Fix The Lagggggg

About 3 days ago just before the patch I started getting bad lag. Today I've been messing around on Atlantic and got random disconnects for no reason on my part. Others were getting booted at the same time I was. Normally before this I experienced like zero lag.
Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies

Comments

• PapaSmurfPapaSmurf Posts: 112
    Hmmm, maybe that’s why I keep randomly crashing  :|

• Yes! Everyone was complaining on Atlantic yesterday and now no one has my back :)
  • LillyMae_1LillyMae_1 Posts: 117
    Your lucky as your name as i tend to crash about 8 times a day
  • Your lucky as your name as i tend to crash about 8 times a day

Oh I get random boots. It just usually isn't happening with a bunch of people at the same time, that I've noticed before. The horrible lag is new though and I'm pretty bummed about it.
  • ArchnightArchnight Posts: 48
    PapaSmurf said:
    Hmmm, maybe that’s why I keep randomly crashing  :|
    I've been randomly crashing as well for the last two weeks, though haven't tested alot since the latest patch but do know it happened atleast once

• Well this started for me at the same time I received a new Dell bios update. So I've been screwing around with Dell for days. Test this, try that. I've seriously looked at every aspect of the computer pretty much. Every test came back fine. I was at the end of my rope. So just to start over at step one and try all the simple things I tried running UO compatible with Windows 7. Bam! Running smoothly now. lol No more of the 2 steps then lag game anymore. I can't believe it but I'll take it. I have no idea why it worked. So if you ever have this problem it's worth a try. Doesn't explain numerous people getting booted at the same time, but that's another issue.
  • FatFat Posts: 97
    I don`t remember a time with better lag. 
  • Oh my God I remember the reverts and crashes whenever Great Lakes got a new expansion with housing lol. I have a shirt somewhere in game lol. When Luna came out there was no keeping the game up. Back in the early days I think the game was down more than it was up. Was always trying to remember what I did for the last 2 hours so I'd know what I lost lol
  • PenNPaperPenNPaper Posts: 97
     Playing Great Lakes Shard no lag here.
  • MadMartyrMadMartyr Posts: 61
    Play ATL most of each day with no issues, here.
    UWF Emissary
    Developer of Ultima Mapper
  • People REALLY HATE reading all the posts, don't they? ;)
  • MadMartyrMadMartyr Posts: 61
    edited March 2018
    Responses aren't necessarily to you or your original post, but may address subsequent posts within the thread.  ;)
    UWF Emissary
    Developer of Ultima Mapper
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited March 2018
    Lag?
    What Lag??
    U wanna lag???
    Try play circa 1999 with 56k or less modem, DURING THE EVENING!!! :D

*Harrrrump! Snowflakes...* ;)
  • SaulGoodman1SaulGoodman1 Posts: 285
    :s