they want to have their characters "catch up"....

YET, since the keys to trigger Exodus have a timer, with the increased difficulty of finding a Group to hunt it together, the likeliness of the keys timer to expire BEFORE finding a Group to do it are too high...

Could it be possible then, to kindly ask to disable the timer on these keys and in general on all the keys needed to trigger a spawn considered the increased difficulty to assemble a group ?

It would help, also, if these Scrolls of Commendation [Replica] could perhaps be added to also some other Spawn which a player alone could reasonably handle, even though with difficulties...

Thank you !

Comments

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Try using Gen Chat during prime time to get some help also you may want to post in the shard forum what you want to see if there are others wanting to play with you.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,904
    Bilbo said:
    Try using Gen Chat during prime time to get some help also you may want to post in the shard forum what you want to see if there are others wanting to play with you.
    That is what I tried so far (General Chat) but I reckon that most players already have these scrolls and have no interest in doing that spawn...

I will try also the Shard forum but nonetheless, since it is a realistic finding that putting together a group these days is more difficult, I see these "timed" keys as a nonsense nowadays...

They may have had a reason to be timed back in the days when more players were on the Shard but now ?

I frankly do not see a reason to have keys with a timer any longer, the risk of having the work  and time to gather them go wasted because one cannot find other players to do that particular Hunt BEFORE the keys expire, is too high...
  • Max_BlackoakMax_Blackoak Posts: 620
    edited January 2019
    while older content, Exodus is still popular. It has good loot and the karma boost you get when you enter the encounter alone makes it desireable for chivalry users (especially PvPers with chiv who need to increase karma quite often). should really not be too hard to find someone as long as you can provide two sets of keys (one for you, one for the other person)

That being said I wouldn't mind if they did away with the timer on peerless keys. They could even make the keys vendorable.
  • DizzyDizzy Posts: 78
    I'd like to get rid of all timers, including those valorite maps and smelting bod rewards.

I play 20 minutes a day.  I just don't attempt anything with a timer.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    I’m pretty sure exodus gets done regularly. I have done it a few times before. Quite good loot.

What you’re asking for would ruin the game. This is a duplicate thread: https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/8153/#Comment_8153
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Pfft how would it 'ruin' the game, what absolute twaddle.

Taking the timers off peerless and exodus keys would allow people to farm the keys when they had time or waiting for friends to log in, not worrying about if they would 'expire' before getting a group together.  I often get exodus keys only to have them expire before I could 'use' em as you were after a full set of keys for say 4 people to go in and by the time you get them 2 people had to log and then you spend the next day trying for the remainder only to find the people again are not available. Then you put em in a chest and promptly forget them as the group you were gonna do em with may not get together for another week or so.

If you could just farm the keys and store em then whenever you had a group looking to do something you could just go ok what are we gonna 'do' today, how about exodus, or grizzle or whatever you had keys for. 

Yes they did extend them to 6 days but why bother with that , why on earth didn't they just remove the timers?  Nuts. 

They should have no timers and be vendorable.   If I farm keys for exodus and end up with a bunch of robes spare why not let me stick em on a vendor?  A lot of times you are looking for a group event but don't have an hour or more to collect keys prior to going,  especially exodus and prism of light, collecting the keys for them generally takes MUCH longer than doing the boss.

If you always had keys available these encounters would get done a LOT more. Once a 'keyed' event has been in game for 12 months timers should automatically be removed for this older content.  You still have to 'get' the keys, it is not like no one has to do that part, just people who have more time can gather to be 'prepared' for when others want to go.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • or even better: get rid of all instanced or semi instanced encounters and make them all accessable by anyone all the time - especially on Siege Perilous this would really fit the idea of the shard... instanced and semi instanced should have never made it there :-/
    I think you’ll enjoy test shard. You can say “give arties” as that’s essentially what you’re requesting. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

If anything the timers are too long, they should be 24 hours tops.

My logic is, currently one sad unit will obtain all the keys and get a group together later in the week. If they drastically shorten the timer, people will be more likely to get the keys in a group then do the boss right after, thus encouraging team play. 

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    when my guild does this as an event, we gather keys in an hours time & there are so many who will do it that it takes us three days to be able to hold this event... takes too long to gather the needed keys as is... however when we do this event, we usually go in at least twice.

usually some of the pieces go poof, cause we didn't get enough of the parts to complete a set...
  • Max_BlackoakMax_Blackoak Posts: 620
    edited January 2019
    Mervyn said:
    I think you’ll enjoy test shard. You can say “give arties” as that’s essentially what you’re requesting. 
    you have no clue what I am talking about Mervyn, That's alright though, you're a prodo player after all and won't understand how instanced and semi instanced encounters are basically counterintuitive towards the entire concept of a no-trammel shard with non-consensual PvP enabled at all times.
    I am not asking for handouts, what I am asking for is to remove safe zones for farming. If anything this will make it more challenging to actually get those artifacts and will encourage group play simply because of the raid risk involved.
    Again, I can't expect you to understand that from your prodo-perspective.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    How outstanding that someone here wants even more restrictions placed on wanted/needed items so he/his guild can control more items because he has stated that he has no problem getting everything in UO.  
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,904
    edited January 2019
    Mervyn said:
    I’m pretty sure exodus gets done regularly. I have done it a few times before. Quite good loot.

What you’re asking for would ruin the game. This is a duplicate thread: https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/8153/#Comment_8153
    That Thread dates May of LAST Year.... that's almost another Year gone and.... perhaps.... less players around on Shards with whom to try to team up and go do Exodus or other Peerless ?

So I am sorry but NO, this is NOT a duplicate of that Thread request but a legittimate renovation of such a sensible and reasonable thing to do,at least to my viewing and opinion, considering how the circumstances which asked for timed keys have CHANGED over the years.....
    The only thing that has changed in a year is there are more bugs now. I don’t think that affects peerless timers. 

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Dizzy said:
    I'd like to get rid of all timers, including those valorite maps and smelting bod rewards.

I play 20 minutes a day.  I just don't attempt anything with a timer.
    Agreed, they should get rid of all timers. 

Scarcity of players and getting a group at the same time to do exactly the same thing is getting tough.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    I'm for getting rid of key timers for all keys.    That alone would allow people to sell keys on vendors, for people that dislike farming the keys.

However, it'll take a lot more than that for the content to be relevant to most players again, I'm referring to much more than Exodus.  -So many rewards need to be revamped/updated it's ridiculous.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • IkeeluIkeelu Posts: 134
    Remove the timers and say goodbye to being able to farm keys. Some gold seller will always be nabbing up what you need and controlling the market. Keep in mind you can’t farm this stuff just anywhere and you cant PK these people. Then oh dang... price of a key becomes a few mil, crimmy and slither become way overpriced... and all of a sudden the peerless are the same as powerscrolls with the few controlling the acess to the many. So be happy there are timers, most content can be solo’d (one account). The minimum stat cap is nice to have at 260 but not game breaking or content limiting if you cant get a scroll of commendation.  The only thing I would suggest is to let single player initiate without a group. If you can solo it then you should be able to do so. 
    esdxWhere is the bank? 
  • Removing timers won't cause scripters to farm them 24/7. The demand isn't there. There's really no reason to still have timers on them.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited January 2019
    If the timer is removed and keys can be bought but are too expensive... then just do it yourself.

Buying from someone else is always expensive, e.g. Paroxymus Dragons are already selling like 65 million (minimum) at this time, I have been tracking this for 1-2 weeks. I won't even bother to buy this now.

Ancient SOS is selling at less than or about 1mil, but the rare reward from the Osiredon's Small Soulforge is selling 110million. (SOS is less than 1%) Somehow, the sellers know its not possible to sell the Ancient SOS too high because it is very rare to get the small soulforge, Slither, or Paroxysmus. Go ahead and sell too high, then buyers will go away and do it themselves.

Everything in the game is the same. You can try to spend hours fishing for the Ancient SOS or just buy one from others at the right time. Vendor prices are sometimes like the stock market, sometimes you might find someone selling stuff that are too high or too low.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs