Pets question (mares, cu, greater dragon, probably more)

I recently came back to UO after a very long break. I have a character that has zero skills (she was once a tamer but those skills transfered to a different character a long time ago) and has a stable full of pets. Are these pets now worthless? Is it possible to transfer them to other players in game? I have 2 mares from 2001, a fire steed, cu (last pet i got before i stopped playing) greater white dragon. I had 6 pets in the stable but after taking 2 out i cant put them back or control them so the are like ticking time bombs. Do i just set them free? Can you make them into deeds? (lol crazier shit has happened in UO)

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,986Moderator
    you will probably need to transfer the pets you have taken out of the stables to someone else.For the ones still in stables I would suggest getting a Magincia stall
    put the pets on the stall and either sell them, or if you still have the tamer character you transfered the skills to, you can remove them from the stall with that character and place them in his/her stable.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,097
    edited November 2018
    Do you want to use those pets and return to UO?  Tamers are a lot of fun now.

Keep any horses you have. Keep the WW. Find someone that knows about the Pet Revamp and let them help.  What Shard?

A stable full of pets is now 42!  Buy some stable increase tokens.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Mariah said:
    you will probably need to transfer the pets you have taken out of the stables to someone else.For the ones still in stables I would suggest getting a Magincia stall
    put the pets on the stall and either sell them, or if you still have the tamer character you transfered the skills to, you can remove them from the stall with that character and place them in his/her stable.
    Thank you this was very helpful!
  • Pawain said:
    Do you want to use those pets and return to UO?  Tamers are a lot of fun now.

Keep any horses you have. Keep the WW. Find someone that knows about the Pet Revamp and let them help.  What Shard?

A stable full of pets is now 42!  Buy some stable increase tokens.

Thanks! I am planning to return, and i would love to keep all these pets/1 I have a tamer character just not this one, and i didnt know how i could get these animals to my other character.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,097
    edited November 2018
    Meet someone at the stable who plays a lot and talk to them about pets and they can get your pets from one toon to another.   Or if the shard is dead put the pet on a magencia vendor and quickly switch skills to another toon and take them out.

You will enjoy playing a tamer.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • The nightmares and the wyrm could very well be worth a lot of money, if they have overcapped stats. I would definitely hold onto them! Also, I strongly suggest that you don't train them in the new pet training system until you fully understand it. I made that mistake when I returned..
    One thing you can do is transfer your character to the test center to play around with the training system. Other than that, I'd suggest you get someone who knows the new system well, who can assist you with it.
    Good luck!