Something quite wrong with Miner's Valorite Maps?

These are either the 2nd best BOD Reward for Tinkers (1,100 points) or a Covetous Void Pool reward Map which can be obtained from Vela, the Sorceress in Cove, for 2,000 Reward Points.

It generates valorite ore when mining with it in one's own backpack.
Yet, using a Gargoyle Pickaxe does not create Valorite Elementals for more valorite Ore with their loot NOR it generated double Ore when used in Felucca.

Bottom line is, with smelting failures for Valorite Ore into ingots, it generates way too few Valorite ingots considering the high points needed to get it...

It is much more efficient, to my viewing, the alternative of spending sometime down Blackthorn's to get around 60,000 Golden ingots (and, in the process, if one gets lucky also get some minax artifacts...).

Then for 2600 points (600 points more than the Miner's Val Map), one can get 4 golden caldrons, two agapite caldrons, one verite caldron and convert those 60,000 Golden ingots into some 2,000 Valorite ingots without losing a single ingot to smelting as it would happen if using the Miner's Valorite Map to get Valorite Ore....

I think that something needs to be done with these Miner's Maps, the points to get them need to be reduced, their lifetime be significantly increased, have them yield Ore Elementals when using a Gargoyles' Pickaxe and produce double the Ore when used in Felucca.

But as they are, to my viewing, they are simply not worth the hassle....

@Kyronix any comments, please ?

Comments

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,347
    Very strange, in my experience you do get more ore in Fel when using Vela's maps - though I always I ensure to have enough points to also claim the matching smelting talisman to prevent loss of the valuable ore.
  • If you get the map in Trammel, It will only produce single ore in Fel. Gar Picks do not work with maps
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,945
    Red_Cloud said:
    If you get the map in Trammel, It will only produce single ore in Fel. Gar Picks do not work with maps
    While if the Map is asked as Reward in Felucca then it will yield double as it should be for Felucca's Ore ?

Has this been confirmed ?
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,347
    Red_Cloud said:
    If you get the map in Trammel, It will only produce single ore in Fel. Gar Picks do not work with maps
    Thanks for that Red_Cloud. I always claimed my maps in Felucca, since that was the facet I planned to mine on.
  • BasaraBasara Posts: 163
    My experience is that claiming the maps in Fel does not change the ore yield, it only makes mining the spot faster at best if you get 2 ore per swing - if it doesn't end up giving 1 ore per swing.

Similarly, the human's 10% chance of a bonus ore, if it occurs with the map, counts against the map output as well.