we need love for bards!

Why can i not equip my Lute 
why does i not have mods on it 
why can we not have our own school of magic i don't wanna be a mage....
  1. sould bards get love2 votes
    1. yes of course
      100.00%
    2. yes of course
        0.00%
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• cobbcobb Posts: 172
    biased poll
  • RockRock Posts: 567
    @McDougle, you probably already know that there can be two mods on musical instruments.
    1. exceptional quality (more effective against all monsters)
    2. slayer (more effective against some monsters)
    That isn't a lot, but it seemed necessary to clarify your post.

Personally, I would not want to equip an instrument.  Currently the skills can augment the abilities of fighters, magic users, and tamers.  Having to equip it would interfere with both fighters and magic users.  Plus their normal capabilities do not use mana. (Bardic mastery skills do, however. This already partially implements your concept of having a "bardic school of magic".

Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    As Rock stated, if you made us equip the instruments for use, then that would negate a large amount of players from using the skill. Now....if! you made it so holding the instrument gave a boost in some fashion, maybe play the song longer for peacemaking or improved over all chances, that would be groovy. then some of those beast with 160.0 barding  just might be a little more bardable.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Gidge said:
    As Rock stated, if you made us equip the instruments for use, then that would negate a large amount of players from using the skill. Now....if! you made it so holding the instrument gave a boost in some fashion, maybe play the song longer for peacemaking or improved over all chances, that would be groovy. then some of those beast with 160.0 barding  just might be a little more bardable.
    it would be like a spell book with good mods you might choose to hold your flute over a book or weapon 

the song book i would like to see not OP or complicated
    repeat performance = recall
    encore = mark 
    remedy =cure/heal
    this would only lead to my being able to play a bard without needing Chiv or magery for the simplest task 
    i can hunt and kill the mightiest beast with my bard skills and the masteries 
    for a sandbox game UO seems to want to shoehorn you into the same old builds...
  • cobbcobb Posts: 172
    you can heal and deal damage with spellsongs already
    cobb said:
    you can heal and deal damage with spellsongs already
    I understand this why would you or anyone be opposed  to what i am asking for 
    1. its easy just rename some spells 
    2. not OP and hurts no one just let's people play with out magery or chiv 
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    So you just want
    120 music
    120 peace
    120 provo
    120 disco

and a book with spells renamed to act just like other spells but not use regents or magery?

I will tell you like I tell others (in UO and out), make a full suggestion for a complete template with ideas and submit the idea to UO themselves. It is the only way to be taken serious. By putting in tons of thoughfulness and sweat into your desire.

Gidge said:
    So you just want
    120 music
    120 peace
    120 provo
    120 disco

and a book with spells renamed to act just like other spells but not use regents or magery?

I will tell you like I tell others (in UO and out), make a full suggestion for a complete template with ideas and submit the idea to UO themselves. It is the only way to be taken serious. By putting in tons of thoughfulness and sweat into your desire.

I don't mind Regents or something like them at all (not that it matters with 100 LRC has anyone used a regent in 5 years or a tithing point??)
    you call them spells i would call them songs  :p but yes not to have to use Magery would be the goal
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,740
    Well, most musical instruments have carrying straps why not have them wore like (larger)a quiver or (smaller)sash that has special properties? 
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Fire Horns are nice for bards, but the devs thought it would be fair to require sulph ash to be physically in your pack, lrc suits weren't good enough, even with the ridiculous cooldown.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.