Could Devs please make updated Castle and Keep?

Can we just get the Devs themselves to make an updated, 4-story version of Castle and Keeps? Knock out the wasted space, leave a courtyard area for a castle if you'd like; have one set of stairs per floor (maybe two sets for castles), and make them essentially the same version of what we have but 4 stories and less wasted space within the home.  I personally love the layout of a traditional Tower.  It's simple, easy to maneuver around, etc...so make something like that style within the confines of a castle and keep.

I get it...they are simply too big for customizable "plots" due to server constraints.  And I understand we want to allow for some larger homes to have a different look than what Castles and Keeps have forever looked like.  But how can I, with my two accounts and belonging to a dead guild, compete with others who have many more accounts and possibly friends that have homes they like but will vote for a guildmate or friend?

I know that I'm probably too particular...but the Traditional Keep is just a wide open floor plan with no rooms.  So if I want to make rooms, that defeats the purpose/reasoning of "No 30 x 30 customizable plots because of server constraints". And I'll allow that I may even be so particular that I wouldn't like what the Devs make...but it just doesn't seem that hard to do like I said above: 4 stories, less wasted space, and not isolate each corner of the building such that the only way to access it is by a set stairs in each of the 4 corners.

I want to like the "Traditional Keep"...have a nice 4 story and be done...but seriously...no rooms??

It's just frustrating.

I'm sorry to be the downer.  I know it's a big step to get to the point we're at now.  And I appreciate giving some control to the players...I just wanted an option of almost exactly what we have (except 4-stories and less wasted space...and I humbly apologize for saying that over and over and over in this post).

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.  I'll go back to my old 2-story keep now and stop complaining.

Comments

• BilboBilbo Posts: 958
    You are not alone on this request @devetts.  A lot of players over the years starting when AoS and customization came out have asked for this.  There was even a time when the Devs requested designs form the players but nothing came of it.  Stratics still has a lot of the designs in a thread from way back in the day.  A basic Castle/Keep will never get picked because nobody care about function.
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 283
    It's not for want of asking it's for want of them actually doing it. Would have saved themselves a lot of work, but it never happened.
  • As I stated before. Needing votes make we cant build a place just as we want ourselves. We just dont get enough votes as we all think different and play different. All voters doesnt live in a castle or keep and care much about the problems. They vote for friends or something pretty.  I know im not the only one that compromise with what I need and what might get votes. So far I dont do well with votes and my places look less and less as I want them ..oh well , maybe one day .. :p