Khaldun Champ Spawn

KyronixKyronix Posts: 139Dev
edited August 9 in Test Center
For discussion of the new Khaldun Champ Spawn

A few things to note about the Champ Spawn at this stage...

The goal is to test the creatures that are part of  each level of the champ spawn.  There is still MUCH more to come in terms of Halloween content (make sure you sign up for the newsletter!) but we wanted to get this out as soon as possible to start gathering feedback.

There are no rewards, nor will any of the creatures drop any substantive loot.  Literally the only piece right now is the functionality of the creatures that you must fight in order to summon the Champion (who is not implemented yet either).

Some information that is helpful when providing feedback,
  • How many people were in your group or party?
  • What kinds of templates were you using? 
  • How long did it take to summon the Champion?
  • How many times did you die?

So have at it, and slay on!

edit 8/9/2018 - A note about the Shadow Fiends...previously these creatures were very nasty.  They would essentially leech HP from you without any limitations.  They have been removed from the natural Khaldun spawn, and their ability to leech life is limited by their Mana and can be resisted via Magic Resist.

Comments

    • Visit the Britain Commons for a gate to the dungeon.
    I am there, where is it?
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 139Dev
    edited August 8
    The gate is now available.
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 85
    I just visited the Fel dungeon and killed a few things. It looks pretty interesting. I didn't see the Tram one up yet though. I will be curious to see what the rewards are Tram vs. Fel though. *Thinks MAYBE power scrolls in the Tram one*
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • VioletViolet Posts: 57
    edited August 9
    Guildie and I completed it tonight, all the way through to the swine using the gate in the Brit Commons. 


    How many people were in your group or party?  two
    What kinds of templates were you using? 
    Necromage Tamer with Med and no vet.  
    Spellweaving Tamer, no focus, with vet.

    Unicorn & Naja until first death, then Unicorn &  Firesteed w/Frenzied WW.

    How long did it take to summon the Champion?
    We spent a lot of time loring, taking screenshots and discussing the encounter/mobs, so I couldn't give a time frame that accurately reflects completion time. 

    How many times did you die? We each died once when wave three spawned, once trying to recover bodies from the first death (it changed when we were at the alter) and one additional time on wave three.   When wave three spawned, several stealthers that were watching us were revealed and when they tried to retreat, they had no chance of escaping (which was kind of funny to watch).

    It was pretty rough when wave three spawned. I do not know the name of the ability Shadow Fiends use (the one that sounds like reflect damage). It hits fairly hard and seems to be either an aura or aoe as it was hitting someone that had honored themselves to get their body. Combined with the cultist ambushers and there is very little chance to live if you aren't on the outskirts at the beginning of that level and work your way in. Of course when we attempt this again, we will be on the edge during that change.

    During wave three some sort of melee character joined us... very very briefly. They were quickly dispatch by the fiends and cultists then rezzed and left, not returning.  Unfortunately I do not know their template.

    I think the first two waves are well done, it makes people think about the spells, pets and weapons they use.  I like that there are all damage types represented and that they had varying resists that you need to adjust for. 

    Wave four was actually easier than the rest, but we see the story progression of it, and frankly after dealing with wave 3, four was a nice change of pace.

    The current placeholder boss was the most gruesome beast we had ever faced and definitely needs to be toned down.  ;)


  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 139Dev
    Violet said:
    Guildie and I completed it tonight, all the way through to the swine using the gate in the Brit Commons. 


    How many people were in your group or party?  two
    What kinds of templates were you using? 
    Necromage Tamer with Med and no vet.  
    Spellweaving Tamer, no focus, with vet.

    Unicorn & Naja until first death, then Unicorn &  Firesteed w/Frenzied WW.

    How long did it take to summon the Champion?
    We spent a lot of time loring, taking screenshots and discussing the encounter/mobs, so I couldn't give a time frame that accurately reflects completion time. 

    How many times did you die? We each died once when wave three spawned, once trying to recover bodies from the first death (it changed when we were at the alter) and one additional time on wave three.   When wave three spawned, several stealthers that were watching us were revealed and when they tried to retreat, they had no chance of escaping (which was kind of funny to watch).

    It was pretty rough when wave three spawned. I do not know the name of the ability Shadow Fiends use (the one that sounds like reflect damage). It hits fairly hard and seems to be either an aura or aoe as it was hitting someone that had honored themselves to get their body. Combined with the cultist ambushers and there is very little chance to live if you aren't on the outskirts at the beginning of that level and work your way in. Of course when we attempt this again, we will be on the edge during that change.

    During wave three some sort of melee character joined us... very very briefly. They were quickly dispatch by the fiends and cultists then rezzed and left, not returning.  Unfortunately I do not know their template.

    I think the first two waves are well done, it makes people think about the spells, pets and weapons they use.  I like that there are all damage types represented and that they had varying resists that you need to adjust for. 

    Wave four was actually easier than the rest, but we see the story progression of it, and frankly after dealing with wave 3, four was a nice change of pace.

    The current placeholder boss was the most gruesome beast we had ever faced and definitely needs to be toned down.  ;)


    Incredibly helpful and thoughtful!

    I edited the OP to mention a change that was done to Shadow Fiends and their ability.  Can look at adjusting it further so it's not too overpowered.  A lull before the horror that is the The Swine is probably a welcome relief, so I'm not too keen on buffing wave 4 beyond what it currently is where the Invasion Mobs spawn Lvl 2-4 (excludes the lowest and highest, recruit & general).  Will continue to monitor though!
  • PawainPawain Posts: 456
    @Kyronix ;

    If you are making this as a stand alone difficult Dungeon, then awesome.

    If this is the Halloween Dungeon please consider; A lot of players return just for September Thru December events.  I hope you make the Halloween event with casual players in mind also.  Or players who craft/deco ect. the rest of the year and pull out their fighters for these events.  

    The city invasions were great for all player types.  Sorcerers dungeon had some issues with easy kills in some areas but everyone could participate.  The whole 20th anniversary arc was well built and well received by the players.  You have a challenge to top last years fun events.

    These events are the only time I see different  groups of players having fun together on LS.  Other than the year round groups that you cant run off.

    Thank you and the team for your efforts!


  • PawainPawain Posts: 456
    @Kyronix

    You said: I edited the OP to mention a change that was done to Shadow Fiends and their ability.  Can look at adjusting it further so it's not too overpowered.  A lull before the horror that is the The Swine is probably a welcome relief, so I'm not too keen on buffing wave 4 beyond what it currently is where the Invasion Mobs spawn Lvl 2-4 (excludes the lowest and highest, recruit & general).  Will continue to monitor though!

    If this is a test of  a future city invasion, you may want to disable player attacks they cant do in cities.

    It does sound like a fun invasion force.  With piggy bosses!
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 139Dev
    This is specific to the Treasures of Halloween event, no invasion of the cities.
  • TimTim Posts: 84
    edited August 10
    Haven't tried it yet but after looking at the screen shots, do we really need another gold shower?
    Too much gold in the system is an acknowledged problem so lets not add to it especially on a limited time special event. I don't think anyone would miss it. I do these events for special items (deco) and the fun of something new with a limited time to do it.

    That being said sounds like fun and I'm looking forward to doing it and if I don't cover my insurance costs so be it.

    PS I think all "gold showers" should be removed or limited, champ spawns have enough other rewards to make the extra gold unnecessary. Let the flame war begin  >:)
       
    Always Remember ITS JUST A GAME
    and
    "A Synonym is a word you use when you can't spell the other one."
                                                                                 Baltasar Gracián
  • cobbcobb Posts: 61
    I hope there are no power scrolls in the trammel version
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 139Dev
    edited August 10
    There is no plan to drop power scrolls in the Trammel side, the Fel side however...  >:)
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 160
    will this be similar to previous halloween content with drops that we hand in and trade?  Will there be a chance for solo players to just wade in and do what they can and still come out with something worthwhile?
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 139Dev
    Yes, similar “treasures of...” style event.  
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 85
    Kyronix said:
    Yes, similar “treasures of...” style event.  
    So is this just for the "Halloween" event, or will it they be permanent dungeons?
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 139Dev
    The Halloween side of it is seasonal and temporary, the champ spawn will remain after minus the seasonal content.
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 85
    Kyronix said:
    The Halloween side of it is seasonal and temporary, the champ spawn will remain after minus the seasonal content.
    Thanks for the reply. Will the "Treasures of.." part still remain as well?
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 139Dev
    No, that’s the seasonal portion of it.
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 85
    Kyronix said:
    No, that’s the seasonal portion of it.
    Gotcha, Thanks.
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • GigglesGiggles Posts: 28

    I appreciate the scrolls staying in fel only. But one thing I noticed with the dragon champ spawn you guys added is, it was never ever ever done in fel. The reason for this is, it's more of a difficult spawn to do, and why do it for the scrolls when you can get scrolls off the easier champ spawns? The dragon turtle egg dropped off both the tram and fel version as well, so people who wanted the egg just did the tram version of it.

    To make the fel side champ enticing, it will need to have a special drop outside of just scrolls or no one will do it. Current champ spawns either offer skulls for the harrower, or do not have a tram mirror (like primevil and abyssal). If primevil and abyssal were also added to tram back in the day, with the same special rewards, no one would ever do them in fel period. Because again, they are slightly more difficult than the more classic spawns.

    Perhap consider adding an addition fel only benefit, or maybe allow 1 random champion skull to drop to the highest damager. People would appreciate the random skull, and be VERY happy if it happened to be the oaks skull. 

    Just a few things I hope you guys consider.

    Why fit in when you were born to stand out? -Dr. Seuss
  • GigglesGiggles Posts: 28

    • How many people were in your group or party?
    Me
    • What kinds of templates were you using? 
    Swords vamp form dexxy with resist
    • How long did it take to summon the Champion?
    About 40 minutes, around 20-25 when you minus the times I had to afk.
    • How many times did you die?
    Three times. Once on level 2 when I got too Cocky, and twice on level 3.

    Some things I noticed....
    Skeletal mages seem to get kinda stupid and just stand there after they teleport. They don't really seem to be casting either.
    Some of the mobs on the level 4 spawn need to have their HP's nerfed slightly. Took quite a long time to kill them. I'll provide the names when I go test it again.

    Why fit in when you were born to stand out? -Dr. Seuss
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 160
    • How many people were in your group or party
    • What kinds of templates were you using? 
    • How long did it take to summon the Champion?
    • How many times did you die?

    Just me, most of the time. Briefly joined by another, but she left after her 2nd death

    Chiv archer. No bushido, no necromancy. This is the character I use to solo Piper or Rikktor spawns on Europa.

    Gave up at level 3, taking me far too long solo, was there around 90 minutes to get that far.

    No deaths - I ran away a lot and have some experience in avoiding being overwhelmed by spawn :D 

    However I did get 2 SoTs and am reasonably sure that had the halloween drops been active I stood a chance of having gotten some.
  • cobbcobb Posts: 61
    since this is new content, I hope the champ will drop some nice loot.  
  • spent about 20 minutes solo on tamer mage with fire beetle. Beetle has inferno, fzww and goo. Didnt get too far. Mobs seem to have to high resist for the build didnt seem to be making any progress. Im sure a samp would be better. Noticed resists for first lvl were low in poison and energy. I want to try on my necro provo next.
    Just a though on reward. The best thing I think that could drop from this and would really cheer up some of the tamers who have destroyed a pet. Make a one use scroll, sort of like the +5 stat scroll from exodus. A player can only use one in his life time and can reset one pet of there choosing. I know a lot of people would love to have one pet back. I know some who stopped playing because they botched their only legacy or rare pet.
  • cobbcobb Posts: 61
    If this pet reset scroll were to drop from the Fel version, that would be good.
Sign In or Register to comment.