A mid event assessment of the Treasures of Khaldun

TimStTimSt Posts: 1,791
edited October 2018 in General Discussions

For the most part I have been having fun doing the Treasure of Khaldun event.  The one part that I have issue with is the purple skelementals.  Even though they are vulnerable to poison, when I hit them with the poison spell they suffer no real damage. My mage can kill generals and inflict serious damage to Khal Ankur himself but is useless against the purple skelementals.  When a first wave monster is harder to damage than the big boss something is out of wack.

What are other players assessments of the Treasures of Khaldun event?

Comments

• SkullSkull Posts: 42
    I haven't got around to it.   Any good?
    These forums make me log in so much I feel like a lumberjack.
  • MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    I spent a lot of time fishing and lumberjacking to get ready for the event because I enjoy doing those things anyway.  However, I've only been in the dungeon and killing stuff one time for about an hour.  None of the rewards are all that appealing, given the amount of time that it would take to get any of them and I'm just not into costumes.  Would have been more interested in the event if it meant being able to once again get the Ilshenar or Eodon portals.  Haven't spent much time on the trick or treating, since I don't have a GM beggar.  Spent some time killing skeletal/bone knights for the named skeletons, but the drop rate is pretty pathetic.  Have barely logged in to get the anniversary gifts because I will have no need for more of them in the future and they're useless if you don't have a house.   Honestly, pretty bored with this year's anniversary/Halloween events.  Been spending most of my game time doing older content and pondering why I'm spending so much money on UO.   Pretty sick of new stuff being a major grind and/or gold sink and/or incentive to buy stuff from the UO store.  Been paying $100-$120/month for UO for a long time to be able to play on a couple of shards and keep busy with decorating houses and finishing characters on them and it just doesn't feel like it's worth it anymore.  If you don't cheat and you don't buy gold from brokers, UO is just a pointless grind anymore.  It isn't fun and it isn't entertainment.  It's just depressing.
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    Margrette said:
      Have barely logged in to get the anniversary gifts because I will have no need for more of them in the future and they're useless if you don't have a house.  ...

....Been paying $100-$120/month for UO for a long time to be able to play on a couple of shards and keep busy with decorating houses and finishing characters on them and it just doesn't feel like it's worth it anymore.  
    I am confused.
  • Lord_NythraxLord_Nythrax Posts: 88
    edited October 2018
    I haven't gone yet. Someone gave me a weapon but I just can't be arsed to wander around looking for the dungeon when the items are crap anyway. This game hasn't added anything I wanted in years.
  • I went today for the first time to actually go hunting.
    I didn't finish the spawn, but i got 11 arties and stopped just short of level 3.
    Went and did shadowguard again though, and got a bunch of stuff I'm probably gonna turn into relic fragments. Khaldun spawn is kind meh. I made some non-max intensity spawn weapons for the event. Is Khal Ankur himself an undead or no slayer enemy?
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I have spent 0 time in Khaldun, congrats to everyone else, it just didn't appeal to me.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,175
    I love it! Once I got through the mess that is the Going Gumshoe quest and had some guildies make me some pretty awesome weapons I have been having TONS of fun down in the dungeon. I love getting new costumes. the spawn isn't bad once you've done it a few times and know how to do it, trying for the elusive bone pieces makes it even more fun!  And of course spending time with your guildies working together. The rewards aren't great but they don't suck! Haven't done much ToT since the dungeon opened though so I need to get back to that

• DoctorAlzheimerDoctorAlzheimer Posts: 85
    edited October 2018
    I think, compared to the time before Broadsword was founded, the devs are doing a wonderful work trying to offer new content and tending the rest. There have been far worse times, when people argued, UO was in maintenance mode - at best. Khaldun fits into my impression. Sure, there is content I liked more, but it is alot of fun nevertheless!
  • XrisXris Posts: 130
    I haven't even looked into it yet lol the rewards didn't look very good to me so I steered clear. Glad others are enjoying it though. 
  • I think boots of escaping has been offered as a reward in the past, but I never had the opportunity to get them
    so I'm glad to get some now.