Elf Armor

Hi I was just wondering if you would be willing to remove the Elf Only tag from armor. With the addition of morph earrings human's can already use elf only armor so it's not a big deal but human's don't have any exclusive armor so at this point why bother even having elf only tag. It's more annoying for a new player to get a nice piece of elf armor and not being able to use it and also with gargoyle loot playing a human gets frustrating when you constantly are looting items you cannot even use.

Just a quality of life change because I personally cannot see any reason to keep the elf only property but maybe I am overlooking a reason as to why it's still a thing? If you want to keep it then I think it's only fair that human's get exclusive armor as well.

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    New players can’t be elves or do the human to elf quest?
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• TempestTempest Posts: 22
    They can sure but when your new and loot a nice piece of elf only gear it's a pretty stupid concept to not be able to use it. Same with gargoyle only but that is a harder fix.

Its not a well thought out game design to get loot you cannot use and since gargoyles were added the problem is even worse. I would really like to hear reasoning on why elf armor should remain instead of making the game overly complex by forcing players to be a certain race or wear morph earrings. Human characters can already equip elf armors with morph earrings so why not just take out the extra layer of complexity and let both races freely wear the same armor types.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Tempest said:
    They can sure but when your new and loot a nice piece of elf only gear it's a pretty stupid concept to not be able to use it. 
     They can but they can’t? 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• RockRock Posts: 567
    Tempest, I'm not saying you are wrong, but personally this does not bother me.  The devs decided up front to give the races actual differentiating attributes.  Compare with male & female, where there is zero difference.  I like the fact that race matters, and all-in-all I think they did a pretty good job at balancing the races.
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)