Crystal Portals

MissEMissE Posts: 776
I have all portals locked down in my castle accessed to friends.  Some days they work, some days they don't.  Is there any reason for this? Or is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

It doesn't make a difference if I remove the walls around it or the tiles under it, some days it will work others it won't. Neither portals are raised up (if you test with the tool it says 'can't lower them any further')

Today they are working yesterday they weren't, didn't matter if I changed security access on them to anyone or owner, didn't 'fix' it if they were relocked down etc.

I am wondering if it has something to do with the same thing like when you leave a house your bear rug etc goes under the gozas then when you leave and come back it is on top kinda issue?  Could this be something to do with it?  Beats me as even when there is not granite tile under them and they are sitting on the floor direct it does it too.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,046
    I have a corrupt one that stopped working.  I am the owner and cant use.  They can not have anything under them.  Worked for weeks now doesn't.  I have not moved or added anything to the area since it worked last.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,679
    me and my husband had that issue in the original castle design multiple times, no matter where you put it on the main floor
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited October 2018
    When you say they’re not working, what do you mean? You’re using enhanced client and it’s not bringing up the gump? Or it’s bringing up the gump and not teleporting you when you make a selection? Or you’re using classic and the commands are not teleporting you?
    when you say they weren’t working yesterday, how many times did you attempt to use it, and it worked 0 times or eventually worked?

is it the town crystal or the dungeon crystal? Or all 4 that you’re experiencing an issue with?
    were you recently engaged in heat of battle or criminal activities when trying to use them? 

(also there is no reason to have permissions set to anything other than “anyone” )
    also you must be standing I think right next to it.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

CC  I talk to it and it used to send me to dungeons.  A couple of weeks ago it worked daily.  Now it does not work when I speak.  But I am busy with the new fun content so I don't have to use it daily now.
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    edited October 2018
    When I say 'not working' it means not working, doesn't work if you select the gump (and yes it opens) you make your selection with the relevant buttons, click 'go' and you just stand there looking at the wall.  When you say 'luna mint' you just stand there looking at the wall.  When you say 'fel dungeon shame' you just stand there looking at the wall.  Not just me, anyone who tries to use it, they are porters set up so my alliance can use them.  It is both the crystal portal and the corrupted portal.  Moonstone crystal and jawbone work fine.

For goodness sake I have been playing over 15 yrs Mervyn I know how to use a flipping portal. So no not in heat of battle, and I know where I have to stand.  It is a problem with the portals.  As for access settings they were set to anyone, didn't work, left them a day set them to friends, they worked, then didn't work, set them to owner, didn't work, set them back to anyone, worked, then not.  You get the idea? If I want them set to friends ONLY that is my  prerogative but not the issue here.

The fact they work one day and not the next is the issue here.

And yet again, yesterday when i posted this they 'WERE' working, today they are NOT.

@Kyronix @Bleak any idea?

Cheers MissE

Mine is working today.
    Mine is now working today too, so it seems it must be something to do with the thing I posted in the original post:

"am wondering if it has something to do with the same thing like when you leave a house your bear rug etc goes under the gozas then when you leave and come back it is on top kinda issue?  Could this be something to do with it?"

This seems to be doing something every server up, one day it allows the portals to work, the next it doesn't.   It can't be leaving your house and coming back as sometimes happens with the bear rugs as I tried that yesterday as well as completely closing the client and reopening it etc.   I guess I am betting they won't work tomorrow, I will let ya know.

Cheers MissE

Mine has nothing under the portal or on top.   Working again today. Hopefully permanent.
  • i had an issue a while back with one at my Luna house, it was on the steps and if you tried using it from the ground outside it would not work, but would if you were above it in the house it worked fine. i finally moved it to the main floor of the house and haven't had any issues since. where are yours placed? 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

i had an issue a while back with one at my Luna house, it was on the steps and if you tried using it from the ground outside it would not work, but would if you were above it in the house it worked fine. i finally moved it to the main floor of the house and haven't had any issues since. where are yours placed? 
    In the main ground floor of my castle.

Cheers MissE

And today they are NOT working again.  So it seems like it is something to do with server up or whatever, nfi,

They only work every second day, I did page a gm the other day when they weren't working but noone came and no email either for that matter so not sure if anyone is even aware. 

Cheers MissE

Today they are working.   So pretty much every second day they work.

So it can't be how they are locked down or  'how' they are being used or they wouldn't work at all on any day.

When I get time I will see if I can find a spot in the castle where they work every day.  Just means a redesign I guess *sighs* I might move them off the ground floor and see if that makes a difference if they are not locked down on the 'base'.  

Would be nice if a dev had any input to this issue. :(

Cheers MissE

My portal has been working since the 16th so I am happy.  

Good Luck Miss E.
    Ok so I got fed up with them only working every second day with no response by a gm or anyone so I moved them onto the third floor of my castle and raised them using stone blocks to see if they would work raised (I had to hide a chimney from the floor below that was against that wall). 

This is the result and now they work every day, go figure.

Cheers MissE

its the bottom floor that there is a problem with them. No matter where I put mine, it did the same thing. I believe my husband had to put his on the 2nd floor but I just moved mine. 

And I did send a report to the in game, report a bug. just got the usual email that it was for account billing issues. I cant remember if this was last year or the year before. but it was happening on Sonoma for awhile. I just forgot about it until you posted about it
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    Cinderella is correct this has something to do with the lower floors of the new castles (though I had similar issues in the old style castle at times).  Mine work every other day which is annoying to say the least.  I believe the ones I put on the third floor worked, but since I don't use the third floor for anything other than deco, this doesnt really work for me.  My work around is there are portals on the other side of a house teleporter on the first floor, in another home, that i use instead.
    I had to place mine on the floor above, but you can portal anywhere (standing underneath it, in CC) by typing in your destination