Seriously? You don't get raw chicken legs from chickens?!?

My cook decided to fill a chicken leg Cooking BOD.  It seemed like a one-off that was not part of any Large BODs.  So I went to the Felucca Trinsic gate, knowing that there are always a number of chickens wandering around there.  So I killed one and de-feathered it.  Instead of "raw chicken leg" there were "raw birds".  It so happened that a lizardman targeted me right after, and it was quickly dispatched.  Guess what?  He happened to be carrying a raw chicken leg.

... okay, maybe harpies.  I defeated one of them, but just more "raw birds". UOGuide's Raw Chicken Leg page says you can buy raw chicken legs at butcher shops.  I think I'll do that instead of wandering around hoping for a raw chicken leg as random loot.

Geez -- who thought it was a good idea for chickens not to spawn raw chicken legs?
Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)

Comments

• jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    Makes sense to me that you get a raw bird, it's not going to auto-butcher itself when you kill it, cutting itself up into nice meal-sized pieces! Pretty sure a whole chicken comprises more than just legs....  :p
  • RockRock Posts: 567
    @jaytin, You are right, getting a raw bird is not non-sensical.  What is non-sensical is not getting chicken legs from chickens.  Perhaps a de-feathered dead chicken should yield:
    1. 25 feathers
    2. 2 raw chicken legs
    3. 2 raw chicken wings
    4. 1 raw bird torso
    (doubled in Felucca)
    The raw chicken wings could be part of a new buffalo wings recipe (or several buffalo wing recipes).  The raw bird torso could be used in meat pies and stews.
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,350
    Maybe using a dagger on the raw bird should reduce it to its component parts?
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    Hehehehe okay that is not a ridiculous suggestion, it does seem odd that only monsters drop chicken legs. I like the chicken wing recipe idea. When I get small BODs for stuff like that I just go and buy the items, it's so much easier and I find BODs a bit of a pain anyway. Same with the City Trade quests, sure I could craft those items but it just seems like a waste of time. Yeah I'm lazy!  :o
  • Dot_WarnerDot_Warner Posts: 233
    Should add a liver to the list of resources from birds*.

Liver + dried herbs = pate (renamed/hued bowl of potatoes)

Though they should really add ducks and geese mobs, that way there is an actual source of duck and goose carcasses. Turkeys should give 'a raw turkey' and raw turkey legs. 

But without any real consequence to eating/not eating food, there isn't much of a driver to enhance cooking. Fish pie style stat enhancements aren't all that desirable apparently.

* This could be expanded to parts from other animals as well, beef/sheep liver, intestines, heart, stomach, etc. Foods routinely eaten in the medieval era.