Is the weaken spell supposed to be permanent?

RockRock Posts: 567
edited March 2018 in General Discussions
I have a character on Sonoma who is suffering from a 6% Weaken spell (curse)? It won't be cancelled by a Strength spell, nor does the Chivalry power of Remove Curse have any effect.  Note that his Chivalry only has a level of 50.3.  He has no magery except for the default 20 that humans have in all their skills.

I've looked up Weaken on UOGuide, and Weaken is supposed to have a duration maximum of 90 seconds.  The Weaken icon on my character's screen doesn't even show a countdown. I just checked to see if I could cast Weaken on myself, hoping I could wake it up.  The character goes through the motions of casting and nothing happens. No report is made and no whiff sound occurs.
Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)

Comments

• SableSable Posts: 239
    There is a glitch where the icon remains on the effects bar even though the spell has long since expired.  Check your stats to see if your strength is at normal level.  If the icon bugs you (as it does me when this happens) you can cast weaken on yourself and when the spell expires, it should vanish.
  • RockRock Posts: 567
    Sable, thank you.  Sorry I missed this when you first answered.  Problem is gone. :)
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)