Can a pet be bonded more than once?

Last week I transferred a bonded pack horse, Porsch, to a different character. The new character fed Porsch and stabled him, and now after more than a week, Porsch was claimed and re-fed. He did not re-bond.  Then I tried, "Porsch follow me".  He accepted the command, but that did not lead to a re-bonding either.

So I am wondering -- can a pet can be re-bonded to a new owner?
Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Yes
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,096
    New owner has to feed it and wait exactly 7 days to bond.  You can wait longer but exactly 7 days is enough.  If you fed a new pet now you could name it TuesThreeThirtySeven  and next Tuesday at 3:37 it will bond.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • RockRock Posts: 567
    @Mervny and @Pawain thank you for your responses.  That's what I had thought, but I had never transferred a bonded pet before.  So if he was supposed to bond and he didn't, something is amiss, such as:
    1. New owner did not feed Porsch prior to stabling him.
    2. I wrote down the wrong date and time of his being stabled.
    3. There is a bug.
    At any rate, Porsch has been re-fed and -stabled. Will it cause a problem if I claim him after a day to check on whether the date was written down wrong?
    When you trade a pet, the bond goes away.
  • RockRock Posts: 567
    edited June 2018
    @Pawain, my 2nd post was not clear.  I was aware that Porsch's bond went away when transferred.  He was fed (99% sure) and stabled for a week, but when he was claimed and fed again, he did not re-bond.

-- after re-entering game just now --
    Just to check if I had written down the time of day wrong, I got Porsch out of the stable and re-fed him.
    This time he bonded. :)

Hmm, this is on Origin.  I wonder if the downtime, while they put Pub.100 on it, shifted the week's duration by several hours.  Just a guess.
    Mine are always accurate.  And feeding chicken lizards for eggs is also exact time but only 24 hours.  So I name the last one I feed from the coop a new time each day.

But not sure if reverts or stuff like that make it different.

Make it a good pet!
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210

I made a new tamer and transferred roughly 4-5 pets over. They all took a little over 3 weeks to bond. Each were fed, given a command and stabled. By that time I completely lost interest in playing the new character.

There really should be a timer or a spoken command that will give you the exact bond time.

edited June 2018
    Urge said:

I made a new tamer and transferred roughly 4-5 pets over. They all took a little over 3 weeks to bond. Each were fed, given a command and stabled. By that time I completely lost interest in playing the new character.

There really should be a timer or a spoken command that will give you the exact bond time.

Bond Time has been seven days since it was put in.  No randomness.

Name the pet  A HiryuMonTenPM
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210
    Pawain said:
    Urge said:

Bond Time has been seven days since it was put in.  No randomness.

Name the pet  A HiryuMonTenPM

I'm aware of what the intended timer is normally. I've never had issues with bonding until this one specific character with all transferred pets. I looked at my logs, 23 days to bond what I had in my stable. Bugs can and will happen.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,686
    I've had isssues where pets took a couple weeks to bond & I do put the day of the week on pets name, I just wait til the following day just to be sure... have had this happen multiple times on Sonoma