Khaldun spawn (fel)

Comments

• PodolakPodolak Posts: 13
    We can pool our information to try and figure it out.  So as I stated above I popped Felucca Khaldun earlier while guildies were doing a Rikky.  So we finished Fel Khaldun and it wouldn't repop.  I didn't spawn for the rest of the day.  I came back late afternoon and it still wouldn't pop.  Me and a few guildies checked every single Felucca spawn including Dragon Turtle, Oaks, Abyssal etc.  We found that Fire Dungeon, Deceit and Ice East (Rikktor) were popped.  One by one we finished each spawn.  Deceit first, tried to pop Khaldun, nope.  Ice East Second, tried to pop Khaldun, nope.  Fire Dungeon last but Khaldun still wouldn't pop.  I then ran through the entirety of T2A and Felucca dungeons and found that desert was popped as an undead and Terra Keep was popped.  So it would seem we need to keep doing whichever spawn pops after we finish until Khaldun pops again.

I gotta say if this is the method by which to get Felucca Khaldun to pop more than once (as you can pop it with Valor the first time of the day) it will rarely get done.

• LobsterLobster Posts: 19
    One thing that's clear is this BUG is hurting sales of the glorious potion.

• XareXare Posts: 124
    One thing that is clear is that every day, there's another bug that UO has that's pissing off players and leading to canceled accounts.

Not to mention the seeming ignorance of the dev team regarding mechanics.  I'll give them a pass, since the game is 20+ years old and the code is well before their time.
  • GigglesGiggles Posts: 62
    edited October 2018
    Well if this is not a bug, and working as intended, you guys need to reword your own wiki https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/combat/champion-spawns/ ,
    which currently reads;
     "In Felucca there will always be one location in the Dungeons and one location in the Lost Lands which is active. A dormant altar can be activated by a Knight of Valor, " It needs to exempt the khaldun and turtle spawn from this feature if this is how its going to be.

But I will say that I really do not understand why you are forbidding these alters from being challenged in fel, when they can be challenged all day long in trammel. There is simply no logic in that I see other than "screw you fel people wanting to fully enjoy this event dungeon too.". You already made the scrolls shard bound so its not like 4 120 scrolls is going to break any economy anywhere.
     A large majority of the pvp community I interact with was super excited for some new content in fel. And now a couple of people log in at server up, do the spawn, and it blocks everyone else from challenging it or participating in it all day long. That's just pretty ridiculous honestly. You can already challenge it, but only once after server reset and that's it. All other spawns allow multiple challenges after the champ is defeated. Why?

Why fit in when you were born to stand out? -Dr. Seuss
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited October 2018
    Maybe they’re just testing the waters. If they made ALL the champs behave like this, and ALL the scrolls shard bound, that would be cool.

its just the inconsistency and complexity that is bugging the hell out of us game teachers and guide writers. 

This softly softly approach stinks of being too afraid of upsetting those vocal few who need safe spaces and ends up annoying everyone instead. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Mervyn said:
    Maybe they’re just testing the waters. If they made ALL the champs behave like this, and ALL the scrolls shard bound, that would be cool.

its just the inconsistency and complexity that is bugging the hell out of us game teachers and guide writers. 

This softly softly approach stinks of being too afraid of upsetting those vocal few who need safe spaces and ends up annoying everyone instead. 
    Then it should be presented as such (testing the waters). Not added as some ninja new thing which confuses and upsets people.

I honestly think they don't understand what we are complaining about. Maybe the new alter ID's they added for the dragon and khaldun spawns don't allow for multiple challenges by default, and they don't understand what is broken about it.
    Either way, it would be nice to get a "sorry guys deal with it, and this is how you need to summon khaldun.....", or "Whoops we didn't know what you guys were complaining about, and now we have fixed the issue." The clock is ticking on this event, and only a couple of people are able to enjoy it in fel per shard. Which is, whoever is lucky enough to challenge and complete the champ first thing in the morning. Evening players are just SOL.

• I concur with the sentiments in this thread.  My guild and I were super excited about the Fel Khaldun Champ Spawn.  We were planning to do it multiple times in the evenings between now and the end of Nov knowing it would likely be a massive field fight each time.  We were prepping Caddelitie weapons and Resetting our chars. As it stands now, the content is not available for our evening group.  This is a royal bummer.  This was going to ramp up Fel spawning activity like it had never been in years.  But with the current limitation there is no opportunity for player involvement unless you are on in the wee hours of the morning.  
    edited October 2018
    So since ghosts don't get teleported to shrines like at other champs, these are vulnerable to ghost cams, and GMs can do nothing: (Exorcism not working at this location)

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    did anyone do the spawn on test ?? anyone ??? if this is a bug it could have been caught then surely the fel side on test was done at least once.... 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited October 2018
    Most of the particulars were not on Test.  They added the quest and other stuff after it went live.

You could not fight the Boss on TC.

You could mark runes inside the camp.

Kinda turns me off on testing if many specifics are just going to be tossed in when it goes live.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865
    edited October 2018

I'm pretty sure the majority of players think it's ridiculous how the fel version of this spawn doesn't work.

40 comments on a Bug Report,  How much feedback do you need to consider changing this thing?

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    Pawain said:
    Most of the particulars were not on Test.  They added the quest and other stuff after it went live.

Kinda turns me off on testing if many specifics are just going to be tossed in when it goes live.
    Even though they fixed the rune marking, you can still teleport inside the camp without the pendant, I didn’t bother reporting cos it’s only temporary event 

• Mervyn said:
    Pawain said:

Even though they fixed the rune marking, you can still teleport inside the camp without the pendant, I didn’t bother reporting cos it’s only temporary event 
    Except you just did.  The reason why is no one wants to do the overly complicated quest for no reason.  People had to google the translation answer to the gravestones, how ridiculous is that!!  Its supposed to be a fun temporary content that has people jumping through 20 hoops to participate correctly.   Then after you complete all that nonsense you have to spend 100k per tool dig up specific items to make weapons and spellbooks just so you can do damage.   I swear they sit around over there taking bets on who can lower the population faster in this game.   Every year it gets worse and worse.  I can only be nice about these things for so long, but track record speaks for itself.
    edited October 2018
    The Shard bound powerscrolls don't go into Power Scroll Book, this is as intended?

Also, you can scrollbind the  shardbound 105. 110, 115 scrolls (can bind with non shard bound scrolls) to produce a scroll that is not shard bound.

Mervyn said:
    You’re getting off topic, 
    LOL you complain about off topic and promptly go off topic about scrolls.

I guess it is fine since we do not have a response about this other than Fun Fact: We dont know what happened but the the spawn relies on some random event on unrelated spawns and we wont tell you what to do to get more than one spawn a day for a limited event.
    edited October 2018
    i didn’t go off topic at all, nor did I complain, I stated facts and provided useful info.

the thread is entitled ‘ khaldun spawn (fel) ‘the scrolls are a drop from said title.

Mervyn said:
    i didn’t go off topic at all, nor did I complain, I stated facts and provided useful info.

the thread is entitled ‘ khaldun spawn (fel) ‘the scrolls are a drop from said title.

Im all for going off topic after 12 hours.  The topic is old by then and the devs had plenty of time to chime in.   But he posted about starting the spawn not the end result.

You didnt "complain"  but you brought that up.  Same thing.

Not starting the spawn over and over could have brought some fun to fel.  Sad they chose to nerf fun again.
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    AS I posted on the other forum: 

We get to do this spawn ONCE a day on SIEGE,  if  you happen to be on when it is done, and if you are in the group that gets to do it.

If not you are OUT OF LUCK for the rest of the day.   Since this has been active I have been ABLE to do ONE full spawn (that was the first day before we knew the issue), and one other day when it was not competed before I logged on.  We even tried doing other spawns to rejig the thing once it was done but NOPE, not for us, people don't have time to run around doing multiple T2a spawns just in the HOPE of making the event spawn rejig.

OK I can see why on production shards the idol may not be boosted in fel until other spawns have been done, (well not really the idea is totally STUPID), but at least on production shards you have TRAMMEL where you can do the spawn over and over and get  your cult artis.   Not so on Siege.

Siege spawn should be able to be valor popped like every other spawn, the place is totally DEAD now as after the one spawn a day gets done no one bothers with it. 

And yes you can do 'boxes' to get your artis, or kill the very scarce amount of spawn in the dungeon for the minor chance of an arti but having spent 4 hours doing that today for the total sum of TWO artis it gets a bit soul destroying.

This is the lamest event dungeon ever put out with the way it currently is for siege. They need to look at the issue as it affects siege given we have no Trammel to 'farm' for the artis, at 50 needed for ONE item this situation is ludicrous.

Surely you can fix this so that those of us who pay for this game on siege and aren't on at server up or close to it can actually participate.  I don't have time to run around wherever and do multiple spawns before I can even DO  the spawn I actually want to do.  I rarely have time to do more than ONE or possibly TWO spawns a day and the Khaldun spawn alone takes well over an hour to compete atm as NONE of us get much practice at it..... guess why?

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
    Normally I’m all in on making the game more challenging, but this just makes it unfair, whoever can log in at 5am gets the spawn..

• MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Mervyn said:
    Normally I’m all in on making the game more challenging, but this just makes it unfair, whoever can log in at 5am gets the spawn..

Exactly.  I wouldn't even care if only ONE spawn a day dropped the scrolls and thereafter there were none (in case they were worried about masses of 120's falling) but the way it is atm it is shear luck if it pops more than once a day, so far NONE of us have seen it go more than the once and I know other spawns are being done.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • @Mesanna @Bleak ;

This is your community telling you that a major feature is BROKEN.  Show us you care and tell us how you are planning on fixing it.

This is fixed now?  

:)    We need a High five emoji.

@Kyronix

Thanks
  • NamelessJourneyNamelessJourney Posts: 133
    edited October 2018
    I read that on the uo.com front page, wanted to say excellent job @ the uo dev team.

10/9/2018

Greetings Everyone,

We have made the following adjustments to Publish 101 that will be released on the shards during normal maintenance time beginning with the Japanese shards this evening, 10/9/2018:

1.  The  Khal Ankur and the Dragon Turtle  champ spawns located in Felucca have been adjusted to spawn upon morning maintenance and can only be reactivated with valor after the first spawn.
    2.  Cultist’s Ritual Tomes will no longer be spawning as a blessed item on Siege and Mugen.
    3.   The information for the Felucca Khal Ankur Champ Spawn in the Wiki regarding the guaranteed 120 Power Scroll drop has been corrected, it now states 4 instead of 8 scrolls.

We appreciate all your feedback and look forward to more in the future.

UO Team

• PodolakPodolak Posts: 13
    edited October 2018

Thanks for listening (reading)!

*thumbs up*

• Thank you for listening to our comments and concerns.  We appreciate your prompt response!  Now I must get to spawning!  @Bleak @Kyronix
  • BasaraBasara Posts: 163
    HOWEVER, it's STILL not working.

On Lake Austin, I went in to Fel Khaldun and tried to pop the spawn. It told my character (with knight of valor) that the idol had "already been challenged", the message you get when you try to elevate a spawn that's already been elevated.

Yup, still broken. After you challenge and complete it one initial time, you cannot challenge it again. "The Champion of this region has already been challenged!" is the message received. So now you can do it twice in one day, and it's still only the early morning folks being able to do it.

Giggles said:
    Yup, still broken. After you challenge and complete it one initial time, you cannot challenge it again. "The Champion of this region has already been challenged!" is the message received. So now you can do it twice in one day, and it's still only the early morning folks being able to do it.

1.  The  Khal Ankur and the Dragon Turtle  champ spawns located in Felucca have been adjusted to spawn upon morning maintenance and can only be reactivated with valor after the first spawn.
    If you read it literally, it says can only be reacivated with valor after first spawn.  Not after second third etc.  I was hoping it did not mean that.

How do we activate it otherwise?

Pawain said:
    Giggles said:

If you read it literally, it says can only be reacivated with valor after first spawn.  Not after second third etc.  I was hoping it did not mean that.

How do we activate it otherwise?

I assumed that they meant it was the only way to activate it, and you can no longer do the whole 7% method of starting it after finishing other T2A spawns...

I wish they would take the time to explain the logic behind being so against people working this spawn multiple times, with the risk of pvp.. when its already auto popped all day in tram. We can't give proper feedback or arguments when the only reason given is its not a harrower champ or w/e. Primevil and Abyssal aren't either, but no one was super upset over people treating them like any other champ in the game.

Suppose at this rate it doesn't matter anyways. With the increased difficulty, lack of special drops, and the power scroll buff ending after the event, it will just become another unused spawn November 1st anyways. Time for me to go back under my rock  ;)

They just make up the rules as they go along. Why have they made this rule for khal ankhur and dragon turtle but not for abyssal inferno and primevil lich???
    Just so frustrating, intoxicating, complicated.