Curing self problem CC

Now here an interesting thing, trying to set a macro to cure self, in options I selected my key then cast spell and set for target self, now when I cast the spell using the key it says target not found, so I try UOA, and again target cannot be found, yet each time I have set it to target self, greater heal, invis etc all work great only when trying to cure is there a problem
Remove Trap = Bad News
for
Treasure Hunters
Drakelord#5598

Comments

• It's been a long time since I tried these, but wasn't there a "wait for target" line that needed to be in there between castspell and targetself?
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited September 2018
    Does it say “target cannot be seen”?
    if so this is a uoassist known issue, happens when you’re on uneven terrain and you’re trying to cast an area spell (arch cure) 
    if so, you need to move to flat terrain.

or it looks like you put the pause in the wrong place, needs to be cast spell, pause, then target. Or if you’re doing it without uoassist, yes you need to add wait for target like Uriah said.

i will also add, an elite player won’t automate the whole macro, it’s easier to target self/last manually, you get a lot more freedom with timing and freedom to choose who you’ll be curing. Sometimes a situation changes instantly in battle and it’s suddenly more important to cure your friend or your mount than yourself. Same is true for all spells, (EC is another matter, I won’t confuse things by talking about ECs spellcasting as I see you play CC.)
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,336
    try drinking a poison potion and then running the macro - in your screen shot there is no poisoned target to cure.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    try drinking a poison potion and then running the macro - in your screen shot there is no poisoned target to cure.
    not necessary
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002