why are crafting skills not on jewlery

if i was a skilled craftsman the first thing i'd do is make things that made me a better one. also will the ridiculous randomness of crafting ever be fixed if i want to make a piece of armor or a weapon with set mods i should be able to make exactly what i want. make it expensive make it so i need rare ingredients but please not this random nonsense...lets apply this randomness to other skills with 120 plus skill invested. I'm a leet mage let me summon an EV no wait not create food here let me try again wait what bless that's not what i cast at all... or a swordsman ah let me swing my OP sword of monster slaying at this dragon wait what no nit that goat what the heck ...
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,685
    I was asking the same thing yesterday. would be great to be able to add +10 tinkering to rings and bracelets (so my 50 tinkerer can make boxes to train lockpicking)
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,347
    Only skills that have 120 caps and power scrolls from champ spawns can be found on jewellery.
    I too dislike the randomness of runic crafting or runic re-forging, that's why most of my characters' weapons and parts, or all, of their suits are made via imbuing.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,259
    edited August 2018
    I too dislike the randomness of runic crafting or runic re-forging, that's why most of my characters' weapons and parts, or all, of their suits are made via imbuing.

I hate the randomness of runic reforging also, yet I believe a fully repairable item is the best gear possible, it's a tragedy they give in one hand, yet take so much in another always. This is what I hate about the Developers mentality. Just let me play the game, without so many inbuilt negatives.

Imbuing is a good system, you can get by with it, but it cannot compete with PvM drops. And Imbued items are Brittle.... why?

To the original poster, I don't have a problem with Crafting skills not being on jewelry, it could almost make it too easy.

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    LMAO @Cookie How would having crafting skills on equipment make it easy for crafters but all the other skills that are on equipment doesn't make it easy for those builds.  Are you serious.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,259
    edited August 2018
     Bilbo said:
    LMAO @ Cookie How would having crafting skills on equipment make it easy for crafters but all the other skills that are on equipment doesn't make it easy for those builds.  Are you serious.

Yes I am serious.

There are 10 crafting skills, and 3 gathering skills, of these, only 3 go to 120 skill.

The skills that can be added to with jewellery are the 30 main skills that go to 120.

(Out of 58 0dd skills).

So you see, if you could add up to 30 per skill, you are taking most (70%) Craft skills down to only 70 skill requirement, as opposed to the current set-up, where the 30 current skills that use jewellery still require 90 skill.

Therefore, it would make most Crafting skills too easy.

You really need to think before you type. :)

• RockRock Posts: 567
    edited August 2018
    Why are crafting skills not on jewelry?  Because they are on talismans instead, leaving jewelry for adventuring skills.  The talisman approach is better because:
    1. It can grant skill to a point greater than your skill cap.
    2. It can grant an "exceptional quality" bonus.
    3. They don't detract from adventurers' desire to find loot useful to them.  If crafting skill were added to jewelry, their statistical usefulness would be less for adventurers.
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Cookie said:
     Bilbo said:
    LMAO @ Cookie How would having crafting skills on equipment make it easy for crafters but all the other skills that are on equipment doesn't make it easy for those builds.  Are you serious.

Yes I am serious.

There are 10 crafting skills, and 3 gathering skills, of these, only 3 go to 120 skill.

The skills that can be added to with jewellery are the 30 main skills that go to 120.

(Out of 58 0dd skills).

So you see, if you could add up to 30 per skill, you are taking most (70%) Craft skills down to only 70 skill requirement, as opposed to the current set-up, where the 30 current skills that use jewellery still require 90 skill.

Therefore, it would make most Crafting skills too easy.

You really need to think before you type. :)

LOL Are you serious.  OMG I can add another crafting skill to my mules and maybe only requiring fewer mules this will be so over powering and will destroy UO.  We wouldn't want to make mules stronger than PKers now would we.  Lets not make crafters so over powered that we start to compete with PvMers and PKers, how selfish.  Making crafting skills to easy what a joke.