Why is this bracelet aging?

RockRock Posts: 567
edited August 2018 in General Discussions
One of my guys is wearing a bracelet which has its durability go down quickly outside of battle:
Just two days ago it was at full durability.  He has been training with a 10-repeat macro using the enhanced client.   The macro causes a drop of 4 durability every few iterations of:
  1. Delay (3)
  2. Cleansing Winds (self)
  3. Delay (5)
  4. Mass Sleep (self)
  5. Delay (5)
  6. Peacemaking (self)
Once I realized what was happening, I started watching closely.  I observed it drop from 60 to 56 durability during the Peacemaking step.  It doesn't drop every time, but in one series of 10 iterations, it will have maybe 2 drops.

I realize it is antique, and such items can age fast.  But in my experience it is only damage to self which causes durability of items to drop.  If I had been attacking myself with, say, Bombard, I could understand the durability drop.  But nothing I am doing is self-damaging.  Even the Sleep (self) isn't a debuff on me, but any foes near me.

Why is the durability dropping?

Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)

Comments

• despite what you said it is still because it is antique. It's not only taking damage that makes antique jewellery wear out faster, it seems like any kind of spellcasting also does that. I had antique jewellery loose durability when all I did was run consume damage.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,076
    You can not skill with antiques on.  Just playing an instrument over and over wears them. Anything that does a skill check wears them down.

Thats why people dont like them.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SyncrosSyncros Posts: 116
    On my tamer with peace I noticed the jewelry losing durability a lot faster lately than before.
  • RockRock Posts: 567
    Thank you for the feedback everyone.  The obvious work-around was to repair the bracelet, then not use it during training.  He is not wearing any other antique items, so the bracelet was the only one which was quickly aging.  Using Vendor Search I found another bracelet with at least 10 LRC (without the bracelet he only hat 90 total) and 2 MR (to help sustain his peacemaking masteries).  It is not antique; in fact no general classification.  It's just a bracelet.
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)