What with the City Guards?

They will not attack any monsters in the city when call upon?   Named Skeletons attacking Crafters shopping in town, Mongbats attacking citizens, Lichs walking thru the city gates attacking, what is with the City Guards???  All refusing to attack when called upon???????
Remove Trap = Bad News
for
Treasure Hunters
Drakelord#5598

Comments

• DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    edited October 2018
    Related image

Seems to me there is a HUGE problem (old Picture) yet ever event much like Halloween we have this where the city guards do nothing
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • With a heart full of nostalgia and mirth, I literally fell on the floor laughing my ass off.

Thank you. 
    Dennis the Peasant: "Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony." 
    Arthur: "Be quiet!" 
    Dennis: "You can't expect to wield supreme power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!” 
    Monty Python & the Holy Grail
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    I think they do that for a reason....but like in Nujelm when you're trying to kill a butcher and the darn guards whack it? ANNOYING! So I THINK they turn them off for events like this....not sure.

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Larisa said:
    I think they do that for a reason....but like in Nujelm when you're trying to kill a butcher and the darn guards whack it? ANNOYING! So I THINK they turn them off for events like this....not sure.
    I did run to the zoo in moonglow and the guards did wack the butcher took them like three wacks but still....
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Guards left their silver weapons in the armory. They decided their union pay wasn’t high enough to deal with it this year. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    Larisa said:

Last year I threw my Nujelm rune in the lake.  That place sux.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    the mongbats attacking citizens inside Moonglow city limits, isn't a new thing. one of my BOD holders, died about a month ago at the bank from a mongbat. I was looking in my bank box and didn't realize I was being attacked til I was almost dead. I called guards and they showed up but turned and walked away...

On Sonoma the only guards that guard wack the butchers are on the fel side. tram side you are on your own. 
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Pawain said:
    Larisa said:

Last year I threw my Nujelm rune in the lake.  That place sux.
    LOL nice...but I found that if you lure them JUST outside the cemetery gates and kill them there, 99% of the time they won't get whacked...hard if there are like 6 or so which has happened quite often but easy enough on a samp.

• Larisa said:

I'm dead. I'm just dead. Nobody is appreciating this enough. This was so perfect and delivered in the first reply.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    My approach to Nujelm is to place a boat near the shore but far enough away from the cemetery, exit the boat, go up to the cemetery, kill the butcher using flame strike while he is still in the cemetery, lure the skeletons to the gate, open the gate, lure the skeletons toward the boat, wait for the gate to auto close, run back, teleport into the cemetery, loot the butcher, recall back to the boat, pick the skeletons off one by one.
  • DanpalDanpal Posts: 119
    Blargety said:
    Guards left their silver weapons in the armory. They decided their union pay wasn’t high enough to deal with it this year. 
    You mean the guards melted down there silver weapons to feed there families 
  • They fed their families the melted down silver weapons?