Continual error messages re masteries

MissEMissE Posts: 776
Ever since this new publish I keep getting messages ie:

" You are not on the correct path for using this mastery ability" 

Problem is I am NOT trying to use any ability.  I have taming mastery on and my pet is in whisper mode training (the ONLY ability I am currently using).  I am getting poisoned and letting it heal me while it trains heal and discord.  All I am doing is standing there. 

I noticed earlier when I was healing a pet by greater heals on my weaver I was also getting this message, again NOT using any mastery. 

Anyone else getting this?

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Bug has already been reported, people receive the message when they are hit with poison spell/trap or poison ticks. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Ahh ok so the bug fix is working as intended, one bug not fixed very well (ie soulstones and mastery use) 3 bugs created :P 

Cheers MissE

• TimTim Posts: 796
    MissE said:
    Ahh ok so the bug fix is working as intended, one bug not fixed very well (ie soulstones and mastery use) 3 bugs created :P 

Sorry but that is the way most programming works after all it is a 20 year old program.  :)
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,797

I saw this message several times last night while my thief was training to remove traps.  I have never set up the mastery stuff and don't even know how to.

You have to admit is is like keystone cops this bug fix.  Like I didn't even KNOW there was 'bug' with soulstones, so ok, maybe there was, but surely the 'fix' should have been skill check prior to using a mastery or on log in for the passive ones or even at the first time a passive 'triggered' a skill check would be done.

But no, now we have this bug of continuous error messages, and the bug that if you have a mastery active with the skill stoned off, you can't actually put it back on to turn it off so are completely out of luck and have to page a gm to fix it lol.  I mean you couldn't 'script' this stuff.   It's a 2fer, get rid of one, add 2 :P

Can you have a mastery active and stone the skill off?  Anyone tried, if so the above BUG will continue to be a problem, I don't wanna try it as I have zero faith in what may happen lol.  It 'should' say you cannot stone off the skill while the mastery is active but ..........  anyone tested?

Cheers MissE

• Max_BlackoakMax_Blackoak Posts: 620
    the way it is now you can't stone of ANY skill while ANY mastery is active... you need to deactivate the mastery to stone of a skill, no matter if it's the skill you're running the mastery of or not...

pretty annoying when switching skills (I like to switch bushido for imbuing to craft), now each time I do I have to turn off the mastery and turn it back on afterwards...then there's that cooldown...
    the way it is now you can't stone of ANY skill while ANY mastery is active... you need to deactivate the mastery to stone of a skill, no matter if it's the skill you're running the mastery of or not...

pretty annoying when switching skills (I like to switch bushido for imbuing to craft), now each time I do I have to turn off the mastery and turn it back on afterwards...then there's that cooldown...
    This is as intended. This is all good. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

edited July 2018

let me be more specific: I am not running bushido mastery. When I stone off bushido I still have to deactivate the mastery I am running (e.g. fencing) so I can actually put any other skill on a soulstone.
    An active mastery is blocking ALL other skills to be soulstoned off. If that is intended you gotta ask why because all they were trying to fix was people activating say poisoning mastery, then stone it off and still keep running the mastery.
    Well this is a fix all solution, so people will not be able to keep ANY mastery on when using a soulstone, not just poisoning.

well don't you agree that it would make more sense if you couldn't take off skills whose mastery you're currently using over not being able to take off any skill, regardless what mastery you're using?
    I fully understand why they implemented the change but like so often I think they went too far and thus created more problems for people who actually use soulstones on a daily basis (which is 99% of the Siege players by the way)
    edited July 2018
    Personally, not really. Although I’m sure the usual will disagree with me. Reason being:
    I don’t know why you can only have one char on Siege, but that is Siege, and that is what they decided. Soulstoning on Siege is surely a workaround for only being able to have one character. Meaning, the one character limitation predates soulstones, and just because everyone “works around” the system doesn’t really make it part of the intent.
    I mean, I guess your solution would make sense too. But I don’t think they’re under any obligation to cater for the soulstone work arounders. 

Can nobody remember when you had to wait 24 hours to use a soulstone? Now you’re complaining about 20 mins. But it’s not actually 20 mins, it’s just 20 mins before you can switch your mastery back on. What mastery is it that impedes your game play that you can’t play without for 20 mins? 

• BleakBleak Posts: 143Dev
    MissE said:
    Ever since this new publish I keep getting messages ie:

" You are not on the correct path for using this mastery ability" 

Problem is I am NOT trying to use any ability.  I have taming mastery on and my pet is in whisper mode training (the ONLY ability I am currently using).  I am getting poisoned and letting it heal me while it trains heal and discord.  All I am doing is standing there. 

I noticed earlier when I was healing a pet by greater heals on my weaver I was also getting this message, again NOT using any mastery. 

Anyone else getting this?
    I will look into this.
  • the way it is now you can't stone of ANY skill while ANY mastery is active... you need to deactivate the mastery to stone of a skill, no matter if it's the skill you're running the mastery of or not...

let me be more specific: I am not running bushido mastery. When I stone off bushido I still have to deactivate the mastery I am running (e.g. fencing) so I can actually put any other skill on a soulstone.
    An active mastery is blocking ALL other skills to be soulstoned off. If that is intended you gotta ask why because all they were trying to fix was people activating say poisoning mastery, then stone it off and still keep running the mastery.
    this issue has been resolved! you can now use a soulstone to stone off skills that don't have their mastery active! Thank you devs!

Not sure about the poisoning message issue
    Poisoning message is still there.  As of 6pm today :P  So not fixed yet

Cheers MissE

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,797
    That poisoning message got one of my characters killed the other day.  Luckily he was close to a healer.  None of my characters are even doing masteries and they get that poisoning message.