Currency Wall Safes

MissEMissE Posts: 776
edited July 2018 in General Discussions
When this item was first put in game I thought 'great' you will be able to have people deposit money to you when you are not online, however, the biggest problem with them is if you want to use them and set it to say 'friends' then basically anyone friended to your house can also withdraw, and yes it leaves a 'record' of the transaction but it severely limits the usefullness of them, as for setting them to 'anyone' that is impossible if anyone coming along can withdraw.

It would be fantastic if the 'security settings' on the things could be set to owner, coowners, guild, alliance, friends, and anyone BUT add settings to include:

deposit only
deposit and withdraw

Right now both deposit and withdraw are automatic and you cannot specify one or the other or both.  It would need to be on the security settings to specify so that the safe would then just have a deposit only option or both as is currently displayed.

To make them super useful I would like it to be set one to 'anyone' and 'deposit only' so that anyone entering my house can deposit money but no-one can withdraw it other than the house owner/co-owner.  This would make the item suitable for auctions and for paying sellers their sales figures as well as during the auction for buyers to pay for their goods. 

If I wanted to give money to a guildy or anyone NOT online as long as they had a deposit only safe set up in their house set to anyone then I could go and pay or leave them money knowing that noone else can come and take it out.  In fact it would be 'normal' for everyone to end up with a deposit only wall safe so that you always had a way to pay people not online or on your screen.

It would also be great to collect money for player run events, or donations for various things, but whilever you cannot stop people withdrawing they are next to useless.

@kyronix @bleak any chance of this happening?

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum

Comments

• MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Gosh this kind of coding seems near impossible to do... if only there were some other item in game that were similar... *cough mailbox cough*
  • DizzyDizzy Posts: 78
    Sure, the mailbox would work.  Just put a bank check in there.

Oh wait...
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Can you still get bank checks?
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Merus said:
    Gosh this kind of coding seems near impossible to do... if only there were some other item in game that were similar... *cough mailbox cough*
    Sure great comment mate, since when can you deposit money into a mailbox that lists the amount and name ?   Sheesh not helpful nor accurate.

Cheers MissE

MissE said:
    Merus said:
    Sure great comment mate, since when can you deposit money into a mailbox that lists the amount and name ?   Sheesh not helpful nor accurate.
    I was not suggesting using a mailbox since gold checks do not exist... I was pointing out that the functionality the OP is requesting has already been coded for an item in game... namely the mailbox.
    Merus said:
    MissE said:
    Merus said:
    I was not suggesting using a mailbox since gold checks do not exist... I was pointing out that the functionality the OP is requesting has already been coded for an item in game... namely the mailbox.
    Well yes, apologies then,l  I took your post to be a troll :).   Not sure if the deeded nature of the wall safe would make this hard, but the darn things would actually be useful if they allowed control over who could remove funds, it is too broad a category to go from owner to friend, guild etc, I for one don't wanna give access to every friend on my places given there are many reasons I have friends on my house, not all of which mean I wanna give em access to my $$$$$.

Cheers MissE

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,122Dev
    edited July 2018
    MissE said:
    When this item was first put in game I thought 'great' you will be able to have people deposit money to you when you are not online, however, the biggest problem with them is if you want to use them and set it to say 'friends' then basically anyone friended to your house can also withdraw, and yes it leaves a 'record' of the transaction but it severely limits the usefullness of them, as for setting them to 'anyone' that is impossible if anyone coming along can withdraw.

It would be fantastic if the 'security settings' on the things could be set to owner, coowners, guild, alliance, friends, and anyone BUT add settings to include:

deposit only
    deposit and withdraw

Right now both deposit and withdraw are automatic and you cannot specify one or the other or both.  It would need to be on the security settings to specify so that the safe would then just have a deposit only option or both as is currently displayed.

To make them super useful I would like it to be set one to 'anyone' and 'deposit only' so that anyone entering my house can deposit money but no-one can withdraw it other than the house owner/co-owner.  This would make the item suitable for auctions and for paying sellers their sales figures as well as during the auction for buyers to pay for their goods. 

If I wanted to give money to a guildy or anyone NOT online as long as they had a deposit only safe set up in their house set to anyone then I could go and pay or leave them money knowing that noone else can come and take it out.  In fact it would be 'normal' for everyone to end up with a deposit only wall safe so that you always had a way to pay people not online or on your screen.

It would also be great to collect money for player run events, or donations for various things, but whilever you cannot stop people withdrawing they are next to useless.

@ kyronix @ bleak any chance of this happening?

Yes, after talking to Bleak about it, this is something we can do.  Have added it to our backlog for a future publish.

As an aside, to those who posited this has anything to do with how mailboxes work, unfortunately they have nothing in common under the hood. 
    Kyronix said:
    MissE said:

deposit only
    deposit and withdraw

Yes, after talking to Bleak about it, this is something we can do.  Have added it to our backlog for a future publish.

As an aside, to those who posited this has anything to do with how mailboxes work, unfortunately they have nothing in common under the hood. 
    If access and permissions have nothing in common between items there are bigger problems you all should be worrying about than Wall safes.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,122Dev
    edited July 2018
    Merus said:
    If access and permissions have nothing in common between items there are bigger problems you all should be worrying about than Wall safes.
    Your position was that it was an impossible coding challenge, but because of how mailboxes work you assume the same rules apply to the way the proposed change would impact wall safes.  I merely wished to set the record straight that while from the outside two items that have similar functionality may be related, in reality, they sometimes, and ofen, are not.
    Kyronix said:
    MissE said:

deposit only
    deposit and withdraw

Well that is the best news I have heard in ages, hopefully it will be sooner than later :)  Nothing worse than an item that could be seriously useful not being so! 

Cheers MissE

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Nothing more common than an item that could be seriously useful not being so!
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,686
    Bilbo said:
    Can you still get bank checks?
    you can't make a check anymore but you can still get them.
    I had 7 vendors went into the moving crate recently & the home-owner (not vendor owner) claimed the vendors inventory. Inside the backpack with the clothes was a check for the amount the vendor was holding.