An unfairness towards Crafting skills of ALACRITY Scroll ?

As it is known, Alacrity Scrolls are timed at 15 minutes.

While there is skills that can use those 15 minutes fully, Crafting Skills, instead, have DOWN times which get the user waste PRECIOUS Alacrity time in between unloading one's own backpack and loading up the needed resources for working the training skill up.

Not to mention, also the down time necessary to load up or craft more tools when they break up...

All time MUCH precious that gets wasted because the Alacrity bonus in not used.

Shouldn't therefore, I ask @Kyronix and @Mesanna , Alacrity Scrolls for Crafting Skills be LONGER timed as compared to Alacrity Scrolls for other skills ?

Comments

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,336
    There are also skills other than crafting skills that cannot fully take advantage of the 15 minutes. I don't see a possibility of altering them.  As an example, bards have a delay before they can begin their next barding attempt, taming attempts take some time to actually process. 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,929
    There are also skills other than crafting skills that cannot fully take advantage of the 15 minutes. I don't see a possibility of altering them.  As an example, bards have a delay before they can begin their next barding attempt, taming attempts take some time to actually process. 
    I had not thought of Bards.... but why couldn't Crafting and Barding Skills get their Alacrity Scrolls lasting longer due to these down times that they have ?

I mean, why couldn't the Random Generator FIRST pick a Skill and THEN, depending on the Skill selected, allocate the given time whether regular or longer if that Skil is a Crafting or Bardic Skill ?

I do not see why this could not be done...
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Which crafting skills are you using Alacrity Scrolls to train with?  
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    The only 1 i would would be imbueing... get it to about 75, then 2 -3 alacrity scrolls. And start burning gear. You can get to 120 fast just by breaking it down that way.
    Bilbo said:
    Which crafting skills are you using Alacrity Scrolls to train with?  
    Carpentry and it is a pain with the down times to unload the backpack of all the crafted stuff, load up materials needed for the crafting AND on top of all that also have to deal with tools breaking and the need to get/make more....

It is all very precious seconds ADDING UP and becoming minutes thus wasting all for nothing a good chunk of those 15 minutes that an Alacrity Scroll comes with....

As I see it, it is not fair towards Crafting skills and Bardic skills suffering from these downtimes...
    Pre-make enough tools to last you a day, place wood in a bag in your pack totaling 400 stone, place 4 tools in your pack, open menu and select what you want made and hit make max and while things are being made keep replacing wood in bag as need to keep making what ever it is you are making, when a tool wears out use another.  You do understand that using these scroll esp for Carp is a waste of gold, buy wood or better yet go chop your own.
    Bilbo said:
    Pre-make enough tools to last you a day, place wood in a bag in your pack totaling 400 stone, place 4 tools in your pack, open menu and select what you want made and hit make max and while things are being made keep replacing wood in bag as need to keep making what ever it is you are making, when a tool wears out use another.  You do understand that using these scroll esp for Carp is a waste of gold, buy wood or better yet go chop your own.

What you describe is what I did and, yet, in between all movements for doing this or that STILL minutes got wasted in total...

It might be a waste to use Carpentry Alacrity scrolls but they do exist and spawn, so why could they not spawn with a longer timer more reasonable with how Crafting and Barding skills have to be used, with downtimes ?
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,336
    Stand next to a secure, in the secure place several tools and several bags, in each bag put as many boards as you can reasonably hold.
    Put one bag in your back pack, start the scroll, craft the item required for your skill level, the items will be crafted in the same bag.
    When the bag is full, or you run out of boards, or you reach your weight limit (depending on what you're crafting) dump the bag, get the next bag out of the secure, continue.
    LOL Just because something exists doesn't mean you have to use it or better yet whining about something you get for free is priceless.
  • TimTim Posts: 796
    edited January 2019
    Stand next to a secure, in the secure place several tools and several bags, in each bag put as many boards as you can reasonably hold.
    Put one bag in your back pack, start the scroll, craft the item required for your skill level, the items will be crafted in the same bag.
    When the bag is full, or you run out of boards, or you reach your weight limit (depending on what you're crafting) dump the bag, get the next bag out of the secure, continue.
    Another method if using EC is to set up "Agents" to automate it even more. Restock to keep raw materials loaded and organize to move finished items to trash or some other container. If you haven't tried them they will work without interfering with the tool on "make max". 
    The vet reward work stations help a lot too with 5,000 charges. (carpentry is "spinning Lathe")
  • BasaraBasara Posts: 163
    In my experience the Crafting skills are perhaps the second most-efficient in terms of optimal use of Alacrities; especially if you are due for a guaranteed gain from a day or more of inactivity. Only spellcasting skills where you have a spell to cast with a high gain chance are more efficient. 
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Popps are you seriously complaining about the amount of work you have to do in a "15 minute time period" ?
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    Popps are you seriously complaining about the amount of work you have to do in a "15 minute time period" ?
    Not the work, but the "down" wasted time which reduces significantly the effectiveness of the Alacrity Scrolls for Crafting and Barding skills as compared to other skills.
    edited January 2019
    It really sounds like you wait till after you consume the scroll to even bother to get ready to train the skill, it is called getting prepared before you eat it.  It also sounds like you think you should be able to hold everything in your backpack to allow you to do whatever for 15 min.  First you must understand the limits of your char and once you understand the limits then you need to stage your work area in preparation for the task.  These scrolls have been around for a long time and to you are the first person I have heard complaining about them.  Training a Carp is one of the easiest skills to train and the new crafting gump is a great with make max.  This forum is really gonna blow up when you get to using tailor and smith scroll but it will really go over the deep end when you eat an imbuing scroll.  Maybe you should learn to train the skill before you try using ASs.  I am not sure if we have any training skill pages here but I do know that Stratics has a ton of them esp the Crafting ones, maybe you should go find them and read them first.
  • Bilbo said:
    . . .but it will really go over the deep end when you eat an imbuing scroll. 
    Imbuing is one of the easiest and most efficient skills to train with an alacrity. you get an alacrity and eat it, smelt a bag of major magic and above items and unravel them and immediately log off.  Take another character to go fill up more bags of loot, log onto your imbuer and unravel them, then immediately log off again. rinse and repeat until the alacrity times out. i went from 98.7 to 110.3 with one alacrity. works on Siege, Prodo, whatever shard you want to use it on. logging the character out stops the timer unless you are under combat timer.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

BUT BUT BUT you mean I have to log off and log in another char to get more stuff OMG HOW UNFAIR that I have to go through all those steps, why can't I just unravel the same thing for 15 min and get 5 points every time, it is so unfair.