Is this legal?

Is this legal?

I've been doing it during the entire Khaldun Halloween event. No one has complained until last night when a player who has been harassing me came along and tried to get me killed. He said it was illegal.

If it is illegal I can easily switch to energy fields and end up blocking the pets of other players from passing through the area.

Comments

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,209

Yes, illegal. You have to have 1 passable tile to become legal. If you took the chest away at the wall it would become legal. If it doesn't follow you thru that 1 tile, then that's a game issue and not your fault.

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,338
    I already posted on your other thread to say this is against the rules, most folk would ignore this minor transgression I think. I have opened that puzzle box quite a few times, but my character has stealth, lockpick and enough magery to invis. I'm guessing yours doesn't?
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,792

@Petra_Fyde, Which is why I started a new thread.  I did not want to overload a thread on harassment.

If using crates is illegal than would energy fields also be illegal since there is no passable tile to get to me?

@Kyronix Is either of these forms of blocking mobs illegal under the Trammel rule set?

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,046
    edited November 2018
    lead all the spawn away from that spot.. Use energy field to block passages.  Cant use player items to affect the game. 

The chests have invis potions.  They are giving you a hint.  Your are either a fighter or a fight avoider.  Basic UO.

Make a Tamer.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited November 2018
    I can only tell you I've been doing it since ages and never met a GM ;) When we had Minax invasions it was even declared legal and as you point out, there is little difference to fielding, so what..

Of course some griefers will take that as a excuse to grief you ;)
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited November 2018
    It’s also illegal to use speed hack and other non approved programs, but nobody has ever received any warnings or anything so I wouldn’t worry about it. 

You will however receive a ban for going afk while your char is performing an action or using the r word. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• I see you understand the UO spirit :)
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • Tampering with game mechanics violation.

Owner of the Red & Purple Mini Mall, established 2001. - The Red & Purple Pixies of the Yew Wood [Town] Atlantic Shard.
    Proud member of the Department of Mayhem.
  • Boxes r illegal b/c they’re static. Fields are legal b/c they’re dynamic. Fields drop, boxes don’t. Completely surrounding urself w/ boxes to shield urself from danger circumvents game mechanic as @Evil_Pixie_Works has stated. 

That said, it’s not uncommon to see players do this & GMs will issue warnings if ur paged on. 
  • Holy hanna  you been getting away with this for how long???  Sugar you should have been on a 3 day vacation long ago.