Jasper has nothing for me at this time??

I've read with anticipation all the joy this quest is going to bring me and am finally ready to start and jasper has nothing for me at this time??? tried with two different characters neither has any other quest going what gives...
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• Start in the Britain Commons and take the quest from the Town Cryer?
    -Arroth
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    ah i asked for news and didn't think to see if he had a quest :)
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Did you accept the quest first from the Town Cryer? 

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    And sit in the chair across the table from Jasper?  You also have sit in that chair at the end of the quest in order to become a detective.
    ok what have i done wrong thanks to those who came before me i got in all 4 trap doors then went and found hidden book(we must all band together and demand they nerf the timer on detect hidden ) it said take to cytologist but he just shhhsssh me what did i miss
    TimSt said:
    And sit in the chair across the table from Jasper?  You also have sit in that chair at the end of the quest in order to become a detective.
    I never sat in a chair and I've gone through the quest 3 times..just have to be close to him.

Anon, you found the book? 

You got that message? And double-clicked on him while standing close to him?

yes and he just says ssshhhh
  • Did you actually click on the cryptologist?  You should get a big message with a picture.
    I double click him Lorenzo the cryptologist 
    I have gotten the quest 
    talked to jasper 
    went to brit cem talked to everyone found headstone open trap door found mysterious book 
    same for other three cemetery's
    then to place in moonglow found book and just get sssshhhed 
    have i missed a step ??
     Did you follow my guide? If you've gotten to the cryptologist then you haven't missed a step...check your quest log?

After coping all four books in the cemeteries did you go back to Jasper?  Jasper will then give you the next part of the quest to go see the cryptologist.

Larisa, all three characters of mine have had to sit in the chair.  Otherwise Jasper just ignored them.

Well I just ran through it again and didn't sit at all and completed it...made a video, uploading now....not sure why people are having to sit down lol, I never get off my mount.

edited September 2018
    https://youtu.be/iUAldg_uHWQ

Forgot to pause the show I was watching on Netflix...see if you can figure out what I was watching! :)

It's an easy one...and as you can see, I NEVER sat in the darn chair! I did, however, walk OVER the one that's on the side...but I never got off my mount.

(And don't give me crap for forgetting which teleporter goes to the lyceaum...I ALWAYS forget!)

AND it lagged out at the very end because my show started up again...I will go through the entire quest again on ANOTHER character just to have the whole thing on video...stupid computer :/

My last two characters did not have to sit in the chair but the first three did.  I wonder if they changed something post publish like they did on how close to the Khaldun camp you could recall to.
    It was of course user error i read but did not copy the four books ....
    better yet my rune near camp still works as long as i am wearing badge !!
    I doubt it because none of my characters had to sit, I NEVER get off my mounts unless I have to, and I didn't have to..so not sure what was going on with you.

• jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    I didn't sit, I had no trouble speaking to Jasper. My husband didn't sit either, in fact I'm pretty sure we were on mounts the whole time. Maybe Jasper was just messing with you!?  :p