BUGGED UBW MAGE WEAPON BOWS

2»

Comments

• PaithanPaithan Posts: 120
    You need both properties on the bow and a lot of skill. The bows stopped spawning. Like I said. It’s a combination. I am not going to link to a page I wrote on it.
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    edited January 2019
    confirmed.

UBWS is working on those bows for swords. I did not check other melee skills.

But not with -magery for my mage who has no weapon skills.

So the fault is lying with the UBWS somehow working on bows for melee.
    The -magery has no bearing.

If the char has both swords and magery, albeit odd, but the bow would work due to the swords, not the -magery.

The true test would be to see if an archer can use a swords. and that answer is......... no. It is not reciprocated. I took my archer and bought a UBWS swords required weapon and I could not activate the specials. (and yes she has enough tactics and archery)
    I don’t think you read this thread or understand how/why it works. 
    I did read it. I also have not been able to go to test center since it is down so that I could replicate it. I do know that UBWS should not work for bows. now granted magery is not a weapon skill, so it should not work at all. But for me, since I CAN use swords to use a bow and do a riding swipe with no archery, to me that is what I considered confirmed.

I did it the other way around, to test to see if I could get it to work and I could not.

so I did the one thing I could, test the -magery itself with a bow and I could not.

So until I can go to test and test further, this is as far as I can go.

Again....

***Confirmed that the UBWS that SHOULD NOT be working for swords to do specials WITH A BOW***

Am I missing something else about that part? Do you find that statement false?

If they fix that part, then the -magery (for the UBWS ) would be fixed.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 904
    ubw Bows always 'worked' for melee as far as allowing you to toggle/use specials, but you miss 95% of the time because your melee's "hit chance" doesn't carry over with UBW on ranged weapons, that was the "fix" the devs had applied at the time.

-20 Mage weapon overrides the 'hit chance' provided by the weapon skill.

Side note:  Mystic Weapon (Mysticism Mastery) overrides the hit-chance portion as well.

I wouldn't consider this much of a bug though, these items certainly aren't nearly as powerful as pre-patched double hit-spell weapons that still exist.   -old news tbh.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    Fair enough @CovenantX That makes sense, but still should not be able to do it as even that chance is something. In reality, anyone can pick up a weapon off of the battle field and attempt to use it. But specials should require "real skill" for sure.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 904
    Gidge said:
    Fair enough @ CovenantX That makes sense, but still should not be able to do it as even that chance is something. In reality, anyone can pick up a weapon off of the battle field and attempt to use it. But specials should require "real skill" for sure.
      They do require real skill just like any other ubw weapon.

- Mage Weapon is the thing that makes these items hit, while the UBW allows the specials to be toggled on/off, because of the hit chance from Magery overrides the hit chance from 'swordsmanship' as described in the OP.  - that's the bug.     you still need 90 weapon skill & 60 tactics to perform the specials with it.

Even then, in order for someone to really build around an item like this, It means they would have had to find a UBW bow, which spawned like ~10 years ago, that has only 1-2 properties (one being ubw obviously) and the item could not have been enhanced prior to the release of SA So that the user could even imbue the properties that make it work   - Mage weapon and Spell Channeling.    most of these items were also non-exceptional as well.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    Wow someone that understands why it works.  Color me shocked.
  • LynkLynk Posts: 186
    edited January 2019
    So Paith and Randy are saying, "You dont understand mechanics", right?  Their argument is, UBWS allows you to toggle special, mage weapon allows for your hit chance capabilities. 

So you have a weapon skill, UBWS Mage Weapon bow you can toggle specs AND get hit chance.

Ok so if this was intended, I should be able to have Archery and a UBWS / Mage weap melee weapon and be the same.  Right?  If it was intended that would be the case?  It's not.  

If you have archery, and equip a UBWS melee weapon, you can't toggle specials. Here is a screen shot.  I have 120 archery, 100 tactics.  The weapon is UBWS, and I tried to toggle the primary special.  It would not let me. 

It is a bug, it is not intended, and it needs to be fixed.

• LynkLynk Posts: 186
    Why would a UBWS Bow give me the ability to toggle specials when I have a weapons skill, but NOT allow me to toggle specials with a UBWS weapon when I have archery skill?

If it was intended it would work both ways.  Oversight, bug.

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,986Moderator
    Some personal attacks have been deleted. I believe this bug has now been fully explained further discussion is not needed.
  • Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 270
    While I would argue my initial post comparing the bows to inviso items & teleport rings was in no way a personal attack but indeed fact, I will thank you for an official moderator’s acknowledgment that this is indeed a bug. 
    Mariah said:
    I believe this bug has now been fully explained...

This discussion has been closed.