Mobiles filter ?

I understand how the Mobiles tab works in the EC, however I can't figure out how to use the filter under Mobiles. I thought it was for putting in a name or title of a certain npc you wanted to find but it does not seem that way. 
So exactly how does the mobiles filter work ?

Comments

• Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,020

Set Filter
    "If you set a filter only the mobiles that contain the specified text in their names will be shown."

I thought it would work the same way you describe @Tamhra. Put the name in, run around, find the thing you are looking for (and only that thing). I think though that the filter does not work that way and instead will only sort out the names of the critters you already have up in your mobiles bar.

I have only been able to get it to work once. Default EC, no Pinco's.

Under the user interface>mobiles tab I un-ticked everything except Attackable and Neutral Animals. Then I ran to a spot with lots of animals. The mobiles list populated up to about 20 critters. Then I set the filter to show one of the critters names. That removed all the other names from the populated mobiles list.

However as soon as I moved out of range of that area (about 10 tiles) the whole mobiles list went kaput and I had to turn off UO and restart to get the mobiles list to work again. I have never gotten the filter to work again.

It will be interesting to see if anyone else has.

-Arroth
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    All I know is, Invulnerables don't pop up, even if you set the filter to "them" only.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Must be a bug with the invulnerables, it used to work that you could just 'select' them and it would filter out all the others, I remember using it to do the virtue quests when you were looking for the npc to give you items etc.

But even if it is bugged I still find it helpful to turn off summons/friends/innocent etc especially at em events, so that the only 'red' bar is the boss you are trying to kill.  I also find it handy sometime to turn off innocents and animals etc if you are in high spawn areas and want to filter out stuff you are not gonna be attacking.

@Kyronix should look at why 'invulnerables' no longer appear in the mobiles list irrespective of filter settings.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum