Enable Large Bank and Vault Gumps not working on some chests.

PawainPawain Posts: 9,076
@Kyronix ; I just found this was added.  Great Addition!  thanks

But it does not work on chests with "Gold" trim.

Expected result when this option is chosen:  All chests will show the large Gump

Result:  Chests with "Gold" trim still show small gump.

Can you let us (me) know if this will be changed?  I will need to switch out chests if you do not plan on changing it.

Thanks
Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,076
    @Bleak @Kyronix ; This going to be fixed?
  • MrNiceMrNice Posts: 29
    WAY more pressing, you can't open the house moving crate with this option enabled.
    MrNice said:
    WAY more pressing, you can't open the house moving crate with this option enabled.

Yup.  @Kyronix @Bleak
    Gold trim metal chests are still small on Origin. @Bleak
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,176
    Okay so discussing this on Stratics as well....from the wording in the patch notes:

• Crates now have the option to use a larger gump.  Can be set through Options->Miscellaneous-> “Enable Large Bank & Vault Gumps”
    Of course, we are all assuming that ALL containers will have larger gumps..is this not the case? I tested both on TC and on Origin today and MOST containers are still showing with a small gump..I assumed that just CRATES and wooden containers would show large gumps, but wooden boxes are not, rarewood chests, decorative boxes.....so can we get a clarification on exactly what containers are going to show the larger gumps and if this is working as intended?

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,121Dev
    This change is gump specific - so right now it works with anything that shares the gumps the crate or bank box use.  We may add additional larger versions of specific gumps in the future based on player feedback.  
    Ok Thanks.  I'll Put those chests in the trash.  Call it an extra bonus until someone reports that some chests have large gumps and wants it fixed...
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,176
    Thanks Kyronix! I do hope you add the large gump option to ALL containers! I am so used to the larger ones now, that when I open I small one my heart cries just a little :/ lol

I LOVE being able to move things around without them piling up on top of each other....and for those of us who are older and their vision isn't what it used to be.....*cough* these larger gumps are just AWESOME...so thank you for considering other options in the future!

• BasaraBasara Posts: 163
    Kyronix said:
    This change is gump specific - so right now it works with anything that shares the gumps the crate or bank box use.  We may add additional larger versions of specific gumps in the future based on player feedback.  
    Kyronix:

Is there some reason other than cosmetics that the Gold-trim wood and metal chests, and some crates, don't use the same gump as the others? The only obvious difference got the chests, at least, is that the gump for the gold trim actually shows the gold trim - which frankly is a minor cosmetic thing. Wouldn't it be an easy fix to just reassign the new gumps to those containers that otherwise should look the same internally?
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,121Dev
    I would assume it was an aesthetic choice made by those who originally implemented them, a choice we have no plans to change.