Necro / Throwing build

I'm a returning player from quite a few years ago. I decided to start a new character to both get into things in general and to experiment with some "newer" things. Any critique to the following build would be appreciated:
  • Gar of the Dead (necro Gargoyle -- call me Captain Obvious)
  • 100: Necromancy, Spirit Speak
  • 100: Throwing, Tactics
  • 100: Bushido, Parry
  • 100: Meditate
I've got 20 more points to spend as well, but I don't know where to distribute them in this build. I'm only married to the first three skills. I have some specific questions concerning the rest:
  1. Does Tactics help with Throwing as it does with melee fighting and Archery?
  2. Does Bushido and Parry let him use his throwing weapon as a shield?
  3. Would Meditate or Focus be better for this sort of character?
  4. Can a Gargoyle throw while flying?

Other comments welcome.

Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)

Comments

• DrowyDrowy Posts: 131
    1. Yes
    2. No, you cant parry with a throwing weapon.
    3. I would take Focus if any of these and try to get armor parts of studded leather or bone
    4. yes

If you really wanna keep Necro and Spirit Speak, I would take Anatomy, Healing and probably Resisting Spells instead of Bushido, Parry, Meditation. Maybe Focus instead of Resisting Speall, depending on what you fight and how much mana you use.
  • RockRock Posts: 567
    Drowy, thank you. I have a related question. Is there anyone who has a quest for Throwing to get it up to 50 relatively quickly? I went to the Gargoyle city and bought Throwing up to 40. The same guy offered me a quest to fight demons, but I don't think my 1 day-old character is ready for that. He's back in New Haven training other skills.
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    Rock said:
    Drowy, thank you. I have a related question. Is there anyone who has a quest for Throwing to get it up to 50 relatively quickly? I went to the Gargoyle city and bought Throwing up to 40. The same guy offered me a quest to fight demons, but I don't think my 1 day-old character is ready for that. He's back in New Haven training other skills.

Hunt down and kill the Korpes and betlabans the things that look like horde minions  they are easy to kill at 40 throwing and count toward the quest.  Usually the Korpes are in groups of 3 stuck on the edges of the land.
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    Also you can imbue the throwing weapon reward to improve it and it comes with a throwing skill bonus, think the best I got was +10 throwing worst was +6 throwing and it is a demon slayer.