Armour Ignore

MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
edited July 2018 in General Discussions
in PvP, there is a hard cap for AI of 35 damage (30 for ranged)

i propose there should also be a lowish cap (say 75 ish) for PvM.

Why you ask? At the moment in PvM for both warriors and pets, its just obvious to use AI, and this would make for some variety. 

(They would probably have to reduce the hp of some bosses)
I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    I fight with my bow equipped on my archer.  Hmmm, maybe I should just put it down and try to kill stuff with my bare hands.  "Come here lil' Slasher, lemme see what my bare fists do to you"

Do you lay awake at night trying to figure out how to ruin the game for the rest of us or what?

• jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    I was just thinking the same thing, what the heck will he complain about next?
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    Sometimes Mervyn I feel like you work for another game or get a big thrill out of being the Devil's Advocate.
  • VioletViolet Posts: 372
    I like how he just pulls a random number out of the air with no math or data on why.

I would try to engage in a conversation with you on how off you are with your "analysis", but I'm sure you don't want an actual conversation. You would rather incite people.

• KronalKronal Posts: 84
    Just another troll by the forums troll leader.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited July 2018
    Okay i haven't done the maths, I'm not sure how much damage the other specials do in pvm, but i think they should cap AI damage to be in line with the damage output of some of the other special moves, just to add variety and bring some use back of the other specials in PvM. Like i say if they drop the HP of most of the bosses it wouldn't actually make the game harder.

I am not trolling (nor complaining), it was a suggestion, were they trolling when they capped AI for PvP?

I have 19 PvM pets, all of them have AI on them as there is currently no comparison, and every warrior spams AI on every boss. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    AI on a pet very very seldom does any more AI than an archer gets on a bow or a swordsman on a blade, in fact I think the swordsmen do MORE damage.  Of course what do I know, I'm just a Trammie PVMer but that's my choice and my UO life which I love and wish you would leave alone.
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    Well said @Parnoc! +1 LIKE!
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited July 2018
    Parnoc it seems I’m unable to express my ideas in English well.

My suggestion is to cap AI for pvm (both players and pets) 

I really think it’s unecessary for people to start being triggered. 

• RorschachRorschach Posts: 506Moderator
    This pointless conversation is done. 

This discussion has been closed.