Khaldun Puzzle Boxes and Stealables

2»

Comments

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,350
    I never found a stealable on Test center, and I did a LOT of testing of it. I've only found one on Europa. But, I've gotten enough cult items to get a belt for my archer, my samurai and my tamer and I've enough Felucca treasure maps to keep me busy for weeks!  
    I'm a very happy bunny. To me the maps are more worthwhile than a rare that will just gather virtual dust in a corner. I enjoy digging treasure maps.
    @Faeryl, it's been noted somewhere (can't remember who posted it, but my experience supports that post) the boxes have a tendency to congregate in the closed area. I've found as many as 7 in that small space.
  • FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
    Yeah, if I keep it up I'm going to need to claim a third Davies Locker to hold all the maps! I'm already up to about six hundred.

I have more than enough of the cult items and newer deco... plus I've gotten enough artifacts for two spellbooks, three belts, and a pair of boots.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,797
    If you do the secured room it will supposedly cause the hidden boxes in the rest of dungeon to spawn.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,095
    Gidge - where do you play on which shard? Which facet you found them at least? Oh i've even see - Lake Superior. I do this on DF and nothing till now :(

This could apply to you.  There are players on LS that play 6 to 12 hours a day during these events.  We are fighting in Khaldun 12 or more hours a day.  There are always blue containers on the ground that someone detected. Constant detecting and opening for hours.

These players have found sets of the artifacts.  I think the rate is too low for a casual gamer to find these.  How many hours a week of detecting and opening should it take to find 1?  Not my department.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Mene_DrachenfelsMene_Drachenfels Posts: 247
    edited October 2018
    Pawain... fine if you have many good people on LS - we also have this on DF :) and be sure that i go looking for this 4  to 5 hours every day ;)
    Gratz if players on LS are more luckier than others :) you're really great there!
    If this is not your department plz feed your pets :)

A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Got my *first relic on Europa

*mass optimism
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    I hit ever square inch of the whole dungeon, even while the spawn is active. Sometimes it isn't worth going back until it resets due to the area affect of those water elemental wanna bes.
    @Kyronix probably a bit late now, but the ratio of dread horn mane, corruption, and taint that spawns in the chests is 1:1:1 however to craft scrappers compendiums the resources used ratio is 1:10:10 respectively. Could you adjust the spawn rate accordingly?
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Yes, please adjust that spawn rate, I'll continue to wait for special ship ammo to be adjusted back to actually spawning again..in any amount.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • Mene_DrachenfelsMene_Drachenfels Posts: 247
    edited November 2018

I think Mervyn probably has his full set of relics *thinking*  . . .

Still twelve days remaining time of the event from today and I have after 6 weeks of daily mostly 4 - 6 hour search and breaks between through in order to protect my health not yet found a single one. I think I ain't no longer nerves for it. 

My honest opinion on the subject:

Bringing Rares into the game is all very well and good, but especially at such events, which are limited in time, they should really be left out. Which I can't understand anymore and want to understand why it has to be done super-rare. Before all should be slowly but surely also this - sorry - crap with the RNG let out. I now have plenty of these new pictures and platinium bars and from the Peculiars' again some not at all and others equal 10 times. I don't know who or what broke the reward system ;), but it can't go on like this in the long run - it won't keep the ball rolling for long, especially not the newcomers in the game. Please create a way to keep those things permanent in the game so that you have the chance to complete your collections much later - and that's how this game lives.

We old veterans would have something to take away the boredom with, the dungeons would still be animated because they are being used, and the new players would have a longer-term motivation reason that keeps them in the game and doesn't immediately drive them away again.

I love this game - for me there is and never was another. This game has some great decoration, and since the new designers are in it - there have been some awsome WOW moments. I love house building in UO and accordingly also decoration. Some of my houses are museums and many collections about the Ultima Online history have to remain incomplete, because as a player you simply don't have a chance to complete them by playing yourself  any longer - by taking them out of the game and thanks to a shitty RNG that blacklists you from the beginning ;). Nothing is sometimes more disappointing than having to tell a newcomer - sorry, there is no more or there still is, but it costs tens of millions or even platiniums, and in fact many would rather play it themselves - especially at the beginning where everyone has only one coin of gold.

Just my two cents

A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)

edited November 2018
    I have 2 relics. And I’m still missing 3 peculiar items however I have a good few duplicates so am hoping to trade.

I remain content at the rarity as will add value. Also quite like they’re shard bound.

I don’t farm the chests for as long as you. I don’t have lockpicking on my detect hide char, so I don’t bother with the hidden chests, I only do the puzzle boxes. I farm exclusively in fel with 0 luck as can’t enter trammel. I’m not suggesting that my way is the way to go. If I had lockpicking I would do the hidden chests I’m sure. 

• TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    What are the peculiar items, please?
    edited November 2018

Rare stealable decorative relics > very rare

New decorative paintings                relativly common

Decorative counterfeit platinum     relativly common

Blackrock staff is something new and did not come out last year with the Shattered Obelisk Event – Halloween 2017

Peculiar decorative items of the cult          rarer than pics & plats, but more common than relics

These are special item that come as rare loot from the traders quest during the first circle ot the Shatteres Obelisk Event 2017 from the Ambushers

·         This can be:

·         A daemonic amulet

·         An oddly modified gorget

·         A mysterious rolled map

·         A soul trapped within a phylactery

·         Boline

·         Dried Incense   ( I still miss this in my collection)

·         Folded Stole

·         Goblet

·         Pentagram adorned wand

·         Ritual Tome

·         Scourge

Artifacts of the Cult – relavtivly common

Helpful items such as bandages, arrows, bolts, lockpicks, gold and gems

Nice little helpers althouh I even never saw any bolts and arrows ;)

@Tanager

• TanagerTanager Posts: 634
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,986Moderator
    Swapped arrows and bolts with invisibility potions that can spawn inside hidden puzzle chests.