Runic Atlas vs. Rune Book

I decided to get me a runic atlas, to replace my runebook (though atm I still have both on my character in the top pack)
I'm wondering what is the deal with the runic atlas, as it seems to fail when choosing the rune and then choosing to recall by spell.

I recall from it the same way as the rune book and I fail 9 out of 10 times.
I pop the rune out and recall on it, and get there in one attempt.
I put the same rune in my runebook, and choose that rune and spell (not charge) and get there in one attempt, sometimes 2 needed but not more than that. 
57% magery character.
Is there something about those runic atlas books that require something more than a runebook to operate ?  ;)

Comments

• RockRock Posts: 567
    I have several characters with Runic Atlasses, but I have not experienced what you describe.  In my experience, runes behave the same whether alone, in a runebook, or a runic atlas.  If I had to guess at the problem, I'd say the RNG (random number generator) was not treating you well while you were testing this.
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,789

Recall by spell in a runic atlas is dependent on the character's magery level.  Open up a spell book in the EC and hover your mouse over the recall spell.  That will tell you your chance of success.

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,044
    With >100 magery I have never had a spell fizzle from either rune book if the spot is not blocked. 

I did go to TC and wonder why my book was not working,  I forgot I set magery to 0 while testing something else....

Tim has best answer.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    I never fail casting recall on chars with 100 or over magery. Some of my characters use one or two runic Atlases, my t-hunter has a mixture of both kinds of runebooks others have only one old-style book as they don't get about much. The type of book they have makes no difference. My crafter does sometimes (rarely) fail but she has less than 100 magery, she only has one old-style runebook.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    When you say it “fails”, do you mean the spell fizzles? 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• BubblegumBubblegum Posts: 41
    edited July 2018
     I have 100 Magery and fizzle on spells too. (any spell). I use Runebooks myself, just because i'm old fashioned.  the difference that I see is runebooks, are 1 page (holding 16-20 runes). and Rune Atlases. hope multiple pages. Not sure how many. (haven't looked it up). :) :)

Wildfire