Equip item on EC

MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
On both clients, when equipping items by dragging and dropping onto the paper doll, you must first unequip any current item, however when setting a macro to equip items on enhanced client, the item is equipped immediately. This causes many bypasses of intended game mechanics (too many to list)

expected result: item not to be equipped unless current item unequipped first. 
I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,096
    Someone changed suits and killed you again?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    How do you know that it is bypassing game mechanics.  You as a human are saying that you can remove and replace equipment as fast as a computer, that is a good one.  Do you have a program that tells you the client did not unequip an item before it replaced it with another piece.  Just because you can not see it doesn't mean it isn't happening or do you want the EC slowed down so it appears to be done at the players speed.  Do we use a teenage girl as our standard or do we use a 90 year old man as the standard.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,030
    edited July 2018

Please, dev team, don't remove features from the EC.

The CC is 22 or so years old. Time moves forward.  

For the players that want to use all the new stuff (and like new art), let us run.

For the CC folks that want UO to be just like it was when it started, let them stay.
    Let them have a Classic Experience.

The two clients are never going to achieve parity. One can move UO forward. One represents maintaining a specific moment in UO's history.

Where the two mismatch, favor progress.

No customer is stuck with one or the other. Everyone can switch back and forth at any time, as many times as they like. For Free. The customer can choose which UO they prefer. You don't need to try and make both clients identical.

You've already built a forward looking client. If a customer wants it's features, they are there!

-Arroth
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,096
    Mervyn said:

expected result: item not to be equipped unless current item unequipped first. 
    Are you saying two items are equipped in the same slot?

If not, then the item must have been removed.  No bugs here.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Max_BlackoakMax_Blackoak Posts: 620
    this is mostly a balancing issue in pvp. I agree with Mervyn that EC and CC need to be equal in PvP.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    The enhanced client has an unequip macro already (currently obsolete), it’s what it’s there for. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,350
    I tend not to do suit switching when in combat, but all my macros for changing equipment give a 'you must wait' message if I don't use the 'unequip' action and a 1 second delay first.  How come other people can do it when I can't?
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 506Moderator
    Please treat all posters with courtesy and respect. Posts that violate the 
    terms of service will be removed. 

I tend not to do suit switching when in combat, but all my macros for changing equipment give a 'you must wait' message if I don't use the 'unequip' action and a 1 second delay first.  How come other people can do it when I can't?
    Not sure what you're doing wrong Petra,

I am able to equip items without any delay without unequipping first:
    http://sendvid.com/l4b2kym4

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,350
    maybe it's that I'm changing weapons and not suits. My chars have one all -purpose suit each.  However if it should be made that what I do is right, and necessary, then that would fix the problem?
     When I use my 'dress' macro and already have something in my hands different to what's in the macro I get 'you already have something in both hands'.  So what you need is a system message that says 'you are already wearing something in that slot' and a refusal to replace it unless it's unequipped with a suitable delay before replacing? 
    edited July 2018
    maybe it's that I'm changing weapons and not suits. My chars have one all -purpose suit each.  However if it should be made that what I do is right, and necessary, then that would fix the problem?
     When I use my 'dress' macro and already have something in my hands different to what's in the macro I get 'you already have something in both hands'.  So what you need is a system message that says 'you are already wearing something in that slot' and a refusal to replace it unless it's unequipped with a suitable delay before replacing? 
    It works for weapons also as you can see in the video the single 2-handed weapon is also exchanged for a one handed weapon and shield instantaneously along with an unlimited amount of equipment , not sure why its not working for you.

But yes as you described a short delay and refusal cliloc is necessary.

• cobbcobb Posts: 172
    The feature doesn't necessarily have to be removed. Disabling instant equipment change while in the heat of battle would solve the problem as well.
    I don’t actually think there’s any reason to limit it to heat of battle. I might turn up to the next meet and greet flashing luminous blue and orange alternately by insta suit switching to show how ridiculous it looks and is.