NPC inventory price reset ??

@Kyronix I get that you guys want the shard to be somewhat dependent on each other but why can't NPC prices be reset at server up each day ? The price of Saltpeter on Atl is over 400 per. It never resets and never lowers because the only way to lower is for someone to mine several hundred thousand and then sell them back to the NPC. No ones going to do that. If players want to mine and sell during the day to make a little gold, that makes sense, but not allowing the prices to reset at server has no redeeming value imo. Some of us enjoy High Seas, and I know there will be a pub 110 or whatever some day, but until then could you at least make this tiny change to the code ? Atl is over 400, Lake Austin is almost at 400. And please, I don't need responses of how I can go out and mine my own. I tried that, 3400 luck suit, it took 25 individual dig sites before a niter popped. Yes with my luck it was a huge one and got me a whopping 278 saltpeter for almost an hour of work..WOOHOO! I won UO. /sarcasm. 
You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.

Comments

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,122Dev
    The change to NPC pricing was done to model the way real economies work in terms of supply and demand.  The greater the demand, the higher the price, and vice-versa.  This has been one of the more successful gold sinks in world where the need for gold sinks almost never ceases.  This also gives the crafting profession a viable path to earn gold.

That all being said, the harvesting rate of saltpeter (and other resources as well) almost certainly needs to be bumped to balance time investment vs. reward and we appreciate the feedback.

As far as changing the way NPC pricing works on these resources to reset to their base cost each day, this is something unlikely to change.  This "tiny" change would have much farther implications for an economy already plagued by too much gold, and addressing your concerns from the perspective I talked about above would be more likely to occur.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I can accept that answer, doesn't mean I like it though. If shard economies were strong enough that supply and demand worked on everything yeah, but like I said, there aren't enough miners (if any since the prices never drop) selling their saltpeter back to the NPCs, the same goes for bolts/arrows although I"m sure there are crafters making and selling arrows back, a crafter can produce way more arrows/bolts per hour than a miner can mine niter...thanks for the reply either way.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,096
    He was in a good mood.  WHY DIDN'T YOU ASK ABOUT THE DREADMARE!!!
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I get a little StarStruck whenever he replies directly to me lol

• jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    I just hope that they remember that what works on Atlantic will not work the same on less populated shards.