Going Gumshoe...

Comments

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Mervyn said:
    Two things I read in this thread:
    1 moonglow graveyard trammel is too hard.
    2 it’s too hard to sit in a town and use detect hidden...

am I playing a different game to everyone else?
    Mervyn said:
    Kyronix can you please dial back the mongbat spawn at moonglow moongate, I don’t get time to press my “guards” macro before I get ganked by them on my sampire trying to do the quest.

Must depend on the shard.  On Pacific I almost never encounter mongbats at the moonglow moongate. The spawn rate of ghouls, specters, skeletons, and zombies at the Moonglow graveyard is a different mater.  It is a continuous wave after wave of 10+ with no break. Kill one and another one or two are immediately spawned.  If bodies stacked vertically you could easily make a mound higher than the buildings.
  • Well Mervyn  I have fought the normal spawn in the Moonglow GY and even at the "normal" times it can get rather challenging for a crafter who btw may not have the hitting power of say a mage or fighter... you forget the average crafter has little in the way of boosts spell or fighting wise.. all those points go into crafting... so yea  Moonglow GY can be tough to do if not impossible without help.   So I can well imagine people asking for a dial down of the spawn a reasonable request.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    It's called Ultima Online, you're not supposed to do everything on your own.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    The best part is, you don't HAVE to do it on your crafter...I did and just summoned Blade Spirits and used invis a lot! Took longer but I did it.

• Ok this is the 5th time I have gone around the buildings looking for that dumb book... today!

I am now feeling like I want to toss the whole computer out the door ..that's how frustrating this is @Kyronix !   I have gotten the hints and all but still no book..  I'm a patient person and have been supportive of the game for 21 years but this is where I have to draw a line in the sand,

Even I don't have time to do this anymore..  Fun is fun but when a part gets you so frustrated to do violence to a poor machine its time to close the game and walk away..  I can see it being in a different place per shard  that's fine,,,, but it should not drive one mad.  Now I have gone through every and I do mean EVERY book case not once but a good half dozen times per trip to the Lycaeum.  Add up the time there friend... that detect hidden timer and the making sure you hit all the bookcases....  Im no spring chicken and have gotten to the same point the younger players have reached.... Fix this book in place on each shard in a different place if you must but do something before players walk perma away.

Yes its that bad...

• Yes blade spirits is a good tool for the low end magery most crafters have...

The trouble is getting it off to clear your self the space to pop in and do all the work before they spot you and decend on you like a horde of ants.

Some people have said to search every bookcase, this is actually not the case, it is in the area of where you get the message, you will need to use detect hidden on the actual bookcase, you will have to go over each bookcase maybe 3 times. You can normally narrow it down to roughly 6 bookcases from where you get the message.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Yeah and in the bigger rooms you can't detect all the bookcases before it moves on you because of the time delay between using the skill.

• jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    It shouldn't be moving around and it should be near where you get the message, neither was the case when I found it.
  • Im sorry  you must think  all only do this 1 time around...   sorry to burst your bubble  when I got the messages I did the bookcases  more then 5 times each in that area and then the whole room a few times too.. NO BOOK.  I have reached that point where I will walk off and let it go..  its not worth the headaches, stiff neck and anger.    Il let you al do the work and stuff and just buy what I want from it..  its not worth doing if I get so mad at the game I want chuck the computer!
    click use skill, click bookcase, wait 10 seconds (take a sip of wine), rince and repeat. I'm not sure how you're getting a stiff neck.

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    when my guild was doing it, there was lot of us in the same room, only two of us found it in the same spot. when there was more people there, it jumps to another room quicker. maybe that's what it was doing for you
    Why is everything so much more frustrating than it should be? Moving books are frustrating, trying to get some of the resources with only 20 skill from JoaT is frustrating, suddenly having your runes to outside of the camp stop working is frustrating! Where did the fun go?
    You can gather resources with 100 skill, not sure why you’re using JoaT.

• DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    So they have expanded the area that surrounds the encampment, so no more recalling to a closer area to it, you are now forced to walk in from at least 1.5/2 screens away, therefore you must now face the Guards when entering and exiting the camp since you CANNOT recall out of the camp, therefore you MUST wear the Necklace/badge to enter and exit.   However, you can recall out if you are INSIDE the dungeon entrance.  Be careful if you try this with Nonmage/fighter characters as you may be greeted inside and killed.  Of course, this is Tram only.  

On the Fel side, there is no encampment, and you have to run in.  (I checked on TC)  But I have yet to check the Fel side on a prodo shard.
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
    OMG YOU HAVE TO WALK 3 SCREENS NOW? THE HORROR! :/ When did people get so lazy? 

Mark a rune here:

And yeah you gotta run through the cave and up 2 screens....:/

• DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    Larisa said:

Mark a rune here:

Yep my Fel book has that rune, but thanks for the share
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • XareXare Posts: 124
    Larisa said:

Mark a rune here:

Why in the world would I use an entrance that's monitored that heavily?  Do you think I'm suicidal?!
    Um...this is in Tram??? You do know there are two facets right??

Larisa said:
    Um...this is in Tram??? You do know there are two facets right??
    Why the hell would I have a rune for there in tram?
    Oh wait, I forgot! People have to have SOMETHING to complain about..my bad..carry on

Larisa said:
    Oh wait, I forgot! People have to have SOMETHING to complain about..my bad..carry on
    ?  what?
  • Moonglow Zoo - I did it with a char that can only cast invis and is no better off than my crafting chars. Of course the undead are annoying, but what I'm wondering is why they always have to be killed when they're annoying? Killing monsters always leads to respawn - which is even more annoying;) Just lure them away - open the door from the cemetery and take them for a walk - if they are far enough away then you have your peace. Funny, that was the first thing I ever learned in this game - helped me over and over again up 'til today.

Book topic in the Lycaeum: I don't need a superdetective with GM Detect here. 50 Detect Hidden Skills are enough here - maybe even the 30 skills you bought. Either you have such a char or you put something on a free soulstone. On the area of the Lycaeum itself one runs off a little the rooms - 6 pieces at the number until the message comes : "Your keen. . . . etc. . . . " and searches only in this room.

Of course you have to invest a little more time here - but wasn't this game always a puzzle - today like 20 years ago )?

A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)

edited September 2018
    Very well said Mene. 

This whole quest was/is enjoyable to me. Seems I am alone?

I found it very nostalgic to mine and lumberjack and enjoyed the crafting side that I normally miss out on as I already own piles of thousands of resources. It gave a sense of what it would be like when they open a non transferable fel shard, where crafting and resource gathering will be worthwhile again.

Not everyone has a crafter, not everyone has all gathering and crafting skills. 
    jaytin said:
    I’m not having a pop at the moderators on this forum, but I once had a comment removed for alleged trolling when I complained I was struggling to complete doom with my crafter. You’re posting that you’re struggling with a crafting quest on a non crafter..
    just saying 

• RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    edited September 2018
    Mervyn, do not presume a one off comment by a member in good standing is even comparable to level of scrutiny that every one of your posts demands of the moderators. If you ever wish to "have a pop" at any member of the Ultima Online Forum team, please refer to the Terms of Service. 
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    Let us stay on topic please.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    jaytin said:
    I see from your profile that you play Europa - so do I.  You may not have those skills, but I do. What do you need? pm me a list.
    Thank you Petra but I am trying to raise lumberjacking on an old account, I won't be beaten by this event!  :D