To EM Tycho

MissEMissE Posts: 776
edited December 2018 in Oceania
Appreciate the things you are doing for Oceania.  I notice today you said in help chat there were no attendee's at the council meeting. I am the new Gov of Vesper.

Sadly I didn't know it was on, this forum has way to many posts so wherever it may of been announced is lost, even now I don't want to wade through the top 20 posts looking for it. When I hit news on sherry the mouse all i get these days is the pop up newspaper, it doesn't appear as if the em's can add messages there any more?

To that end

Can we have ONE thread by you re em events for each month stickied so that it doesn t drop down the forum? I see you had a december post but due to it not being stickied it had slipped way down until you had posted in it after the failed event.

Also, I know when you are gonna do an event you are only using general chat.  This is fine accept for the fact that this shard for some reason operates in Help Chat. Could I ask that you make ONE announcement in HELP chat when something is on before you move over to general chat? That would also ensure better attendance and at least that way those of us online can at least know something is going on if we haven't remembered to check the forum each day. 

I actually check the forums nearly daily if not more but I know a LOT of people never check them unless told to for some reason.

Anyways things to possibly think about.

Cheers Misse

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum

Comments

• EM TychoEM Tycho Posts: 78Event Moderator
    edited December 2018
    Thank you for the note.

I provide a single monthly event post already, as you are requesting. Here was December's (which is the second post in the forum, under yours):

I also drop into Help Chat before events to round up stragglers and remind them of the approaching events, tonight I did so twice. Generally, I provide reminders at the 1 hour, 45 minute, 30 minute, 15 minute, 10 minute and 5 minute mark. I believe the Help check tonight was at the 1 hour and 15 minute marks, but all of the above occurred in General Chat as well.

I place gates between 30 minutes and 15 minutes before each event.

All events get a gate between the event column at Luna stable, as I did tonight.

I expect the holidays have a lot of folks indisposed.

EMs do have the use of Sherry / Town Cryers, but I forgot to add it this month. I make heavy use of this forum and the in-game chat.

We will roll up the Luna contest into next month's RC.

Thanks,

-- EM Tycho

• MissEMissE Posts: 776
    EM Tycho said:
    Thank you for the note.

I provide a single monthly event post already, as you are requesting. Here was December's (which is the second post in the forum, under yours):

I also drop into Help Chat before events to round up stragglers and remind them of the approaching events, tonight I did so twice. Generally, I provide reminders at the 1 hour, 45 minute, 30 minute, 15 minute, 10 minute and 5 minute mark. I believe the Help check tonight was at the 1 hour and 15 minute marks, but all of the above occurred in General Chat as well.

I place gates between 30 minutes and 15 minutes before each event.

All events get a gate between the event column at Luna stable, as I did tonight.

I expect the holidays have a lot of folks indisposed.

EMs do have the use of Sherry / Town Cryers, but I forgot to add it this month. I make heavy use of this forum and the in-game chat.

We will roll up the Luna contest into next month's RC.

Thanks,

-- EM Tycho

Yes I saw the december post after you posted in it with your comment re noone showing up for the gov meeting.  When you said that in chat I came to the forum to find the original post and it wasn't in the top 10 or more listed on the forum, it bumped back to the top when you posted in the thread. 

I think you should sticky the months thread so it always remains at the top, rather than let it sink down so that it is easy to find. Not sure how far down it was when you posted in it but it certainly wasn't anywhere near the top as I actually came to look for it and didn't see it, although not saying I didn't miss it if it was near the top, just wasn't obvious. 

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum