Help with a quest... a "Discussion". :-)

Not looking for a URL.

I use the Skarea Brea bank, Tram, Atlantic... and as I'm loading and unloading supplies... I see people run in to the city stone, I hear a quest chime... then the person runs away OR recalls.

I go to the stone, it says I have to be a citizen.  I have a very good locality in SB, but I guess its not enough.  So, I go to Yew, as I am a citizen.  I hear the chime and accept... something.  But I see nothing in my backpack or have no clue who or where I need to go.

Any ideas?

Is this the same quest to get Guild Signs... that are the same signs on NPC town buildings?

What do we do?

As far as the trade guy at the docks... I'm often sent to Yew... where I see no trade master.  Thats confusing.

Owner of the Red & Purple Mini Mall, established 2001. - The Red & Purple Pixies of the Yew Wood [Town] Atlantic Shard.
Proud member of the Department of Mayhem.

Comments

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779

Two ways that I know of is: click on your char and select the quest menu item or click on the quest journal in he EC.

• jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    Trade Minister in Yew is not at the Docks if I remember correctly, he's inland by a little building it has an anchor on it in EC. People often run up to the stone to get the Trade deal, it makes a chiming sound when you pick it up, you won't see it if you're not a citizen I guess.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    I'm sorry you don't want a url - since the page on trader quests in the uo player wiki shows quite clearly, with pictures, where to find all the various trade ministers.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246

This one?

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/quests/trader-quests/

Yep, that's pretty good. :)

Someone had to, and I feel I wove that into the discussion well. :D

• Pointless to mark a rune when you cant recall.  :-)  BUT I need to find the guy in Yew before I try this again.

So, you go to the city stone... hear that little chime... then what?  It doesnt "give" you anything.  And you can only do it 1x a day.

Owner of the Red & Purple Mini Mall, established 2001. - The Red & Purple Pixies of the Yew Wood [Town] Atlantic Shard.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    They are getting city buffs. Look at your buff bar and you will see the buff.

If you dont like what Yew has then you have to change cities.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Pawain said:
    What you said..
    WHAT?!!!  Do you know where the guy is actually located?

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    I can see Yew being difficult.  Everything is spread out.  The City Stone is at Empath Abbey.

The trade minister is under a tree a couple screens from Heartwood entry.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.