the votes are in...

13»

Comments

• Yes I miss the bulletin board .. But water tiles large as a moat would be a problem. We need tiles as pressie or drop that we can walk on. Sush nice things we could create then!
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    I like a moat too, but grass is also okay! You did a really nice job, it's still a castle but more useful.
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    When building my monstrosity, I tried to put in what I felt everyone could use. A few rooms, a safe open area with grass, freedom of doors or arches. two open floors with the ability to add walls. a few grassy spots for flowers or vendors or decorations. I felt that I was clueless if the grassy areas I had out front and to the sides were going to be able to have things locked down or literally be open areas. I would have appreciated feedback as well. I almost placed a little plot out front for communication. Maybe a community build next time.

And to the person who doesn't know what the Borg reference is....

It is an alien ship on Star Trek. a Big Cube. :)

• I don't think it could be too bad if people designed their own.  Castle, keep, 18x18, 15x15, whatever, they need to ban those hideous crystal housetile sets tho.
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    Yeah that crystal is just an eyesore. *shudder*
  • TimTim Posts: 796
    One persons eyesore is the next persons masterpiece.
    I personally like the odd piece of crystal if used in moderation.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Borg Cubes may not be the prettiest thing but they are the most efficient/functional design and gives you the max floor space.
  • Don't want max floor space.., now lock downs  is a total different ballgame!!
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,692
    the ideal castle for me, is that the hallway must be 4 tiles wide, so I can walk past raised gardens.
     The castle we have now is 3 tiles wide and you cant place a large bed there... Also the stairs must be in the front. I don't like going all the way to the back in order to access the other stairs
  • VioletViolet Posts: 372
    the ideal castle for me, is that the hallway must be 4 tiles wide, so I can walk past raised gardens.
     The castle we have now is 3 tiles wide and you cant place a large bed there... Also the stairs must be in the front. I don't like going all the way to the back in order to access the other stairs
    See, I think 4 tile wide hallways are a waste of space. 3 tiles wide allows me to use them as deco/collection walls with no wasted space. And that there is a problem with the castle designs. Everyone wants something else. Though my question is, just how many garden beds are people wanting space for?
    Why have hall ways at all, just more wasted space.
    edited September 2018
    Violet said:
    See, I think 4 tile wide hallways are a waste of space. 3 tiles wide allows me to use them as deco/collection walls with no wasted space. And that there is a problem with the castle designs. Everyone wants something else. Though my question is, just how many garden beds are people wanting space for?
    well I used to have 17 raised gardens. when growing the sugar cane, it pokes through the floor above. And you cant walk around them. When the plants are visible you can't walk past them on the floor above... and you can't teleport past them, so you have to go the long way around on the castle... I do have a raised paver roof but I will not place them on it, for fear that a paver will go down one space and then I would lose it like I did a lighthouse, not knowing a gaza had done that. when you axe it, it would be destroyed just like my lighthouse was... Also with the current castle you can't grow anything tall on the current roof, cause the pavers will fall.

What can I say, I like to grow plants... And I know there are many people who do also
    Bilbo said:

well I guess I should have said if you have to put a hallway in, make it 4 tiles wide... that way we can walk around the raised gardens... I want to be able to use a full size garden and if its narrow, can't walk past them, also the sugar cane pokes through the floor, so I can't walk past it & can't teleport over the spot, can't see the floor on the other side. 

And obviously i'm not the only person who thought about wider hallways. Dots castle has the 4 tile wide hallway. When I first looked at it I wasn't crazy for the floor tiles. After I looked at it some more I realized I could use my gazas that I have already in my current castle to cover it up. Then again there is always carpet...
    Bilbo said:

well I guess I should have said if you have to put a hallway in, make it 4 tiles wide... that way we can walk around the raised gardens... I want to be able to use a full size garden and if its narrow, can't walk past them, also the sugar cane pokes through the floor, so I can't walk past it & can't teleport over the spot, can't see the floor on the other side. 

And obviously i'm not the only person who thought about wider hallways. Dots castle has the 4 tile wide hallway. When I first looked at it I wasn't crazy for the floor tiles. After I looked at it some more I realized I could use my gazas that I have already in my current castle to cover it up. Then again there is always carpet...
    I understand about the hallways but if they would just remove all the inside walls in both the Castle and Keep and then move the stairs/put in teleport tiles in the southeast/southwest corners and be done with it.  Adding another full open floor wouldn't hurt either.