Spellweaving Scrolls - Returning Player

Hi ! I've just returned to UO after quite a long time. (I left before ML expansion).

I'm trying to catch up on some interesting new skills, one of which is spellweaving. I've read that spellweaving scrolls drop off ML mobs, but I haven't see any drop in 3 days of hunting.

Are there specific mobs that drop them ? (I'm afraid I'm not strong enough to take on peerless bosses yet).

Thanks !

Comments

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,257
    edited November 2018

One of your best bets is Miasma.

It does drop them, drop rate is low, 1 every 50 lets say, Miasma seems hard at first, but once you've designed a character for it, it gets easier to farm.

I believe Swoop is also a decent option, very much the same as Miasma.

(I don't know what server you are on, but many players collect these just because - or for this reason (I do), and would have no problem giving you a set).

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,339
    I have had best success when hunting these from Miasma, troglodytes in Painted caves and in the citadel, killing mages, thieves and assassins. However I have also found them for sale on Magincia stalls
  • Thank you for your help ! :)
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    I think a general rule you pick them up from killing anything in an ML dungeon:
    http://www.uoguide.com/Mondain%27s_Legacy_Dungeons
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• Fastest way I’ve found to get them is off crystal demons in the room directly after the teleport area when entering Prism of Light dungeon in New Jhelom. Numerous spawn & they die FAST so quickly farmable. All have almost no resist to fire so head in w/ a demon slayer 100% fire wep & u’ll mow them down. I’ve filled many books farming here & Miasma, switching out when bored to death from one place or the other.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,793
    Coil also drops spell weaving scrolls.  The Coil that are in the Stygian Abyss are fairly easy to farm.  You just need a snake slayer for the coil and snakes.
  • Thanks again for the assistance ! :)
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    TimSt said:
    Coil also drops spell weaving scrolls.  The Coil that are in the Stygian Abyss are fairly easy to farm.  You just need a snake slayer for the coil and snakes.
    Do you mean blighted grove?
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• You could search vendors.  I used to sell the scrolls back in the day.  In fact, I found a big collection just today.  I was tempted to just throw them out.  However, I also just made a spellweaver about 10 days ago.  I really have no clue how to run a spellweaver… but I'm willing to try.  I made a Nerco some years ago... no honest clue why I wanted her or made her... or whatever I did with her, that I had a quite skilled Necromancer... but I still have her.  :-)

One thing I see on Atlantic quite a lot now are people killing the giant dogs.  I'm in the market for a new bright pink... or a red... and I was hoping to find tamers working on finding whites/black/blaze dogs.  When I find nice tamers willing to help me, the dogs never spawn!  Or good skilled ones, the right color.  The ones that murder them, I end up getting loads of free gold and loot.  In the last 4-5 years, random loot has really improved from what I can tell.  I see the scrolls all the time on dogs and those horrid Changelings.  I will kill those!  But for the most part... no point in hanging around the miasma when its a lot less work and danger in the dog dungeon.

By the way, if you play Atlantic... I'd be happy to give you want you need without charge.

Owner of the Red & Purple Mini Mall, established 2001. - The Red & Purple Pixies of the Yew Wood [Town] Atlantic Shard.
    Proud member of the Department of Mayhem.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,793
    Mervyn said:
    TimSt said:
    Do you mean blighted grove?

No, I mean the Stygian Abyss. Between the entrance to Medusa and the goblins there is an area with snakes. That is the other place you can find coil other than in the blighted grove.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,049
    You could search vendors.  I used to sell the scrolls back in the day.  In fact, I found a big collection just today.  I was tempted to just throw them out.  However, I also just made a spellweaver about 10 days ago.  I really have no clue how to run a spellweaver… but I'm willing to try.  I made a Nerco some years ago... no honest clue why I wanted her or made her... or whatever I did with her, that I had a quite skilled Necromancer... but I still have her.  :-)

One thing I see on Atlantic quite a lot now are people killing the giant dogs.  I'm in the market for a new bright pink... or a red... and I was hoping to find tamers working on finding whites/black/blaze dogs.  When I find nice tamers willing to help me, the dogs never spawn!  Or good skilled ones, the right color.  The ones that murder them, I end up getting loads of free gold and loot.  In the last 4-5 years, random loot has really improved from what I can tell.  I see the scrolls all the time on dogs and those horrid Changelings.  I will kill those!  But for the most part... no point in hanging around the miasma when its a lot less work and danger in the dog dungeon.

By the way, if you play Atlantic... I'd be happy to give you want you need without charge.

I have a Pink Cu Sidhe heading to Atlantic you can have.  Trained first round.  Ready to train the last round.  But you will have to read up on what to do.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.