Trade quest rewards

@Kyronix ; can these be revisited and balanced a little better ? While 100 bloodwood boards is not fantastic, its a decent payoff for delivering a trade container, but 6 enchanted essence...really ? 6 ? 10 at least would make a little more sense, but how did the number 6 get introduced ? It seems like a code typo.
You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.

Comments

• BasaraBasara Posts: 163
    The imbuing ingredients are extremely low compared to what they should be - especially the ones that are also alchemy ingredients (parasitic plant, luminous fungi). they should be at WORST half what the wood/ingot/stone payouts are. The only things that should be that lowballed are things that aren't even offered - stuff like taint, etc. - and you got real generous with those during Khaldun for the detect and puzzle box crowd.
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Do the new spawn with the ambushers have any 'special' items drop on em or are they a waste of time killing?  And if this Krampus guy spawns somewhere , how do you know?  Sorry been out of the loop, read the wiki but it seems the only drops are from krampus?

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    People who are on a trade run at the time that Krampus spawns get a message personally. They cannot complete their trade run until Krampus is dead, and no one else can start one. (Krampus does de-spawn after a while tho in case no one wants to kill him. Dunno the timer.) The Trade Minister NPCs also spam the exact co-ords to anyone who walks up to them. I have not seen any new drops on the ambush spawn, but that does not mean there are none. The Frost Drake is festive colors, and is tamable. The Krampus Minions, that spawn during the fight with Krampus, drop candy canes which I think are adorable. The Krampus rewards are pack drops. I have not seen any interesting corpse drops but, again, that does not mean there are none.

Happy hunting!
    So there is no point in killing the ambushers (what  a waste of effort that has been then) and what happens if you are in between trade runs, assuming you have done three, and hand one in but before taking another krampus spawns somewhere, will you still get a message or are we now supposed to be tied to a damn trade run where we cant recall or gate on the off chance it spawns?  And could spend all day doing trade runs but just not have one active when the thing spawns and miss out completely?

I can see this being the most hopeless waste of time, I have been running trade routes all afternoon and seen bugger all anything.

Sorry just trying to get my head around the process here, I read the wiki but it is pretty  unclear.

Cheers MissE

• TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    Correction, you can turn in the current trade deal it seems. I was just cancelling mine and trashing the contents. The city that gave the trade order benefits when you kill the ambushers. If you do not care about that, ok, just run past them. And yes, you could do trade runs all day (and keep in mind you can NOT use moongates for it to count towards Krampus) and if you are offline when some one does the one that triggers it then you will miss out on that one Krampus. Other times, you can log in and there is one already active without you doing a single run.

This is a community event.
    So my question is @Kyronix ;
    If I have done 3+ trade runs, and the spawn is at lower level say Ice trolls etc, and I go and do something else so don't have a current trade order ON MY CHAR will I still get the message that Krampus has spawned given I have completed trade runs in the 'round' so to speak.  Or do you have to be tied to having an order ON YOU to get the message?

Cheers MissE

MissE said:
    So my question is @ Kyronix 
    If I have done 3+ trade runs, and the spawn is at lower level say Ice trolls etc, and I go and do something else so don't have a current trade order ON MY CHAR will I still get the message that Krampus has spawned given I have completed trade runs in the 'round' so to speak.  Or do you have to be tied to having an order ON YOU to get the message?
    Well to answer my own question, if you don't have a current box on you when it spawns you dont get the message irrespective of if you have done a dozen or more trade routes for the round which totally sucks. I guess you need to check the minister for trade but unless you know to check it every min or so you won't know.

Cheers MissE

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,176
    I just did my first Krampus last night...after reading and re-reading the patch notes and reading what other people have posted elsewhere, it seems that if you don't kill Krampus and you have done NON moongate trade runs, they will still count towards your reward pool until you kill him. Once you do, your trade count will re-set so even if you've done runs and you miss him, you're still going to be guaranteed a drop as long as you've done the 3 runs. (As far as I can tell by reading the patch notes)  All of us were on a trade when he spawned last night....thankfully I was fairly close to his location so I was able to run to where he was (He spawned just West of Brit at the Brit/Yew/Skara crossroads and I was on my way to Yew to turn in an order) I got the message that he had spawned. Killing ambushers gives credit for the city you are on a run for and I always loot the gold to make up for the stuff I buy to fill the orders. 

The rewards are decent...though the longest run I did was from Skara to Minoc...on foot...that's a HAUL! I got a  .1 archery pink :/ lol but I did get a lot of other good ones, 196 valorite granite! Which was nice and some spined leather and 96 Yew boards and some book.

The encounter itself was soo fun! I tamed a frost drake and got lots of candy canes off the minion corpses which are worth 2500 turn-in points each! AND I got a gold branch in my Krampus Coin purse which is cool. 

The rewards, at least for me, are really good...can you imagine how long it would take to get 196 valorite granite?  I'd much rather do trades!

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,076
    Larisa said:
    I just did my first Krampus last night...after reading and re-reading the patch notes and reading what other people have posted elsewhere, it seems that if you don't kill Krampus and you have done NON moongate trade runs, they will still count towards your reward pool until you kill him. Once you do, your trade count will re-set so even if you've done runs and you miss him, you're still going to be guaranteed a drop as long as you've done the 3 runs. (As far as I can tell by reading the patch notes)  All of us were on a trade when he spawned last night....thankfully I was fairly close to his location so I was able to run to where he was (He spawned just West of Brit at the Brit/Yew/Skara crossroads and I was on my way to Yew to turn in an order) I got the message that he had spawned. Killing ambushers gives credit for the city you are on a run for and I always loot the gold to make up for the stuff I buy to fill the orders. 

The rewards are decent...though the longest run I did was from Skara to Minoc...on foot...that's a HAUL! I got a  .1 archery pink :/ lol but I did get a lot of other good ones, 196 valorite granite! Which was nice and some spined leather and 96 Yew boards and some book.

The encounter itself was soo fun! I tamed a frost drake and got lots of candy canes off the minion corpses which are worth 2500 turn-in points each! AND I got a gold branch in my Krampus Coin purse which is cool. 

The rewards, at least for me, are really good...can you imagine how long it would take to get 196 valorite granite?  I'd much rather do trades!

Lots of nice players on LS start in Minoc.  We need the funds!
    Minoc to Vesper is sweet.

Cancel Moonglow and Magencia and use a mount instead of foot.
    Need a boat for Skara and Jhelom or cancel.

Minoc to trinsic becomes closer and closer the more you do it.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.