suggestion: tuneable delay while crafting scrolls

RockRock Posts: 567
edited August 2018 in General Discussions
Forgive the awful annotation, but I'd like to suggest something like shown below be added to the Inscription gump:
What it would allow for is using the radio buttons to add extra seconds between crafting scrolls using either [Make Max] or [Make Number].  It would default to 0 (the value used now) when first brought up, but then remember the last selection throughout one's play session. Since inscription is mana dependent, and there are so many variations in a character's mana generation capability, max mana, and inscription cost, it would be nice to choose to add an extra delay between each scroll.

examples: You have a BOD to craft 20 level 5 scrolls.  You might only need to add 3 or 5 seconds between each scroll so the process can complete before running out of mana.  Or, if you need to craft 20 level 8 scrolls, a better delay might be 9 seconds.  (I'm not sure if you'd ever need to add as much as 11 seconds, but I included it just in case.)

As things stand now, the multi-craft capability is often useless because the process proceeds much faster than the scribe's mana can regenerate.

Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited August 2018
    This poster disagrees with this suggestion. Post edited by Mariah
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,030
    edited August 2018

Instead of radio buttons, how about a tick box that says,

_ Wait for mana to reach [***] before proceeding

You can check the box to turn the option on, and use the *** to set the mana level you want before continuing.

This would have the added affect of bringing the EC in line with the CC/UOA, since UOA already has this function. (It would also be nice to see the "Wait for" function available in EC macro's in addition to the crafting screen.)

-Arroth
  • RockRock Posts: 567
    @Arroth_Thaiel, I should have made it clear that the actual implementation details don't matter, just the capability itself.  If it can be done in a manner that a large number of players are already familiar with, so much the better.
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)
  • DizzyDizzy Posts: 78
    I have previously suggested removing the mana requirement completely for crafting inscription scrolls.  There is no purpose and it seriously slows down crafting scrolls for inscription BODs.

I understanding keeping the mana requirements to *use* the scroll, but not when crafting the scroll.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    ^^^this^^^
    I’m not sure why my post has been edited, I do not beleive that one person’s opinion is as equally valid as anothers (after all, my opinion is fairly worthless on these forums), instead I use logic and reason to explain x is a good idea or y is a bad idea. I think it’s unfair to say I disagree with the suggestion, as I actually just asked a question and clarified the current game status. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,792

Its double taxation.  A mana tax on production and a mana tax on use.

@Mariah for GOD Queen to rule the world of UO.
    edited August 2018
    This thread is posted in forum “general DISCUSSIONS” 

this is not a pole.

my opinion is meaningless without being able to give a reason. 

State opinion and reason without attacking or belittling people like you are the UO Dictator and only you know how to fix UO.
    edited August 2018
    To my knowledge I performed neither of the above. (Did not receive any reprimand either in inbox)

• RorschachRorschach Posts: 506Moderator
    If you have an issue with forum, send an email to ops@broadsword.com or pm the admin. do not continue to discuss it in public forum. no one in the public can answer your questions.
    Okay thank you. I was only following suit since my post was publicly edited so thought that was what we do.